It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over One Million Gun Owners Refuse To Obey Ban, No One Turning In Magazines

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

My arms are not to fight some massive government organizations. That is just stupid. My arms are for the deranged crowds of violent people fleeing the cities in a SHTS situation.

This right here pretty much. I couldn't give a rats ass less about the government. It's ultimately for the one day that shtf.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
This whole post is just...false.

The New Jersey ban doesn't say anything about confiscation. It doesn't say anything about being forced to surrender your magazines. It doesn't say anything about turning current owners into felons.

If anything, this law follows an existing law passed in 1990 that limited magazine capacity to 15. It's already been ruled constitutional by an appeals court.

False. There is no grandfather clause, If you are in possession of a magazine that holds more than the limit it is a class 4 felony. You either surrender your mags, sell them to "authorized" persons, or hand them over to an FFL to store for you at a $1.25 a month storage fee.

So, if you have one of these magazines, they will charge you with a felony.

Any questions?

cdn.ymaws.com...

THE PENALTY FOR VIOLATING THE NEW LAW
:
It is a NJ 4th degree crime to be in possession of
magazines in excess of 10 rounds
, unless the magazine is except
ed (see “Excepted Magazines”
above) or the person is
excepted (see “Excepted Persons” above). The maximum prison se
ntence is 18 months in prison and the maximum
fine is $10,000, per magazine. A conviction also results in th
e loss of gun rights nationwide. This is a felony-equivalent
offense.
COMPLIANCE OPTIONS UNDER THE MAG BAN LAW
The following compliance options exist under the new law for de
aling with banned magazines:
1. VOLUNTARY SURRENDER
:
By December 10, 2018, voluntarily surrender to law enforcement
the non-
compliant magazines, or firearms that cannot be made compliant,
according to a detailed set of procedures articulated
THE PENALTY FOR VIOLATING THE NEW LAW
:
It is a NJ 4th degree crime to be in possession of
magazines in excess of 10 rounds
, unless the magazine is except
ed (see “Excepted Magazines”
above) or the person is
excepted (see “Excepted Persons” above). The maximum prison se
ntence is 18 months in prison and the maximum
fine is $10,000, per magazine. A conviction also results in th
e loss of gun rights nationwide. This is a felony-equivalent
offense.
COMPLIANCE OPTIONS UNDER THE MAG BAN LAW
The following compliance options exist under the new law for de
aling with banned magazines:
1. VOLUNTARY SURRENDER
:
By December 10, 2018, voluntarily surrender to law enforcement
the non-
compliant magazines, or firearms that cannot be made compliant,
according to a detailed set of procedures articulated
at 2C:39-12 which need to be followed to the letter. They invo
lve advance notification of the proposed date and time
of surrender to either the Superintendent of State Police or th
e person’s local police chief. But the procedure is not
available if there are previously pending charges, complaints,
or investigations concerning magazine possession, or if
such charges, complaints or investigations begin prior to the a
ctual time surrender is made. This option is not generally
recommended. For more detail, see
www.evannappen.com...
s.html

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uberdoubter
a reply to: infolurker

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It seems like the concept of "free State" is in jeopardy.

A common misconception is also that the second amendment GIVES the right to bear arms. It does not. It states that the (God given?) right to bear arms shall not be INFRINGED. You already have that right - as you should have, in a free country.

This 10 round magazine ban is BS put into place by clueless people probably similar to this frail NY Times reporter (I think it was) that claimed to get PTSD from merely firing a gun for the first time. Poor baby. Let's hope he'll never be in a survival situation without canned food. Or worse: Without a can opener.

Yeah I remember that. Led to one of my favorite memes.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: du Pelican Blanc
a reply to: Breakthestreak

There is just no point in a law that limits magazine capacity.

Truth. They don't stop mass shooters. If they can't get the hands on any, it's easy to kill lots of people with smaller magazines. Parkland shooter killed 17 and wounded 17, using 10-round mags. VA Tech shooter killed 32 and wounded 17, using at most 19-round mags, possibly as low as 10. There are numerous examples. People think like in the movies you'll be able to counter attack while the guy changes magazines. Real life doesn't work that way. Mag changes happen too fast, and if you're behind cover, by the time you realize that few seconds of silence is him changing mags, it's too late to do anything.

ETA: A smart shooter could also completely foil any such attempts by bringing 2 guns, but mainly using 1. You shoot and reload with 1, keeping the other always loaded and ready in case someone tries to charge you during a mag change. These laws are strictly so gun control goons can pat themselves on the back for "doing something". As long as they can feel good, it doesn't matter if zero lives are saved. That's not the point. If they cared about saving lives, they'd be willing to engage and listen to the people who are most informed about the matter who can tell them things that make more tactical sense.
edit on 21 12 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Back to my point maybe a million people don't own them ??? Maybe nobody does, do they have records???

Waste of time and money

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Violater1

" Any law that restricts any part of the Amendment's, is illegal. "

So , that would Include Ammo ?

If you know the amendment, you know it does not say guns. It uses the term, "arms". That term, at that time, meant firearm, powder, and ball. One of the reasons that they had to beat back the British soldiers marching on Concord in April of 1775. The soldiers were heading to seize the powder reserves stored there.

