It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over One Million Gun Owners Refuse To Obey Ban, No One Turning In Magazines

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I've only tried jungle style with a Nerf gun, works great. : )

Ooooo thanks for the idea man! Unfortunately I only one Nerf gun that has a mag but I did get one extra with a the already massive over stock of ammo I have for my childish like collection of Nerf guns.
Gunna try this now actually!
I just paused Starship Troopers on the perfect scene for target practice.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

That's cool. I don't own one with less than 10. My brand spankin' new Walther came with two 16-rd magazines. I fully intend to purchase a couple more for it.

This law is a prime example of wanting to be seen "doing something" to "solve the problem". All while solving, in true reality, nothing.

Good for the citizens of New Jersey. In their honor, I will, for a day or two, not make New Jersey jokes.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think mine are 7 round clips. I support the rights of others. Im not selfish, nor a fool. They will come for the 7s later. I wonder if they will be presenting themselves as male or female when they come for them

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: Akragon
Thats just silly...

whats stopping people from having multiple 10 round magazines... lol

Let the puppies nip at your heels, and soon they will be going for your throat.

The left is going to learn a hard lesson some day. Never go to a gunfight with a hockey puck and pussy hat on

I’m all for sensible gun laws. But people being upset about haveing a mag restricted to 10 rounds seems silly to me. I will say I don’t own a clip larger than 9. And I only hunt and target practice. And since my rifle doesn’t have a forward grip I imagine a 15 round clip would throw off the weight that I am used to.
I do own a semi auto but only ever pop off 2 at a time to maintain accuracy. If I do three the third will definitely not be on target. Keep in mind I only weigh 145.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
#SpoilerAlert

If civil war breaks out, the rwnj's will lose.

This is also hilarious to watch. "Well, that's just the right amount of infringement!" Heil tRump

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

That's cool. I don't own one with less than 10. My brand spankin' new Walther came with two 16-rd magazines. I fully intend to purchase a couple more for it.

This law is a prime example of wanting to be seen "doing something" to "solve the problem". All while solving, in true reality, nothing.

Good for the citizens of New Jersey. In their honor, I will, for a day or two, not make New Jersey jokes.

Good man!

They already came for ours. So what I have is multiple 7 round clips, and a belt that holds them. Enough is enough with this gun grab nonsense. I have that deadly bullet button on mine

edit on 20-12-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Idk about you guys, but I think a lot of people in NJ had unfortunate boat trips where they lost their magazines in horrible boating accidents.
edit on 20-12-2018 by dubiousatworst because: state

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

I've only tried jungle style with a Nerf gun, works great. : )

Ok I just finished trying that out on my Nerf guns..... Forgot to take into account that I am right handed so after I finished a few mags I realized the issue and corrected.
Wow man now this is efficient as F.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: infolurker

A Gun no Longer Functions as a Gun without Ammo . The Second Amendment is Vague in this regard .
Shall not be infringed. That doen’t seem vague at all.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Violater1

" Any law that restricts any part of the Amendment's, is illegal. "

So , that would Include Ammo ?

If you know the amendment, you know it does not say guns. It uses the term, "arms". That term, at that time, meant firearm, powder, and ball. One of the reasons that they had to beat back the British soldiers marching on Concord in April of 1775. The soldiers were heading to seize the powder reserves stored there.

Historic context is everything in this regard.

PS: And, the words "well regulated" actually means well trained and in good order. It does not mean more laws to restrict (or infringe) that right, which is actually clearly stated.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

" Any law that restricts any part of the Amendment's, is illegal. "

So , that would Include Ammo ?

If you know the amendment, you know it does not say guns. It uses the term, "arms". That term, at that time, meant firearm, powder, and ball. One of the reasons that they had to beat back the British soldiers marching on Concord in April of 1775. The soldiers were heading to seize the powder reserves stored there.

Historic context is everything in this regard.

PS: And, the words "well regulated" actually means well trained and in good order. It does not mean more laws to restrict (or infringe) that right, which is actually clearly stated.

2nd Amendment: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
So if the Revolutionary army had Phased Array Power Adjustable MICrowave weapons (PAPA MICs) back then, the British would have made it illegal to possess High output Graphene batteries (HOGs) to power them. My point is: making it a law to abolish the citizens from having arms is illegal. Btw, you know about the Patriot missile. What does the acronym "Patriot" stand for? Phased Array TRack to Intercept Of Target. It replaced the "Homing All-the way Killer", or Hawk missile. There's some trivia you won't learn on Wikipedia. Next time your life is threatened, you'll wish your PAPA was with you.
edit on V562018Thursdaypm31America/ChicagoThu, 20 Dec 2018 23:56:21 -06001 by Violater1 because: khl6f

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Awesome.

To the anti-gun crowd?

Really you need to present the whole fruit bowl imao.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Of course with all the fuss about the 2nd Amendment everyone seems to forget the other part of the Constitution being violated here. The Commerce clause.

Restrictions on interstate and international commerce is a power reserved to the Federal Government via the Commerce Clause. A state restricting products made out of state or country is in violation of the commerce clause and the 9th and 10th Amendments. The separation of powers.

State and local government do not have the power to regulate products. Unless said product is/was created in that state.

edit on 21-12-2018 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I will say I don’t own a clip larger than 9

Whats a clip?

I imagine a 15 round clip

Again whats a clip?

I do own a semi auto

Ummm, unless its a revolver, bolt action, lever action or black powder, they are all Semi-auto......

edit on 12/21/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The 2nd Amendment affirms the human right to own..... ARMS.

Weapons!

Accoutrements!

Ordinance!

The entire thing was left vague... intentionally!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The leftist do not understand state lines.

I live in calif with its mag ban but live close enough to nevada i just took my mags over the border.

The Constitution Of The US allows me to do this without fear of arrest by calif.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The Conservative govt, got rid of the bill brought in by the previous Liberal govt, nothing new for sure.
The registry was not a good or useful thing IMHO, so good it went.
Consider though, the Liberals are back in power, they are likely toying with something.

We do have magazine capacity rules, none on shotguns though!

edit on 21-12-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I have a whole pile of 33 round mags for my glock.
I can fire 33 rounds out pretty damn quick
I don’t think Libs understand any single ‘ban’ they enact. At all.

But while they’re in ‘banning mode’ next year, I hope they ‘ban’ shi##ing on the sidewalk in California.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

If I owned a bolt action or a revolver i'd be pissed, i'm not too sure about auto's, I think they are unnecessary, nerf guns offer the fun without the threat of bloodshed.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I'm going to go ahead and put it out there. They can make it illegal all they want, but I'm not turning any of my guns in. I just won't. The last gun I purchased was a Walther PPQ M2 with threaded barrel so I can use one of those really expensive, evil "silencers" if I wanted to. It came with a 15 and 17 round magazine.

I have a concealed carry permit where I had to get finger printed and a background check. When I bought the gun I had to get a new driver's license so I could buy it. At no point did I think it was too easy to get the gun. The whole process of it felt proper.

I'm also a licensed security officer which I had to pay to get fingerprinted again. Granted I don't have to get fingerprinted or background checked anymore, but they can't say I didn't follow proper procedure. This is even after I got out of the military with an honorable discharge. They didn't care. It just got me $100 off a couple of fees.

Oh, and I daily carry with one round in the chamber, a magazine of fifteen rounds inserted, and two extra magazines of seventeen rounds each on my belt. That's a handgun and fifty rounds that I have on me every day, but I've never felt the urge to just go on a shooting spree.
edit on 21-12-2018 by RealityIsAbsurd because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join