It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumpaphobia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

I have a hard time agreeing with any statement that begins with “Trump wants...”, not only because it implies you know his desires and instincts without evidence, but also because he has never acted in such a manner.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Very well put.

I believe we are in a sort of mass hysteria. There is a phobia at work here, and it isn’t evoked by Trump’s words or action, but on the reporting of his words or actions and the suppression and censorship of any contrary evidence.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

But we do not live with the president. We do not interact with him. More often than not we are informed about Trump through a variety of middle-men, who just so happens to be the very same people who promised us the end of the world.

Perhaps you have forgotten that we have his, almost incessant, tweets?

Words, straight from the horse’s....

thumbs, as it were.

No “middlemen”, no media “spin” to cast a dubious glare over intent or meaning; his words, his hands, his ballywick.

How often have his inane tweets been made fodder for unintended comedic rifts?

How often has the basis of those rifts been the glaringly obvious contradictions of previous ill-considered tweeting?

And, when coupled with his apparent lack of ability to discharge the duties of the office, to say nothing of his obvious inability to even comprehend the gravity of those duties, as established by more than 200 years of practice and refinement, it behooves our sanity (and perhaps, our survival) to be rid of this fool at the earliest possible moment.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Perhaps you have forgotten that we have his, almost incessant, tweets?

Words, straight from the horse’s....

thumbs, as it were.

No “middlemen”, no media “spin” to cast a dubious glare over intent or meaning; his words, his hands, his ballywick.

How often have his inane tweets been made fodder for unintended comedic rifts?

And exactly which President has not made similar statements?

Barrack Obama claimed there were 57 states (yes, he was talking about territories and states combined, but that's not what he said).

George W. Bush claimed there was no French word for "entrepreneur" (which was in essence correct, but made for some laughs anyway).

Bill Clinton shared the details of his underwear.

George H.W. Bush - "It's no exaggeration to say the undecideds could go one way or another."

The biggest difference I see is what you just pointed out. Every President before Trump operated behind closed doors. What we saw was what we were allowed to see, through press statements and news conferences. In contrast, President Trump tells us, every day, what's on his mind. I call that "transparency," and consider it a good thing. Of course, when we get such transparency, it also means we get to see the bad with the good.

And, when coupled with his apparent lack of ability to discharge the duties of the office, to say nothing of his obvious inability to even comprehend the gravity of those duties, as established by more than 200 years of practice and refinement, it behooves our sanity (and perhaps, our survival) to be rid of this fool at the earliest possible moment.

There is the disconnect the OP and I were speaking of. "His apparent lack of ability" and "obvious inability to even comprehend the gravity of those duties" are nothing more than partisan opinions and have no place in a factual debate. The fact that you include these as part of your supporting evidence shows a major disconnect with reality. And I'm really not picking on you; the whole point of the OP is that whatever is causing these disconnects is affecting a large number of people simultaneously.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

We all know you righties are dying on the sword with the whole "57 states" thing by Obama. And it's pretty obvious that there weren't a plethora of Obama misspeaks comparatively because this one gets trotted out every time. Trump gives us some new insanity every single day, as you say in a weird way where you also defend it. It's hard to even toss out a catchy idiotic Trump line because there is a daily buffet of them. Trumps lie count alone (not misspeaks, lies) should be some sort of tip off. But nah, the taste of the Trump run-off us just sooooo sweet. Must. Lap. It. Up. Every day.

The transparency of Trump smells like narcissistic attention hungry buffoonery and base baiting. Little else.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You’re being entertained and played.
Most of the politicians on the left and the right are part of the same team.

"They" owners of Federal Reserve System take new Presidents into a dark,smoky back room somewhere and show them a short film.
It’s an angle of the JFK assignation that no one has access to except them.

After the film is over, they simply ask: "any questions"

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

We all know you righties are dying on the sword with the whole "57 states" thing by Obama. And it's pretty obvious that there weren't a plethora of Obama misspeaks comparatively because this one gets trotted out every time.

Really? I haven't heard it repeated much since a few months after he said it. Me, I knew what he meant, but it was fun getting a chuckle out of it... for a little while.

Did you notice the two statements I posted by the Bushes? Or did you just focus on that one?

Trump gives us some new insanity every single day, as you say in a weird way where you also defend it. It's hard to even toss out a catchy idiotic Trump line because there is a daily buffet of them.

I think I admitted to that?

Trumps lie count alone (not misspeaks, lies) should be some sort of tip off. But nah, the taste of the Trump run-off us just sooooo sweet. Must. Lap. It. Up. Every day.