Historic context is everything in this regard.

PS: And, the words "well regulated" actually means well trained and in good order. It does not mean more laws to restrict (or infringe) that right, which is actually clearly stated.

2nd Amendment: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
So if the Revolutionary army had Phased Array Power Adjustable MICrowave weapons (PAPA MICs) back then, the British would have made it illegal to possess High output Graphene batteries (HOGs) to power them. My point is: making it a law to abolish the citizens from having arms is illegal. Btw, you know about the Patriot missile. What does the acronym "Patriot" stand for? Phased Array TRack to Intercept Of Target. It replaced the "Homing All-the way Killer", or Hawk missile. There's some trivia you won't learn on Wikipedia. Next time your life is threatened, you'll wish your PAPA was with you.

I believe you misunderstood my post. I was defending the 2nd, and explaining to the person I was responding to that yes, ammunition is still considered part of the "arms" stated in the amendment. Therefore, attempts to restrict ammunition should still be considered an infringement upon the amendment, and Constitutionally illegal.

Please re-read my post with that in mind, and I hope you understand more what I was getting at there.

My apologies. I'm sorry that I misinterpreted you.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: du Pelican Blanc

Sweet!!

Don't suppose you'd share?? **puppy dog eyes**

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nothing new really.

Canada Tried Registering Long Guns -- And Gave Up
www.forbes.com...

With all the claims from the "left" to hate everything about the nazis, you would think that they would hate "gun registration" and "gun control" as imposed by the nazis, which then used it to disarm those the nazis thought were "a threat..."

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Uberdoubter

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It seems like the concept of "free State" is in jeopardy.

A common misconception is also that the second amendment GIVES the right to bear arms. It does not. It states that the (God given?) right to bear arms shall not be INFRINGED. You already have that right - as you should have, in a free country.

This 10 round magazine ban is BS put into place by clueless people probably similar to this frail NY Times reporter (I think it was) that claimed to get PTSD from merely firing a gun for the first time. Poor baby. Let's hope he'll never be in a survival situation without canned food. Or worse: Without a can opener.

Yeah I remember that. Led to one of my favorite memes.

Yep - That's pretty much the guy. Can a wet noodle like that even drive a car? He's probably got a special kind of license, only allowing him to drive when it's not raining - because he'll be completely disoriented by the movement of the wipers.

It is of course mostly just another hit piece, designed to "disarm the militia" - because USA can't have a pesky opposition to the democrat's importation of "foreign voters and toilet cleaners". What's not to like - they're cheap and cheerful, and in case they make trouble, that's no problem for the politicians or rich people in their gated communities. I'm talking about the imported voters - because every single gun owner is a raving madman that murdered his (or her) entire family twice over before they were 18. Make that three times.

That macho journalist would probably need illegal immigrants to mow his lawn, as the WGD (weapon of grass destruction) that is a lawn mower, surely must be described thusly:

"The vibrations hurt my hands. The overwhelming amount of controls disoriented me, while the smell of exhaust made me sick. The sound - louder than my coffee machine gave me permanent PTSD. For at least an hour after mowing the lawn, I was even more of a cuck than usual."

Something has happened to men after WWII - more and more turning into useless, clueless mouth breathers. Just what every woman wants - because a wet noodle that she can walk all over is SO appealing and useful.
edit on 21-12-2018 by Uberdoubter because: Typo.

edit on 21-12-2018 by Uberdoubter because: Typo.

(post by Fdsmk removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

LOL "Puppy Dog Eyes" might work with my Hubby...that's how I got it for Christmas!
Come on down, we can blast some of my Dad's diaper boxes.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beowolfs
Violators face fines/imprisonment and the relinquishment of said firearms.

Attempted enforcers face a trip to hell and their names on the news in the more upstanding, bold parts of the nation...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Time to clean out the swamp the old fashioned way. How they used to do before all this bull was in the way.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Violater1

" Any law that restricts any part of the Amendment's, is illegal. "

So , that would Include Ammo ?

If you know the amendment, you know it does not say guns. It uses the term, "arms". That term, at that time, meant firearm, powder, and ball. One of the reasons that they had to beat back the British soldiers marching on Concord in April of 1775. The soldiers were heading to seize the powder reserves stored there.

Historic context is everything in this regard.

PS: And, the words "well regulated" actually means well trained and in good order. It does not mean more laws to restrict (or infringe) that right, which is actually clearly stated.

So , according to the Second Amendment , could a Bow and Arrow be considered an " Arm " ? A Rock , a Piece of Wood ? Anything that could be turned into a Weapon ? If so , then like you said , " Arms " do not Only mean Firearms . Hmm...

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Fine. Throw them all in prison. They're a danger to society anyway.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
N/M.
edit on 12/22/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

How so??

Do enlighten us.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Damn, America, what's happened to you...arms in every corner , dangerous to simply go out for a date

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Veryvery

Really? I went out on one just the other night. Nothin'. Not a single shot was heard. Happens all the time, really.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
710,000 people die per year from heart disease.

It’s time to stop the double cheeseburgers!

Absolutely true! Obesity kills far more people than guns but there is no big push or media blitz to end fast food!! You are much more likely to be killed by French fries than a 9 mm.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join