It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me something about yourself no one would believe

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tattooedlunchlady
a reply to: JAGStorm

Sounds like a fun job!

It was the most sucky job you could imagine. Due to the nature of that store, it catered to the very wealthy.
People that could afford to cover a chair with 10K worth of fabric kind of people. Let's just say they were above average difficult to work with. Odd thing is I loved my boss the owner & the materials, but the actual job itself no.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well, I probably shouldn't tell this here, but...I'm really a up-scale gigolo.

%% "Just a gigolo
Everywhere I go
People know the part
I'm playing

Paid for every dance
Selling each romance
Ooh what they saying

But there will come a day
Youth will pass away
Then what will they say
About me

When the end comes I know
They'll say just a gigolo
As life goes on
Without me

..." %%

Well, maybe not "up scale" so much, but my wife and my dogs like me.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I remember numerous past lives.

I've LONG given up on arguing about this with people who are super-glued to an oppionion that is is impossible. I also could not possibly be less interested in "proving" this. Or debating it. Imagine you told someone about your childhood and they immediately got all defensive and insisted "there is no such thing as childhood". That conversation gets very uninteresting very quickly.

But, yeah, I remember loads and loads of stuff from other incarnations. Enough that I have a coherent picture of each of those incarnations that I remember.

And if you're all super-okay with that, how about this: Some of those memories are plainly NOT from planet earth! Or, if they are its either a way WAY future Earth with intense space technology or a wierd alternate Earth with very different social structures and norms etc. All of my incarnations seem quite human, though.

And if you're STILL fine with that... I also remember numerous experirnces and interactions in the space that I can only describe as "between lives". Those memories are very odd as things just don't work like they do when you are in a physical form and on a planet.

Interstingly, as a result of my own memeries and experiences, I am firmly of the oppinion that most of the emotional and psychological issues that people struggle with actually source from past-life trauma. And that it us possible to heal that and, consequntly find deep healing of the psyche... and consequently find deep peace. I really believe you can fundamentally change this life by healing your deep, firgotten past.

I also find it impossible to fear death (since I know I have survived it many times before).

I also find the things that stress most others out to be.... not such a big deal. When you remember many lifetimes of often tumultuous events, it recontextualizes the issues of the present world in a way that simply makes you less likely to stress.

So there ya go OP. Something that few would believe.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bootifool

I also have an imagination!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
Once won a swimming competition, featuring tens of millions of competitors.

I'm sure there's a Your Mum joke here somewhere....

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I've been in over a hundred wrecks. On purpose. Most of them were in speeds over 70mph, and a good chunk more were around 120mph. I've wrecked cars, bikes, boats, hang gliders, and almost wrecked a plane once. Well, it was more of a controlled skid to stop. I ran out of fuel, and the wheels didn't come out all the way.

After my time in the military, I went and did some private security in various locations around the world. Got tired of that, and came back to the states to do security. I did some high profile type security for celebrities and politicians, but got tired of that. Any one who has done security for Kid Rock I'm sorry lol. That guy definitely knows how to start trouble. A lot of the celebrity types knew they could start fights, and we would have to be the ones to deal with it.

After that I did more lowkey security. Mostly making sure the wife and kids were safe when the husband was away kind of stuff. That was my favorite. The wives and kids usually treated me like a cool uncle or something. It wasn't bad. Had to turn down a few wives, because that's wrong. Kids usually trusted me in their shenanigans which was okay for the most part. It was usually normal mischief, but I would have to follow them from a distance and keep an eye on them. Seen a lot of young heartbreak that doesn't make me miss the dating scene at all.

Now, I'm just taking a break from everything. Probably go back to school and live a normal life. I'm only 28. I'd like to settle down and have my own family, but if anyone has seen any kind of action movie that's when you know everything from the past comes to bite you in the ass and someone just has to go and screw it up by kidnapping the family or killing the family pet.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I was born at 4:20 am

hweheheheh

I was born hung by my own umbilical chord and I was born with a mongolian spot to white parents !

apart from that , thats about it

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RealityIsAbsurd

Im sure you will be fine , no one will come to your house and kill your dog and kidnap your family , life isnt an action movie !

life is already full of risks and danger so why worry about someone coming to kidnap your family or kill your dog, when a solar flare , or asteroid could smack into earth wiping us all out tomorrow !

its too short to not take risks !

