It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1969 First Moon Landing - FAKE

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
OK, First of all, I just want to point out this isn't a wind up post. It's just that something has been bugging me for a long time and I need to hear from those who know better?

So, the lander is making its way down to the surface of the moon. We have a live broadcast with live conversation.
Neil Armstrong steps on to the moon - we have a live broadcast with live conversation.

49 years ago.

Today we go to Mars and we don't get live landing broadcast, we only get delayed telemetry data?

Even my Mobile phone (modern tech working from satellites) still does not work in some areas?

WTF?

So, c'mon science types, please tell me how this was possible in 69? They had no super powered satellite broadcast on the lander or on the moon?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The old boys in Conneticutt said they made the space suits with no radiation protection.....so yea

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

average distance to moon = 384 400 km [ av ]

mars distance 54 MILLION km [ min ] , 224 MILLION [ mean ] , 410 million [ max ]

its not rocket science

PS - moon = tidally locked [ that means we could always have LOS from a base station on earth ]

and you say your OP is not a wind up ???????????

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Well, Mars is about 8 light minutes away right now, as opposed to 2 light seconds for the Moon.

So, c'mon science types, please tell me how this was possible in 69? They had no super powered satellite broadcast on the lander or on the moon?
Right. No satellite. The transmission was straight from the Moon's surface to ground stations on Earth. Read all about it:
www.popsci.com...

Oh my. That youtuber really is an idiot. "How did the signal get through the Van Allen radiation belt?"

edit on 12/20/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Instant response when talking yeah?

I understand the distances involved. But I don't get the whole live broadcast? Even now there is a delay to the ISS

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yep got it. Cheers.

Fair enough

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I'm a skeptic, I don't mind admitting it.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

what " instant response " ??????????????

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

what " instant response " ??????????????

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Is that what this is about? The fact that Houston answers the astronauts with little "delay?" Really? That's really dumb.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

edit on 20/12/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Ahem!

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

That's really dumb.

Not really, it's a legitimate question. The timings are questionable for the technology at the time.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

There was no instant response to the astronauts on the moon. There's about a 2.5 second delay (1.25 seconds either way) in any communications with the moon. It's nearly instantaneous, but not quite. With Mars the delay is anywhere from 4 minutes to 24 minutes. The farther out, the longer the delay. The delay with the ISS depends. When they're in line of sight with Houston, there's no delay. But for a large part of their orbit they're relaying, either through satellites or through various ground stations. That adds up to a very slight delay based on how the signal is routed. It's not a significant delay though.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The timings are questionable for the technology at the time.

No they aren't.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

With Mars the delay is anywhere from 4 minutes to 24 minutes

Yes, with 2018 technology

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The confusion seems to be because Houston immediately replies to Armstrong. Which makes sense, since we are hearing what Houston hears when Houston hears it and we hear what Houston says when Houston says it. I guess Houston should have waited a second and a half before responding?

Just a tiny bit of thought provides the answer to this. I linked a video for those who are thought impaired.

edit on 12/20/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Now now Phage. It's a fair question....this is a conspiracy site after all?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Because... it wasn't possible and it was as FAKE as men trying to be women

It was all propaganda

If we dont have the technology now they didnt then

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The technology doesn't matter. It would have been the same with 1960s technology. It's the physics behind communications at that distance. Radio transmissions move at the same speed in 2018 as they did in 1969.
edit on 12/20/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DustybudzZ

We have the technology to build a rocket and lander for a short stay on the moon, such as Apollo. We don't have the technology for a long term stay.
edit on 12/20/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join