And here, ladies and gentlemen, is more evidence that a certain segment of the population is literally obsessed with their hatred of all things surrounding President Trump just as proposed in the OP. Notice the assumptions used to begin the argument (I am not a blanket supporter; my opinions vary with every issue), but in order to create the argument there must be an initial assumption of such. Once that initial false assumption is stated, the next step is to compare President Trump to President Obama, without regard to my post except to cherry-pick individual statements to falsely indicate overall lack of truth.

I pause here to mention that, had I been focusing on "lies" instead of "gaffs," I would certainly have not used the "57 states" argument. It wasn't a lie; it was a gaff. No, instead I would have went straight for the "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" line, which was indeed a lie by any standard.

Then we see the obligatory allegations of lies, of course phrased to indicate this falsehood as though it were common knowledge and universally accepted. That then segways into more false allegations against Trump supporters, again using the same wording to falsely indicate a universal truth which does not exist.

And finally, we have the conclusion:

The transparency of Trump smells like narcissistic attention hungry buffoonery and base baiting. Little else.
which cleverly uses the premise of the post replied to (transparency in this instance) to hurl insults at an entire segment of the population without offering additional evidence/logical reasoning nor proposing any solution.

An entire post of nothing but spurious allegations segwayed together and misrepresented in order to draw a conclusion intended to simply insult. Impressive... well, as an argument in favor of the OP, anyway.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
originally posted by: Bhadhidar

One of the psychologists I quoted in the OP made this remark:

From Trump's detractors, LaMotte has been struck by how much their anxieties resemble those of patients raised by a parent with a personality disorder — someone who would display traits like "grandiosity, excessive attention-seeking and severe lack of empathy."

"Whether it's conscious or not, I think we look to the president of the United States as a psychological parent," she said.

This seems to me quite true.

One of the duties of the president is chief of state, which in short is the public persona representing the entire country on the world stage. In that sense the duty of the president is not unlike that of a king.

This is fine, I suppose, but really a public persona is no more than the culmination of public relations and propaganda, more often than not a charade, differentiating between public and private views, and so on.

Trump's utter disregard for the formality and theater of politics is his greatest asset, because we need to break our addiction to the delusion that a president is our psychological parent, like a king. We need our leaders to work, not to engage in public relations. Trump's twitter use offers us an unprecedented glimpse into the mind of our elected leader.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

That is an extremely interesting perspective. Thinking back, one thing that I think everyone has to give Obama is that he was always polished and suave, even to the point of appearing aloof at many times. In contrast, Trump is arrogant, egotistical, and somewhat unpolished. We may be seeing the equivalent of an 'orphaned' segment of the population, especially considering the amount of financial aid that was available under Obama. To a younger generation, just entering the real world during his term, I can see where he would become a surrogate father, the provider that took over after coming of age removed the actual father from the role of provider.

If we follow that train of thought to its logical conclusion, then what we are seeing is in reality little different than what a child sees when the father leaves and a new step-father shows up in his stead. Whereas these supporters used to have a father who was generous to them and didn't place too many expectations on them, this new step-father seems much less generous and much more demanding.

In a reply to me above, I had mentioned gaffs made by four previous Presidents, but the only one mentioned was the reference to Obama's gaff. It was taken on what seemed to me to be a personal level, as though I had actually attacked the poster instead of a previous President. That surprised me a little, because I was unable to understand the extreme anger at one mention... but now it makes sense.

If one considers the anti-Trump, pro-Obama section of the population as a child abandoned by the father, and the pro-Trump segment as the child of the step-father who entered his life, it makes perfect sense that there would be great anger and jealousy, as well as attempts to destroy the step-father by any means possible. It is classic human behavior. To those like me who support Trump, however, the analogy does not present itself well, because I simply do not see the President (or any part of the government for that matter) as a parent. My parents are dead now, and I have no need for new ones. I actually see the government, any government, as an annoyance that is to be exploited and avoided as possible and practical. I actually look at the President more as an employee than a parental figure.

Thus the disconnect. While Trump supporters look at his actions and the benefits both to themselves and the country, Trump detractors look upon him as an intruder who has replaced their 'true' role model... a very crude replacement who lacks the finery and grace they have come to expect and who expects them to act like an adult rather than a doting child.

By George Washongton's wooden teeth, I do believe you both proved and defined TDS!

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

So, if Mueller's investigation shows Trump was in bed with Russia, will you admit that you were wrong?
edit on 21-12-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This whole ant-Trump phenomena really is amazing to watch. The Zeal and hatred with which every piece of ant-Trump msm propaganda is swallowed and regurgitated ad-nauseum by people whom if you had asked five years ago if they believed ANYTHING from the mainstream press the answer would have been a resounding NO!!!!!
It really does Force one to admire the expertise of the mind controllers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join