It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gatwick Airport: Drone sightings cause delays

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

in daylight?
more obfusification.
look at the kit on the last photo on the bbc article
www.bbc.com...
see how that piece of e.w. kit is in desert colours.
bet its an elbit demo.
elbitsystems.com...
www.timesofisrael.com...
and another £10,000 has been put up by the charity's chairman Lord Ashcroft to catch the culprits responsible for the drama.
en.wikipedia.org...
whats the bet some of his business holdings are connected?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
You are linking Military type of drones..

The original post was about hobbyist drones..

Which it turns out to be not hobbyist drones after all..

where we go from there? who knows.

But I hear ya, and YES! Daytime in crappy weather...

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

www.militaryaerospace.com...
www.bing.com... HaFA&mediaurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.militaryaerospace.com%2fcontent%2fdam%2fmae%2fonline-articles%2f2014%2f06%2fElbit%252026%2520June%25202014.jpg&exph=385 &expw=570&q=elbit&simid=608046056247920671&selectedIndex=592
www.bing.com... HaFj&mediaurl=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-cdtgO4PZWhg%2FVDyGoRoaJXI%2FAAAAAAAAKYg%2FJqvlrzy4_DQ%2Fs1600%2FDSCN8387.JPG&exph=1200&expw=1600&q=elb it&simid=608051940336600839&selectedindex=491&vt=0

three links sorry 'bout the stray text.
i think what they use in the bbc article linked before is a long-range observation, target acquisition, and laser designation system.
www.bbc.com...
in desert colours.
to spot a drone that was/wasnt there.
so now uk buys more elbit for civvy application (control and suppress)
coincidentally elbit also makes drones and all assoc' systems. (see above links.)
Lord ashcroft feels so bad for all the proles being inconvenienced he offers £10000 out of his own pocket to find something that isnt there.
en.wikipedia.org...
think some of his connections lie in the defence sec biz?
anyone else smell a rat?
edit on 26-12-2018 by username74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: username74

lol. check this out.
"Boris Johnson has mocked David Cameron by insisting that photographs held by Lord Ashcroft of a “riotous” night in Israel surround events which are “entirely kosher”.

Johnson, the Conservative MP and London mayor, recalled how he ended up dancing on tables and “generally misbehaving” in his last visit to Tel Aviv and added that he was unsure if any animals were involved.

He noted that the billionaire peer Ashcroft, co-author of a controversial biography of the prime minister, approached him recently and in his “most terrifying whisper” revealed he had photos of the occasion.

The biography, entitled Call Me Dave, written by Ashcroft with journalist Isabel Oakeshott, contains a series of embarrassing claims about Cameron’s student days, including one allegation that he took part in a ritual at Oxford university involving a dead pig’s head and “a private part of his anatomy”. This has since been dismissed as nonsense by sources close to the prime minister."
www.theguardian.com...

ashcrofts a spook.
the british blackmailing kind.
who offers £10000 to catch badduns.
rofl

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Thats correct.
The DJI Mavic

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: username74
a reply to: Assemble

so you joined onto this site a few days ago.
probably you were lurking before so you know the score.
don't lose heart in little people.
humans are belief based creatures. perception is reality for us.
but our perceptions are shaped by what we believe.
what we are told and what we think we see.
life is a dream essentially, but this is key because hope lives within the dream.
hope that things will improve, for you, for your kids.
do not believe what others tell you. confirm, if you can.
hope this journey doesn't blackpill you too hard,
make no mistake there is a war for your mind.
human psychology is all thats left to strip mine in this world.
choose wisely.

Hey,

Not really, I've known about the site for a while, but I've never been interested in registering. It may that I registered a long time ago, and possibly made 1, or perhaps 2 posts, like, not many, but if I did, it would have been a while ago.

I joined because I wanted to find out a bit more about the Gatwick situation. I'd always thought the people on here were more intelligent and reasonable than most other forums, so I wanted to see what the 'hacks' so to speak would come up with.

life is a dream essentially, but this is key because hope lives within the dream.

Well that sounds very Eastern religion. I don't buy that life is a dream. To those who say it is, I say try not paying the bills for a while, then you'll realize things really are real

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

"Well that sounds very Eastern religion. I don't buy that life is a dream"
oh sorry. not in a spiritual context.
just a straightforward statement on human psychology.
in that, hope lives within perception of reality, which may or may not reflect reality.
which is what you perceive it to be at the time.

this blogspot i linked to earlier has a few perspectives
aanirfan.blogspot.com...
and the comment section of this article
www.zerohedge.com...
e dit on 26-12-2018 by username74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Well if you mean people hope for stuff, then yeah, I don't have a problem with that

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

exactly. its the mechanism of destiny.
its a comparison between perceived now and perceived future.
so hope dictates the action of the individual in light of the perceived reality.
p.s. edited links into last post for ya.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I’m not 100% sure.
It was a UK article that was the first one a clicked the day of all the shananigans.
It showed a drone hovering in the air what seemed to be almost directly above the person taking the photo.
It was grainy and dark, so I know it wasn’t some stock image.
There were a couple snaps of it.
I recognized it right away as the DJI Mavic.
I’m trying to find the article to post it here.