So settle down have a family , just remain vigilant hahaha

aww the best!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bootifool

So like me you believe that consciousness is immortal and the bodies we inhabit are temporary ?

I can believe in reincarnation and I believe that soul retrieval works on people and helps heal their pain body !

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Ahhh,Metallica...I loved that band when I was younger.
I did go to one of their concerts back in 1994.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If you watch much TV or go to the movies...chances are you have seen me. I'm the older guy with long hair and a beard. livin the dream since 2005.

Union Proud.

www.sagaftra.org...
edit on 21-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I've been struck by lightning .... twice, but have never won the lottery!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

When I was 12 years old my step mom told me to put a new pallet under an engine in my dad's storage shop.
I laid down a new pallet picked up v8 engine about 6 inches off the ground and carried it to new pallet.
Step mom asked how in the blank you do th as t. I told her I picked it up by hand

She liked giving me chores she figured could not be done to have an excuse to hit me she was a former marine drill seargent.
Also when I was 12 the school math teacher thought it would be cool to let us take a state test thast all the high school kids had to take just for kicks I scored in the top .005 percent of the state's high school students I got 90 of the questions right the next highest score in my county only got 50 questions right.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
In my college years, I could dunk a basketball on a regulation 10 foot goal. I'm 5'8" and white.

Dude, no way!
We were all schooled back in the 90's that White Men Can't Jump!
Guess they forgot about Fosbury.

ganjoa

I ran track in college and lived in a dorm filled mostly with athletes. Some of the black basketball and football players would refer to me as white chocolate.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I found myself involved in a murder investigation that resulted in one of my better friends being wrongly convicted of a murder that he most certainly couldn't have committed--he was with my girlfriend and I along with 2 other people 30 miles away watching movies when the murder occurred. He was also caught on video in 2 different gas stations and had a receipt for dinner which was also purchased during the time frame that the Prosecutor claimed he was busy murdering his wife.

Fast forward 2 years after his arrest and they finally tried him (of course he was in jail that whole time with a million dollar cash only bond) and summarily convicted him in one of the most corrupt trials that I've ever read about (the entire first trial transcripts are available online). My friends and I were referred to as co-conspirators in the murder even though none of us were ever indicted because we lived in a different county that would have required evidence to arrest us on. That started me down the path of advocate for my wrongly convicted friend...and myself along with a handful of others built an army of supporters that eventually helped to see him free from his conviction and acquitted of the murder...after serving almost 4 years incarcerated. The story has been covered by Dateline with 4 different episodes now, 2 of them being 2 hour specials.

Even today I still advocate for my friends murdered wife. It's widely known who committed the murder, but the first investigating body messed things up so much that it is unknown if she will ever get justice.

But we won't stop trying.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: shr3ds

I wrote a similar post about people being wrongly convicted and people jumped down my throat.

It is happening way more than people realize.

Thanks for sharing, and I totally believe you!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I wrote a similar post about people being wrongly convicted and people jumped down my throat.

It is happening way more than people realize.

Thanks for sharing, and I totally believe you!

I've contemplated telling the whole story in these forums in the past as I am likely the most knowledgeable about this case aside from my friends defense attorneys. I spent years going over all the available evidence, became his most public advocate, went on TV/radio any chance that I could and even got a number of anonymous pieces of mail sent to me. Some with information that helped to get my friend finally released from his hell.

I never wanted to be an advocate for anything, but I cannot walk away from it now. Too many people's lives have been affected by the murderer that killed my friends wife. The person that most believe committed the murder looks to have gone on to murder 2 more people before a different municipality finally got wise to her. The alleged murderess Pam Hupp is finally due to be tried early next year. Just like my friends trials though, it looks like it will be a circus. At least it looks like they have her 'dead to rights' this time...she murdered her last victim while on the phone with the police in a bungled attempt to frame my friend YET AGAIN!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You should totally start an OP. I think a lot of people would be interested.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I could of been a contender.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs.

And in college, I used to be a model to make extra money.

OMG -!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I had to log in just to reply to this post- thx you I needed that today *still wiping my eyes*

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join