It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over One Million Gun Owners Refuse To Obey Ban, No One Turning In Magazines

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It would appear they misjudged how many mags were out there. Just a guess but it would appear to be true. So no there's not a million more felons out there.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: Wayfarer

This is a New Jersey state law, president Trump has exactly what to do with it?

They seem to not even know the difference between a bump-stock and a large capacity magazine. And these are people that want us to disarm ourselves?!?!

I guess we must forgive their ignorance. To them, anything "gun related" is the same and indistinguishable from each other. They are bad, and should be stricken from this earth (for anyone but their Democratic shepherds that is).

Wanting them to be informed on the issue is racist.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Violater1

" Any law that restricts any part of the Amendment's, is illegal. "

So , that would Include Ammo ?

If you know the amendment, you know it does not say guns. It uses the term, "arms". That term, at that time, meant firearm, powder, and ball. One of the reasons that they had to beat back the British soldiers marching on Concord in April of 1775. The soldiers were heading to seize the powder reserves stored there.

Historic context is everything in this regard.

PS: And, the words "well regulated" actually means well trained and in good order. It does not mean more laws to restrict (or infringe) that right, which is actually clearly stated.

This post should be pinned to the top of every page of every thread having to do with guns.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

It's understandable, there was a poster a bit before you who took off on that tangent in a meager attempt at Trump bashing; I mean, orange man bad, after all.

It's silly that some folks seem to think that just because a law is passed, makes it the right thing to do.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well, looks like 14 round mags will become popular

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It's silly that some folks seem to think that just because a law is passed, makes it the right thing to do.

Same people that don't want immigration laws enforced "because they're stupid".

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

These things are pointless. They also increase the cost of guns and accessories. When the manufacturer has to maintain two (now more) separate production lines for the standard edition, the California-compliant edition, now the NJ-compliant edition, it just increases the cost of everything. It further prices out the most vulnerable people in our society, poor minorities living in high-crime neighborhoods.
edit on 21 12 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Thats just silly...

whats stopping people from having multiple 10 round magazines... lol

That's next in their agenda.
First, Relinquish all high capacity magazines. High capacity according to the Left.
2nd, Limit the amount of magazines a person can legally own. Probably 2
3rd, Impose a limit for rounds a person can legally store.

Small caliber: 200
Large caliber: 80

Violators face fines/imprisonment and the relinquishment of said firearms.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

These things are pointless. They also increase the cost of guns and accessories. When the manufacturer has to maintain two (now more) separate production lines for the standard edition, the California-compliant edition, now the NJ-compliant edition, it just increases the cost of everything. It further prices out the most vulnerable people in our society, poor minorities living in high-crime neighborhoods.

I mean mags aren't really that expensive... and you can find them used even cheaper. I doubt it would take much to retool a 10 - 15 round mag machine.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I mean mags aren't really that expensive... and you can find them used even cheaper. I doubt it would take much to retool a 10 - 15 round mag machine.

Maybe they're not that expensive to you and I, but it's just one thing. In addition to making the guns more expensive, making the process to obtain one more expensive, all these restrictive laws work together to make guns more and more unaffordable for the people who need them most.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beowolfs

originally posted by: Akragon
Thats just silly...

whats stopping people from having multiple 10 round magazines... lol

That's next in their agenda.
First, Relinquish all high capacity magazines. High capacity according to the Left.
2nd, Limit the amount of magazines a person can legally own. Probably 2
3rd, Impose a limit for rounds a person can legally store.

Small caliber: 200
Large caliber: 80

Violators face fines/imprisonment and the relinquishment of said firearms.

I'd be in major trouble then. I've got about 2000 rounds in the house.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Once the Left has managed to shut down ammo sales to its citizens.
Rounds will be worth its weight in gold.

After all, we have the right to keep and bear arms. But does the constitution say anything with regards to the ammunition?

From the Lefts perspective...

Keep all the guns you want, good luck finding ammo.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It seems like the concept of "free State" is in jeopardy.

A common misconception is also that the second amendment GIVES the right to bear arms. It does not. It states that the (God given?) right to bear arms shall not be INFRINGED. You already have that right - as you should have, in a free country.

This 10 round magazine ban is BS put into place by clueless people probably similar to this frail NY Times reporter (I think it was) that claimed to get PTSD from merely firing a gun for the first time. Poor baby. Let's hope he'll never be in a survival situation without canned food. Or worse: Without a can opener.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If you take away guns from law abiding citizens, who would be the only people that would even consider turning in whatever is banned, then only the people who don't care if they obey the law, will have them.

Just stupid.

Fred..

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This whole post is just...false.

The New Jersey ban doesn't say anything about confiscation. It doesn't say anything about being forced to surrender your magazines. It doesn't say anything about turning current owners into felons.

If anything, this law follows an existing law passed in 1990 that limited magazine capacity to 15. It's already been ruled constitutional by an appeals court.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Lex iniusta non est lex--St. Augustine.

An unjust law is no law at all.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

This is a New Jersey state law, president Trump has exactly what to do with it?

Thats my bad I thought I was in the Bump-Stock thread and apparently mis-clicked the post right beneath it....

Keep your threads straight. This is the thread were people pretend President Trump didn't just ban bump stocks.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

originally posted by: madenusa
710,000 people die per year from heart disease.

It’s time to stop the double cheeseburgers!

And how many were healthy hearts that just got old?

I don't know but ill bet you over 75% didn't own a 20 round banana clip either.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

710,000 people die per year from heart disease.

It’s time to stop the double cheeseburgers!

And how many were healthy hearts that just got old?

I don't know but ill bet you over 75% didn't own a 20 round banana clip either.

I own several.

They’re actually 30 round ‘magazines’ for my semi auto rifle. It’s an old original AK47

I know I know, Russian crap, still an awesome firearm though.
edit on 21 12 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Same here. Several are needed to spend more time enjoying blasting ammo at targets and less time reloading 1 magazine. Christmas for us this year is a Chicago Typewriter with 50 rd drum (Benghazi Edition). There is just no point in a law that limits magazine capacity.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join