It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Smile

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
a reply to: RussianTroll

Guess my pal got pretty lucky. I will look into this more. I find it interesting. Now you will admit that the rate of execution and rape was pretty bad when Russian infantry came upon German civilians as well as soldiers surrendering right?

I mean I totally understand the hatred Russians would have for Germans by that point, but don't say it wasn't so.

Of course, I understand how barbaric Russian troops raped millions of German women and insidiously attacked the peaceful Germans, who tolerated 27 million Russians and destroyed tens of thousands of Russian cities to the ground.
Here are just where to put official reports on the supply of the American occupying army on the monthly supply of troops with 50 million condoms. So who raped German women?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Interesting post. Those that know me comment on the fact that I smile all the time, even when I am angry.

Of course the message is in my eyes, which they claim speaks volumes. My family and friends say that my eyes speak much louder than my words that often they don't even have to talk to me, they know just by looking in my eyes.

It is not something that I actually have control of at times. What I am thinking can most often be read in my face. Children seem to be particularly sensitive. Many a child has stopped their tantrums, and have run to a caregiver crying, while stating tearfully, "That woman is smiling at me! "

I am American. I smile all the time. It just doesn't mean the same thing all the time.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

This is the world-famous monument to the Soviet Soldier-Liberator in Treptof Park in Berlin.

The history of the creation of the monument is associated with the names of Sergeant Nikolai Masalov and Private Guard Ivan Odarchenko from Tambov. The first one accomplished the capture of Berlin with the famous feat, and the second served as a prototype for the figure of the liberator warrior.

The event, which formed the basis of the monument’s composition, took place on April 30, 1945, during the storming of the capital of the Nazi Reich: Soviet sergeant Nikolai Masalov, risking his life, saved a German girl from death by bullets and shells.

This is what Marshal Chuikov wrote about this in his memoirs:

... An hour before the start of the artillery preparation for taking Tempelhof airfield, the denominator of the 220th Guards Rifle Regiment of the 79th Guards Rifle Division Sergeant Nikolai Masalov brought the Regiment's Banner to the Landwehr Channel [...] There were about fifty minutes left to attack the Guardsmen. There was silence, as before a storm - anxious, tense. And suddenly in this silence, broken only by the crack of fire, there was a child crying. As if from somewhere out of the ground, the voice of a child sounded dully and invitingly [...] “It seems to be on that side of the channel,” said Masalov to his comrades. He approached the commander: "Allow me to save the child, I know where he is."
It was dangerous to crawl to the Brokeback Bridge. The square in front of him was shot through by machine-gun and automatic cannon fire, not to mention mines and land mines hidden under the ground. Sergeant Masalov crawled forward, clinging to the asphalt, sometimes hiding in shallow funnels from shells and mines. [...] And here he heard the child again. He called his mother plaintively, persistently, as if Masalov was hurrying. Guardsman rose to his full height - tall, mighty. Battle orders glittered on their chests. [...] Masalov spread over the barrier of the channel ... A few more minutes passed. For a moment, the enemy machine guns fell silent. Holding their breath, the guardsmen waited for the child's voice, but it was quiet. They waited five, ten minutes ... Has Masalov really risked in vain? [...] Several guardsmen, without saying a word, prepared for a throw. And at that time everyone heard Masalov’s voice: “Attention! I'm with a baby. Cover me with fire. Machine gun on the right, on the balcony of the house with columns. Shut his throat on him! ”The artillery preparation began. Thousands of shells and mines, as it were, covered the exit of the Soviet soldier from the death zone with a three-year-old German girl in her arms. Her mother probably tried to escape from Tiergarten, but the SS men began shooting at her back. Saving her daughter, she took refuge under the bridge and died there. Having handed over the girl to the nurses, Sergeant Masalov again stood at the Regiment's Banner, ready to roll forward ...

Today, the history of the distortors of history tolerantly call this monument “A Soviet soldier takes a German girl hostage”. That is the reality.
Do not be such people.
edit on 20-12-2018 by RussianTroll because: коррекция

edit on 20-12-2018 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Aw man, you really are the Russian Troll!

Hey, in war all sorts of heroics happen along with all kind of terrible things. I personally have never met a German whose biggest fear isn't that some day Russia will invade them. I have read enough about the Soviet Union to know that it definitely wasn't all icecream and cake. Hell, Stalin probably killed more of your own countrymen and women than Germany did. Is that not true either?

I really do admire Russian culture and history, but I despise communism. And the main reason is that I have never met a communist that doesn't lie just for the sake of lying. Or destroy just for the sake of destroying. It is a black art and nothing else. And it should always and forever be roundly condemned.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Are you male or female? just curious.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Female. I am sure it does make a big difference. We appear less threatening and after the thinking about it, I remembered that mother was a woman of few words, and very soft spoken. The softer her voice the more dangerous she became.

Probably an inherited trait. 😊

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I agree - war is a terrible thing, anything can happen in a war. But do not distort the story.
About Stalin. In the Soviet camps, 600 thousand people were shot by the court for 25 years of Stalin’s rule. Many died from disease. I can cite complete statistics if our conversation reaches this level. During this period, there were far more prisoners and executed in the United States. This picture is observed now.
Stalin was cruel. But his discredit does not come from the Russians and the Orthodox, who have suffered greatly from communism. It comes from people of a certain nationality, whose ancestors were the communist international elite in the Russian revolution, and whom Stalin began to mercilessly destroy. Because it was they who destroyed any state. How globalists are now.
Do not listen to propaganda, but use archives, documents and historical facts.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

I agree - war is a terrible thing, anything can happen in a war. But do not distort the story.
About Stalin. In the Soviet camps, 600 thousand people were shot by the court for 25 years of Stalin’s rule. Many died from disease. I can cite complete statistics if our conversation reaches this level. During this period, there were far more prisoners and executed in the United States. This picture is observed now.
Stalin was cruel. But his discredit does not come from the Russians and the Orthodox, who have suffered greatly from communism. It comes from people of a certain nationality, whose ancestors were the communist international elite in the Russian revolution, and whom Stalin began to mercilessly destroy. Because it was they who destroyed any state. How globalists are now.

