It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazons sweatshop firing on all cylinders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've worked, on several occasions, 14-19 hour days for up to 10 weeks in a row no days off not one.

Sissies!

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Try telling a slave that they are just like Amazon workers.

Pathetic comparison

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

no it's not, slaves were given just enough to survive on and worked for 16 hours a day

what's pathetic is those of you who take the side of sweatshop owners and fight against people wanting better working conditions. you are pathetic

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I've worked, on several occasions, 14-19 hour days for up to 10 weeks in a row no days off not one.

Sissies!

I did it for a couple of years. (2-3 jobs at a time) I remember working from 6am to midnight or 1 many many times.
You know I don't have, any other memories of that time, I was so busy working, I didn't really have time to live.
Sometimes I think I wasted a lot of my youth on working too much.... If I knew then what I know now...

True it builds character, but there is more to life than working yourself to death.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

exactly. the broken and diseased mentality of Americans, all they think life is about is working

that's life to them and they think everyone should feel that way. they have a mental disease, we have a broken culture

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Sounds like you have an opinion.
Join the crowd.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

no it's not, slaves were given just enough to survive on and worked for 16 hours a day

what's pathetic is those of you who take the side of sweatshop owners and fight against people wanting better working conditions. you are pathetic

By all means, please go take your own money or other investors and start your own business. You can call your company Nile and do everything that Amazon is doing, except you can pay your employees $30/hr and only have them work 15 hours a week or whatever it is you think is necessary.

Stop talking and start doing if you think you can do it better or Amazon is just being greedy. If that is the case, then you should have an easy time exploiting all those excess profits while still paying greater than market rates.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Amazon is greedy. Since the inception of the industrial age humans have been working harder than they have ever in history

Silly people.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

a reply to: JAGStorm

exactly. the broken and diseased mentality of Americans, all they think life is about is working

that's life to them and they think everyone should feel that way. they have a mental disease, we have a broken culture

You are correct in that life isn't about working, but sometimes you do have to work no matter how much you rather be doing other sh*t. You have to put food on the table. Sometimes it means you will be working very long hours with little pay. Heck, ask any entrepreneur / business owner what it is like when you first start a business. Most will tell you it is hell. You work for little to no pay, praying you can at least break even. Hopefully, the business takes off and it does lead to riches, but more often than not it just leads to long hours and headaches with relatively low pay if you are lucky.

Some jobs just suck no matter what. Digging ditches is digging ditches. Ain't nothing going to change that.

Smart people know you sometimes have to make sacrifices in the short term in order to kickback and take it easy in the long term. Some very driven people never let up though.

Every worker in an Amazon warehouse isn't stuck there for life. For many it is a part time job to earn extra money. For some it is maybe all they can do. For others it might just be a stepping stone to more opportunities.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So what

Stop defending Amazon and trying to talk people out of fighting for better working conditions you look ridiculous
edit on 20-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

So what

Stop defending Amazon and trying to talk people out of fighting for better working conditions you look ridiculous

Better conditions would be automation and better workers and more pay would be the people that take care of it

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Yes that is the 48hr opt out agreement. But there are still limits. Maybe they are just boarder line legal.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Sorry but as someone desperate for work and constantly being knocked back for some poor reason I don't feel for them. I mean they could leave, the contract isn't a lifetime membership they can walk away they can give notice and quit oh and they can refuse to do over time it cannot be forced (as far as I'm aware) they're not doing this for free. Yes it must be a horrible job being forced to work the way we've seen Amazon has been reported as doing but again they can leave.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
a reply to: wmd_2008

Yes that is the 48hr opt out agreement. But there are still limits. Maybe they are just boarder line legal.

This is for the UK.

All working hours, including overtime, are governed by the Working Time Regulations. These state that a worker: must not work more than 48 hours per week on average, though a worker may choose to "opt out" must be allowed at one day off each week or two days off in a fortnight.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
We really need to pass a law to prevent Amazon from abducting these people and forcing them to work for them at gunpoint.

What's that? They're there of their own accord, and continue to stay there even though they are aware of the "horrible" conditions? Nevermind...

As someone who has worked 3 minimum wage jobs at the same time which averaged 80 hours a week, forgive me if I don't have much sympathy. I bettered myself and worked my way up to a better position in life. So can the Amazon employees.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It’s an absolute shame people here accept this modern slavery!

Oh, the money is good and all that crap

We as a so-called civilization are going backward.

When I worked at GM we use to talk about getting a 4 day work week and maybe 35 hours. We expected the American culture to go forward, and that was years ago.

Now this 60 70 80 hours a week, because of the scheme by the elite TO ENSLAVE you, has become fair-seeming and all right to you.

It’s a disgrace and a shame and an indication the human race is going backward SAVE THE RICH and elite who are waking all over you

WAKE UP

edit on 20-12-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon
Sounds like a lot of whining.

You want to see a zombie state of being?

Work for 96 days straight, 12 hours a day in the middle of winter with temps between -10 and -40.

On a drilling rig. Outside. Staying in camp with a 35 minute drive each way.

THAT'S tired and exhausted. What these people are whining about I could do for months on end.

Kind of reminds me to fishing where people work 16 20 per day for weeks until the end of the fishing season.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

they aren't very intelligent

theire thought's end at, "I'm tough, I'm a really tough guy and I can work 800 hours a week and your a pussy quit whining"

that's really what we are dealing with
edit on 20-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
As I am certain its been mentioned...

10 hour days 6 days a week... LOL...don't join the military cupcake, 12 hours on the flight line 30-40 mins to get to work then another 30-40 to get to the tents, then you still have to SSS, eat, and workout.

so now your at 14 or so hours not to mention the 12 hours in the heat, or cold, or rain... oh and you don't get OT.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Snowflake alert!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join