It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Theory of Consciousness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

I'd say evolution & devolution are the same thing from different perspectives. Adapt is the key word, not "dominate" that's just a strategy. The objective is surviving in as big numbers as possible. In as many spots as possible.
Some living things do that in symbiosis, others as parasites.
If we discover the whole universe is one bigger organism, made of things we just can perceive by abstraction.
Look at it, search it through "contact experience", observe yourself. And look at fe: the urge to have chocolate.
Who wants it? A part of your consciousness but which one? Why are there so many tiny things, like how you move in certain situations observe why you do what and when. Be your own lab rat.
You'll see all of it has a bodypart connected, often the gut. Which makes sense there live the most living things.
What if that's what spiritual people are talking to when they talk to god? Or what talks back if you have schizophrenia.

Is the world we live in developing towards a determined goal? That's a great question but really not one I feel comfortable talking or thinking about at the moment. Different topic.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I think you're thinking too big. Quarks, atoms, electrons etc. they all carry consciousness. But if you only have a bunch of electrons they "melt" into a wave. Try the double slit in gas without directly looking at it, I bet the result is they make particles.
Why? And why does that speak for my theory?
It's just atoms and electrons interacting we know that but I'm thinking it's true in the whole "class" of things. If photons and electrons meet, real magic happens.
Why are they consciousness? What is life?
Alive is what reacts to its environment. As another example the sun, even though on a different scale made a long time ago the decision to rotate at a certain frequency. In reaction to its environment.
Everything is alive. From small to big everything alive carries consciousness.
Try it. Play with it in your mind a bit. It works.

What is having states? Quarks know many different states. A gas knows different states. The electrons too (wave and particles).
Is that difference in attributes showing they are inherently different, or are they in different states because they react to their environment differently, or is the environment different. So my answer would be: that depends I guess.

I believe your last question is answered through that as well?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Maybe the beginning of the erruption of the universe was the thought "holy # what's that?" and bamm! more and more matter came into being.
Why not?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Yes true. Now think about the implications.

If you value your life you better run.
youtu.be...
edit on 21-12-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Peeple

Maybe the universe exists, because it observes itself?

Clearly the universe can observe itself only because it first existed in such an arrangement to make observations possible.

Continuous co-creation of all moments in time could explain it. We have to step outside of this universe where we perceive time as linear. This video does a great job at explaining this concept and others. Not just invented, but derived from mathematics.

@Peeple: If you are not familiar with Emergence Theory I highly recommend this video. It is well along the lines of your OP.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

Thank you I don't know the vid, but emergence theory, the one that says two connected parts get new functions if they work together.
I was able to follow math up to functions, now I like them. Haha.
How outdated is that? Science is like art, some clique decides what's in and you're out. You need the right product at the right time at the right place. Therefore it's better to be "ahead of the curve"(? is that how you say it?) and start a name brand something. I'm behind my time in maths.
By choice. The majority is.

But a function has the great advantage to be flexible. Subject verb object. Like that. You can fill it and re-arange it but it stays coherent.

The other emergence theory I tried to read also, the quantum one, I honestly didn't understand a word.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

I was just being facetious with Peeple to challenge her.

Nothing major.

I'm depressed I don't care anymore.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Lets hear it for Peeple, i was reading for awhile whats the word lurking" and my therapist not the rapist dont get them confused , anyway my therapist is a psychopath. She uses social media while i am on the couch and it drives me insane, till this one time i got up and smashed her laptop . More meds misses Henderson, she called the cops , but then they let me go. Today i joined because i am not going back to therapy. She would make me write reports on my outsider information because i dont trust the mainstream media and i would tell her about this site. I just joined today.

Peeple is very well educated and i enjoy reading his work. Jeez mustve been lurking for years. Conciosness and the observer, i should have made a quote . Dark energy being conciousness or the unknown you were saying. You know you need conciousness to observe, i mean all the rest of the living things on this planet either have instincts or plants. I dont know what i was trying to say , mods feel free to delete.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RedRobbin

Don't be so shy. ATS is a discussion forum. Fill it with life. We're all just improvising.

Follow your instinct a little bit, just around the corner to see what if. Plants talk to eachother all the time there are great books out there about their communication.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
From my favorite Nobel Prize [Quantum Mechanics] physicist of the 20th Century Max Planck
- These two quotes sum it up:

“I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.”
― Max Planck

“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change”
― Max Planck

Of course other theories of consciousness [such a the OPs] are still interesting - But Planck's is my favorite.
I like the idea of postulating consciousness as the bottom line of all that exists.
- How could you perceive, define, or be aware of any form of existence without consciousness - Without consciousness how could
you say anything at all exists?
The very ofd theory of Panpsychism, saying everything is conscious is gaining some scientist followers.

edit on 22-12-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Great quotes, thank you! I never heard them before.
Something to think about.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

I think, therefore I am. And on the quantum level, thinking collapses the wave function that is me....

That doesn't sound like a nice thing to have happen : (

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Maybe the universe exists, because it observes itself? The wave collapses with an observer.
Proof. Bamm!

Consciousness is a function, not an object. Our bodies are generators. We are made of living ... things. Microbes etc, from all of them a little bit consciousness emerges, gets generated by them.
It's also energy. Electricity is not "all things that make a spark". The tip of the iceberg.
Consciousness is the dark energy in the universe. The big unknown.
It's only logical, because otherwise it wouldn't exist: the wave only collapses with an observer.
It needs one. Or the electron stays in an undefined state.
Bamm!

Thank you for granting me an audience with peeple, your famous, i been lurking for years but a lot more seriously the last 6 months. Checking up on responses of you and others, your very intelligent. Forgive me for saying this sounds like a scientific proof or a philosophil one. Reading this i thought of the movie inception, one idea can change it all. Also been studying religion and having issues with my faith. When i first found your thread i was screwed up in the head obsessing with things.

I sorta read to much into it , and then smartypants comment locked it. It destroys me or something, i was thinking with an observer is reality only what we observe and comprehend? I mean everything thats real to one person might not be to another person ie. religion. So i was thinking about that and inception the special effects. Whats real to an aetheist might not be real to a christian.

I was in therapy used to be born again with group and have disaccoiative thinking. I am sorry to just barge into your thread like this.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Humans are a select group of species given the ability to interpret the information of the universe. With that interpretation the consciousness is observed by the observer. The "HUMAN" brain is a relay to the universe. The universe can only be capable of observing with the brain, the brain can only work with the universe. We live in a system of "complex" "matrixes". In theory if you take the human brain out of the body of a human and hook it up to a fake human body simulator the brain will indeed work fine. You are a observer of reality the universe is playing itself back to you sorta like a "movie". Hence they believe when the universe started it created a parallel universe that parallel universe may indeed be your dreams? I don't believe humans are autonomous i believe they are "semi autonomous" the reason humans are a select group, because they can override there pre progamed divined will.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join