It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial Times Names Soros Person Of The Year For Defending Democracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

From the link:

The Financial Times named billionaire financier George Soros person of the year Wednesday for being a “standard bearer for liberal democracy” and an opponent of Europe’s growing populist movement.

How said is it when populism -- basically the idea that government should work for "we the people" and the best interests and greater good of "we the people" -- is a bad thing...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Stop with the Q-bits of cryptic nonsense and put up for a second, will ya?
I'll simply assume that you're just another oligarchs cretin until you do.

IN The Philosophy of History, Hegel discerned a disturbing historical pattern -- the crack and fall of civilizations owing to a morbid intensification of their own first principles. Although I have made a fortune in the financial markets, I now fear that the untrammeled intensification of laissez-faire capitalism and the spread of market values into all areas of life is endangering our open and democratic society. The main enemy of the open society, I believe, is no longer the communist but the capitalist threat.

The Capialist Threat - G. Soros

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Just as bad as putting the Boston bomber on the rolling stone cover.

Freaking backwards times we are in.

The u.s. could have been a utopia without all the backwards bleeding heart liberal ideas.

Looking back you can see why there were periods of history that shown great invention and growth.

Those were times when people ignored the losers of the word and instead of wasting money and time on losers. They kept things elite.

America could be a utopia with free health care, but they decide to take the other road.

Waste time and money importing losers that will.only make the country go backwards

Bravo libs

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The bar just keeps getting more pitiful...no matter.

Why isn't this being shared by MSM like Barack Nobel Peace prize?

You get what you give.
edit on 21-12-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

What's with the vap-girl?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Just as bad as putting the Boston bomber on the rolling stone cover.

Freaking backwards times we are in.

The u.s. could have been a utopia without all the backwards bleeding heart liberal ideas.

Looking back you can see why there were periods of history that shown great invention and growth.

Those were times when people ignored the losers of the word and instead of wasting money and time on losers. They kept things elite.

America could be a utopia with free health care, but they decide to take the other road.

Waste time and money importing losers that will.only make the country go backwards

Bravo libs

And to think they could of been cherished and revered like Gods if they had led to the path of Star Trek. Masses of people serving their every whim without even asking for retribution...even willing to die for them without second thought.

If only they had listened to Jesus.
edit on 21-12-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Stop with the Q-bits of cryptic nonsense and put up for a second, will ya?
I'll simply assume that you're just another oligarchs cretin until you do.

IN The Philosophy of History, Hegel discerned a disturbing historical pattern -- the crack and fall of civilizations owing to a morbid intensification of their own first principles. Although I have made a fortune in the financial markets, I now fear that the untrammeled intensification of laissez-faire capitalism and the spread of market values into all areas of life is endangering our open and democratic society. The main enemy of the open society, I believe, is no longer the communist but the capitalist threat.

The Capialist Threat - G. Soros

That "oligarchs cretin" label is way kool !!!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Yeah, how ironic that every "left-wing authoritarian" has made similar claims about "fighting for the people." But hey, it is people like you who still see tyrants and monsters like Che Guevara as "someone who fought for the people..."

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

But... but... but... Trumps fight for the people is actually legit, at least according to the Q ... errr... 'leaks'. Right? Right? ... Right?

However. Screw the tiresome legwork, throw the usual globalism label like globules at the alleged leftwing billionaire and you're good. This is the internetz, and this is how it works.

Rrrriiighttt?

Happy New Year, my dear propaganda poster stands from the old century! You're on a roll with all those crocodile tears, I'll give you that.

<< 1   >>

join