It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets Jim Mattis Retiring end of February

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

military generals - absolutely!

why don't you?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

why don't you?

They're soldiers who were hired to do a job.

Once their job is done or the boss wants you gone, you go.

This isn't rocket surgery.

You want to get emotional? Watch "Dances With Wolves". I always cry when they shoot the wolf.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

yet, you elected trump.

As opposed to what?

Clinton, Rubio, Cruz, Bush?

I told. You I'm 29.
So I've had 3 cycles to vote in.

Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Trump.

Ron is the only candidate I have given my most support to. Trump was a gamble and I'm still not thrilled/regretful.

Bush (Cheney) ramped up unneeded war and Obama kept the trend alive.

Per the threads subject, I'm glad we're getting a break in the trend after decades, I'll welcome it.

Sorry it's rubbing you the wrong way.

edit on 20-12-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

holy edit.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Mattis is just being Reassigned . He will go into Incognito Mode Until the Trials are Over .

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

holy edit.

Mmhmm 😜

I don't do well with mobile. I got a new phone this week and have had a few glasses of whisky.

I hit a few speed bumps with that post.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

it's a damn shame Ivanka (whom i'm assuming would fall under your definition of being spoiled) didn't get her spa in Moscow.. damn shame.

and, trump didn't get that $4 million up front.. hate it for him.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: gortex

Mattis is just being Reassigned . He will go into Incognito Mode Until the Trials are Over .

aww.. this is sweet.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

With the announcement about withdrawal form Syria and FINALLY another draw down wanted in Afghanistan you have to expect the MIC to start squealing like a stuck pig!

I honestly do not care if all the mid-east factions kill each other allowing for one supreme leader to emerge .. It narrows down the target area if it should come to another mid-east war..

One of my disappointments with Trump is he has not gotten our servicemen out of the many Sh!t holes we have been stuck in since 9/11.. 17 years and 2400 troops dead.. How many others will live the rest of their lives with wounds from Afghanistan and guarding the poppy fields ?

The U.S. officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said thousands of the 14,000 troops could be sent home as a result of the deliberations, the disclosure of which could undermine peace efforts with the Taliban.

Trump privately has been grousing about U.S. military involvement in Afghanistan, telling an ally as recently as Wednesday words to the effect of, "What are we doing there. We’ve been there all these years."

The source, who asked to remain unidentified, said it appeared the president "has lost all patience" with the U.S. military presence in Afghanistan.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I don't like how he's enabling the set up for a dynasty.

I don't feel bad for Ivanka, nor has she demonstrated earning a single thing much less having a shoe into politics without a vote.

But that's a tanget.

On topic, you were trying to convince me Syria is worth while.

Ears are wide open.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

If Trump pulled us out of Afghanistan I would cry.

I lost good friends out there. The 17th of December was the anniversary of Arrowsmith 35:

This kid was the only one to survive. He got a purple heart his aircrew wings, PTSD, and a broken marriage. A broken life.

Here's a relevant post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have since lost 11 more soldiers.

I was injured in Afghanistan in a hard landing during a mission.

I haven't slept a good night because for my entire deployment I was constantly under indirect fire and when I flew I was constantly shot at.

I can't imagine why we're still there. All argument to the contrary are made by men who shouldn't make policy or people who are simply ignorant.
edit on 20 12 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I didn't serve and all of my friends who have came home.

I am anti war purely because of how wasteful it is with life and money... Obviously life being supremely more important.

Couldn't imagine if I had bonds with those over there that were lost. I'd be livid.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

how do you feel about trump firing military generals via tweet?

Sorry, but this didn't happen.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

why don't you?

You want to get emotional? Watch "Dances With Wolves". I always cry when they shoot the wolf.

no. every single fire was via tweet, he's weak. period.

i trust mathis WAY more than i trust president bone spurs. lol

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

my bad, I thought y 'all were patriots.

I think we've established that you don't actually care for the responses you're getting.

Please troll elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

why don't you?

no. every single fire was via tweet, he's weak. period.

i trust mathis WAY more than i trust president bone spurs. lol

Coming from the same people who tried to shame Trump for Sessions.

That dinasour amongst men.

As long as it's convenient.

I'll play different angles in the same thread, I've demonstrated such....

So back on topic, I believe you were selling us on Syria.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

regarding Syria i believe as mathis does -

One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships. While the US remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies. Like you, I have said from the beginning that the armed forces of the United States should not be the policeman of the world. Instead, we must use all tools of American power to provide for the common defense, including providing effective leadership to our alliances. NATO's 29 democracies demonstrated that strength in their commitment to fighting alongside us following the 9-11 attack on America. The Defeat-ISIS coalition of 74 nations is further proof.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: 727Sky

If Trump pulled us out of Afghanistan I would cry.

I lost good friends out there. The 17th of December was the anniversary of Arrowsmith 35:

Here's a relevant post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have since lost 11 more soldiers.

My first knee-jerk response was how do you think the Vietnam guys felt the day Saigon fell.. 56,000 killed and no telling how many disfigured from that war. All soldiers lose friends in combat..it is war... best thing is to stay to hell out of it unless absolutely necessary and if necessary go in a roll the damn hills up to make a level killing ground. Go in, do your business and get to heck out...let the enemy cry for their losses not us.

17 years in Afghanistan is stupid.. I might have come across as a little stern so forgive me.. You being wounded and the loss of your friends could have been stopped many years ago IMO and I am not one to cut and run.. Just one if forced to fight a war then do it and not pussyfoot around with political appointed commanders.

If you look at history the Mongols invaded and conquered Afghan, Iraq, Persia, etc etc and they did it on horse back !! So much for technology, no ?
youtu.be...

There is no glory in war only death and survival... Those who survive are considered lucky even though they carry the burden of war memories for the rest of their lives...

I absolutely hate war and the killing of our brave and best... let the enemy die for their beliefs... our job as soldiers is to help them die or to change their minds.. youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Personally I don't think American foreign policy should be drafted by generals.

So Syria represents a large national security issue to the US per your responses? I'm trying not to assume and welcoming you to clarify that stance.

If you do, just try and do so away from natural gas or the IMF.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Up an leaving ISIS to strengthen and rebuild just means the war will rage on and we will be called back to fight again another day.

Trump is just kicking the can down the road for someone else to deal with. Maybe Russia will finish the job that is a possibility.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join