Interesting, so in your view the horrors of Stalin were actually him getting rid of the "globalist" within the Soviet Union? Isn't the goal of the Soviet to be global?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Female. I am sure it does make a big difference. We appear less threatening and after the thinking about it, I remembered that mother was a woman of few words, and very soft spoken. The softer her voice the more dangerous she became.

Probably an inherited trait. 😊

Yeah, my wife smiles all the time as well. Usually I find it beautiful, other times annoying and inappropriate. Mainly because it just seems to me that mundane or simple conversations do not require a smile and I wonder why she is smiling for no reason at all.

And don't get me wrong, it isn't just her, it is many many women in the USA that smile alot for no reason.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Interesting, so in your view the horrors of Stalin were actually him getting rid of the "globalist" within the Soviet Union? Isn't the goal of the Soviet to be global?

Of course. The international communist elite (for example, Trotsky), which Stalin expelled from Russia after 1927, first became the basis of the professorship of the Goethe University of Frankfurt, and then emigrated to America, where it became an American professorship. In particular - Columbia University. They became the teachers of Obama, Clinton and all your democrats. America is experiencing what Russia experienced 100 years ago.

Have you heard of the concept of permanent revolution? Stalin did away with her. Now this concept is a weapon of globalists.
edit on 20-12-2018 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

And don't get me wrong, it isn't just her, it is many many women in the USA that smile alot for no reason.

Maybe she has a reason for her smile, that you haven't tuned into.

Some smiles are a response or a reaction to an event that puts you in a situation where saying what you really think would be way more inappropriate than a smile that seems out of place.

I agree that it is very common among women. But some men have been known to use a disturbing, or daring smile to get their point across.

A smile that says, "Make my day". 😎
edit on 20-12-2018 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Damn I hate trying to post from a cell phone.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Of course. The international communist elite (for example, Trotsky), which Stalin expelled from Russia after 1927, first became the basis of the professorship of the Goethe University of Frankfurt, and then emigrated to America, where it became an American professorship. In particular - Columbia University. They became the teachers of Obama, Clinton and all your democrats. America is experiencing what Russia experienced 100 years ago.

Have you heard of the concept of permanent revolution? Stalin did away with her. Now this concept is a weapon of globalists.

What do you think of the Frankfurt school? I know they are Germans, but in Stalin's eyes would they have been executed? And speaking of that, why were there so many Germans in Moscow anyway? Did Germany send them there first?
edit on 20-12-2018 by Fools because: .

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

What do you think of the Frankfurt school? I know they are Germans, but in Stalin's eyes would they have been executed?

Oh, it's a long conversation, about the Frankfurt chicks. I did a historical study on this topic, of course, in Russian. Yes, there were Germans there. But the basis is the international elites of Middle Eastern nationality.
Did you hear about mishling, did you read the book by Brian Rigg "The Jewish soldiers of Hitler"? This explains a lot.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I do have to admit I find you saying Frankfurt chicks funny as all get out. Thanks for the laugh. I read a very in depth book on the Frankfurt school about 6 years ago I think. THe name of the book is "The Devil's Pleasure Palace: The Cult of Critical Theory and the Subversion of the West" by Michael Walsh.

I will need to retrieve it from someone to refresh my memory. It would be interesting to compare notes with the Russian version of things compared to the American version.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm not a naturally 'smiley' person and that has caused no amount of misunderstandings with me and others over the years. I've been accused of being angry, unpleasant, of glaring for no reason, etc., when my actual mood was far from any of those things as it could get.

I do know that my face is far too expressive though and it gets me in trouble at work a lot. I tend to make faces when I'm thinking or considering how to tackle a problem and I've lost track of the times someone asked me if I was upset because of it. I don't even realize my expression has changed, which is unfortunate. Customers often think I'm irritated or upset when I'm neither. I'm just focused on a task. I've been that way since forever and I get really tired of saying "No, I'm NOT mad at you or anyone. Seriously."

We're actually required to smile at work, no matter how utterly fake it looks and no matter how nasty the customers are being to you in that moment. I'd rather see a neutral look on a person than a patently fake smile that doesn't reach the eyes.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Thanks for the book. I will definitely find it and read it.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
I'm not a naturally 'smiley' person and that has caused no amount of misunderstandings with me and others over the years. I've been accused of being angry, unpleasant, of glaring for no reason, etc., when my actual mood was far from any of those things as it could get.

I do know that my face is far too expressive though and it gets me in trouble at work a lot. I tend to make faces when I'm thinking or considering how to tackle a problem and I've lost track of the times someone asked me if I was upset because of it. I don't even realize my expression has changed, which is unfortunate. Customers often think I'm irritated or upset when I'm neither. I'm just focused on a task. I've been that way since forever and I get really tired of saying "No, I'm NOT mad at you or anyone. Seriously."

We're actually required to smile at work, no matter how utterly fake it looks and no matter how nasty the customers are being to you in that moment. I'd rather see a neutral look on a person than a patently fake smile that doesn't reach the eyes.

I hear you, everyone thinks I am a crabby person. I am not sure if it's my facial expressions or not, but that is what alot of people think of me until they get to know me.

I also say dumb things quite frequently, such as, "I don't care". To me that means its fine whatever you want to do go ahead, that's fine. But to alot of people that means that they can go F off. I really need to stop saying that. I am old enough to know better. :-)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join