It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets Jim Mattis Retiring end of February

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Looks like things are about to get much more interesting.

Right on schedule!

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Pretty much all of them. You have to admit, the guy sure knows how to hire.

Only the best people

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
If he doesn't like the Syria move...

Good riddance ya war monger.

Did you really think a marine general with the nickname 'mad dog' wouldn't be a warhawk?

With Mattis gone, that leaves no adults left in the White House to control Trump. Next year is going to be f**kin' insane.

War hawk and adult in the room in the same post.

Try again.

Honestly, I'm not a Trump fan, my posting history will prove that.

But I'll take no new wars or ending dumb ones.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Butbutbut. . . Orange Man Bad!

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Uhhhh, it was a protest on the Syrian move you.

Every single leftist immediately knee jerked without understanding the context.

In this case, WAR.

I thought all of you all were agaisnt WAR? because a man was rebuffed and resigned as a result, ya'll just want to hate on Trump as a result, lmfao, says alot of the mental capacities displayed here.

Let's do this in crayons,

Mattis wanted troops to stay in Syria., Trump wanted them
OUT

...??

Oh, but Orange Man bad, mmmm!!!!

We didn't finish the job. We didn't put an end to ISIS. Their leader is still alive and out of our reach. You know ISIS, that organization which Republicans screamed Obama underestimated? When they rebuild and kill American citizens will you still celebrate this move?

Not only that but we give Russia and Iran influence we don't want them to have. But all that is fine.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Mattis isn't wrong here, President Trump does have the right to a Sec. of Defense who's views more closely align with the ideals he was elected upon. I respect Mattis, but I find his positions to run far too close to the globalist's "use America as the workhorse and bank of the world" nonsense rather than the strong, sovereign USA ideology President Trump wants to move forward with. Tom Cotton will make a fine, much more in-line with the President, Secretary of Defense.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Butbutbut. . . Orange Man Bad!

It's not often that I think Trump opposition is just absolutely morally bankrupt for the sole purpose of bitching....

But peace in North Korea and this just proves they have lost touch with their platform or ideology.

Aren't they supposed to champion peace and be anti war? I rarely vote for either parry, but the fact they've been just as war hungry means they won't get my swing vote any time soon. Bunch of hypocrites, whether it comes to being anti corporate (anti government helping out corporations) or anti war, the only difference I see with them recently is they want their guy even if he's a wolf in sheep's clothing.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
We didn't finish the job. We didn't put an end to ISIS. Their leader is still alive and out of our reach. You know ISIS, that organization which Republicans screamed Obama underestimated?

No, we screamed (accurately) that ISIS had been armed and abetted by the US, including by Obama and John McCain. It's amazing how quickly they were driven back into their caves when their US sugardaddies left office and no longer had the abillity to filter arms and money to them, isn't it?

This is Syria's fight now, not the United States' fight.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm not really into prognosticating too deeply but we may be forced out of Afghanistan.

The President said yesterday ISIS was "totally defeated" and that was the basis for troop withdrawal from Syria. Today he said that the remaining foreign forces (Russia, Iran & Syria) are "not happy" because now they have to fight ISIS without us.

The man is about as dependable as a wet sheet of toilet paper.

Between the Mueller investigation likely coming to an end, the Dems taking control of the house, Russian provocation in Eastern Europe and the Middle East, and a falling stock market next year is really, really going to be crazy.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

We didn't finish the job. We didn't put an end to ISIS. Their leader is still alive and out of our reach.
a reply to: BlackJackal

Then what? New brand, new leader, welcome to the middle east.

Not only that but we give Russia and Iran influence we don't want them to have. But all that is fine.

Two countries with a combined gdp less than California.

Woopdie F##_ING do.

Maybe Biden will win next and bring people the war they've grown (brainwashed) to love.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Uhhhh, it was a protest on the Syrian move you.

Every single leftist immediately knee jerked without understanding the context.

In this case, WAR.

I thought all of you all were agaisnt WAR? because a man was rebuffed and resigned as a result, ya'll just want to hate on Trump as a result, lmfao, says alot of the mental capacities displayed here.

Let's do this in crayons,

Mattis wanted troops to stay in Syria., Trump wanted them
OUT

...??

Oh, but Orange Man bad, mmmm!!!!

Sorry, but maybe the left remembers the bull crap that came out of Iraq when we pulled out with out a plan?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Let the Middle East fight wars between factions in the Middle East.

We should have never gotten involved in a civil war anyway.

And we've spent too many years perpetuating war instead of winning in Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I've served. And I am sick and tired of war. We aren't even fighting to win, we're fighting to spend money on contactors and the war machine.

Time to make some plowshares.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Given the timing, it must be Mattis doesn't want Trump to pull out of Syria. If that's the case, then goodbye. We never had any right to involve ourselves in Syria, we aren't wanted there, and our continued presence is counter-productive to establishing long-term stability there.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I've served. And I am sick and tired of war. We aren't even fighting to win, we're fighting to spend money on contactors and the war machine.

Time to make some plowshares.

Good on you man.

6 trillion post 911. Let's say we spent 1 trillion in a response instead of unrelated endeavors...

We could have tax cuts, infrastructure attention, health care reform, education reform.

All of it. What do we have now people? What did you get from Syria those who oppose this?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

we aren't wanted there

Don't think the Kurd's are opposed but if you don't mind throwing them under the bus....

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
At the end of the day if liberals and the liberal media are criticizing the pullout from Syria, you can rest assured it was exactly the right thing to do.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
how many people has trump fired via tweet?

that alone shows his total and absolute lack of character.

he's a puss and anyone defending him at this point is too.

bring integrity back, ffs.

edit on 20-12-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

we aren't wanted there

Don't think the Kurd's are opposed but if you don't mind throwing them under the bus....

Not the first or the last.

Not like we were getting them Kurdistan. They knew we'd pull out and them, we always do. Not to say it is the right thing or ethical, but we shouldn't have been there in the first place.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It was the wars that helped pull us out of the recession. Government was spending money like a frat boy at a tittie bar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join