Edit: the image is Here

edit on 26-12-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Notice the elongated body of it?
Now look at a DJI Mavic and you will see the resemblance.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

i see what youre saying,
i found these.
nehandaradio.com...
thats your link, a zimbabwean newspaper.
www.ebay.com...
the light kits on ebay
theworldnews.net...
and this daytime photo.
theworldnews.net...

got to say that first photo looks like the police chopper large rotor at the top.
but maybe not theres an extra green light on top left (as you look) but could be reflection.
(and it still doesnt quite match the drone lights either, i suppose its customisable but are there not 2 reds and a green built in to the basic model? not two greens
my other problem is all the close ups are out of frame/context.
could be a drone anywhere.
i still reckon the event is stage managed.
too much linkage in backstory and key actors like Ashcroft.
i would have gone for those ebay rotor l.e.d.s to buzz an airport, way cooler. lol.
so if you are correct they should be nicking someone cos if its the top model its over £1000 in uk from appleshop.
illegal to buy anything from shops using cash for over £1000.
card transaction details. warranty. i-phone.
should be relatively easy to find unless it was sent whole sale from tel aviv, lol
we shall see
full uk range
www.hobbymounts.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

No, all quads have 2 green (approach from) and 2 red (orientation)
The other images I’m seeing when I google it, are of a DJI flame Wheel drone.
Flame wheels are the body model, then you add everything else to customize it for your needs. GPS, stabilizer board, etc..

Odd that the flame wheel is coming up now

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

No, all quads have 2 green (approach from) and 2 red (orientation)
The other images I’m seeing when I google it, are of a DJI flame Wheel drone.
Flame wheels are the body model, then you add everything else to customize it for your needs. GPS, stabilizer board, etc..

Odd that the flame wheel is coming up now

I think I remember reading that the authorities stated that the drone had been 'modified', from this, should we conclude that it will be unlikely to positively ID it from any known commercially available drone?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

"I think I remember reading that the authorities stated that the drone had been 'modified', from this, should we conclude that it will be unlikely to positively ID it from any known commercially available drone?"

i think you can probably conclude they are full of #.
cressida dick (yes thats her real name) the Commissar of the Metropolitan Police Service .

i will under line to read between the lines .(so much wrong in the higher echelons of our state)

"The authorities faced a "difficult challenge" in working out what had happened and there would have to be much closer working between [the police,] the private sector and the military to ensure there was no repeat.
"I have talked to colleagues around the world. This is not an easy problem and we are doing our very best.
"I think the whole country and certainly the government will have watched what's gone on and said we need to up our game here."

other pearls from the article-
-During a conference call between ministers, chaired by Transport Secretary Chris Grayling, it was agreed the 67 drone sightings were legitimate.
But over the weekend, a senior police officer said it was a "possibility" there had never been a drone.
-The airport has spent £5m since Wednesday onnew equipment and technology to prevent copycat attacks.
-During the conference call, it is understood the Cabinet Office "pushed" the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office to update their rapid deployment protocol.
-They also discusseddefence systems across the UK's airports, after discussions were had with all airport CEOs on Friday.
-£10,000 has been put up by the charity's chairman Lord Ashcroft to catch the culprits responsible for the drama

and what did i tellya....".It is believed that the Israeli-developed Drone Dome system, which can jam communications between the drone and its operator, was used."

and this sounds like a trick because i think this is untrue (in mil tech)...."However, experts have said it does not enable the person responsible to be tracked down and captured"

all in all looks like ministry of truth is editing the bbc these days.
so..... looks like they are either setting up a sting for the religion of peace (may have been a probing attack)
or its a nice cozy false flag to sell arms for airports
or a nice cozy flag to continue with their fusion of police, mil and corporate here on airstrip 1 ready for next years fun and games.
i think they are trying to accelerate the fusion doctrine behind the facade of and because of brexit.
the drone control would seem to be a global movement also.
dick-""I have talked to colleagues around the world."
unless theres met police around the world....
www.bbc.com...

sources
www.bbc.com...
www.bbc.com...
www.ukcolumn.org...
www.ukcolumn.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Do you think there really was a drone?

If it's a conspiracy, what was really there, and who, and/or how many do you think is in on it?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: username74

in daylight?
more obfusification.
look at the kit on the last photo on the bbc article
www.bbc.com...
see how that piece of e.w. kit is in desert colours.

It comes off the production line like that. Also consider that the system was already deployed by UK forces in the likes of Syria to counter ISIS drones. Why would the UK need to change the colour scheme when it was purchased primarily for overseas deployed forces operating in the likes of the middle east? No doubt also deployed at RAF Akrotiri,Cyprus?

These systems will be used to protect sensitive facilities and sites, on which British armed forces are deployed, from airborne drones. The British Army is the first customer for this new and advanced Drone Dome system.

Link
edit on 27/12/2018 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
In the end there was NO drone at all....ooops!

It was determined to be the lights from a nearby crane...

Gotta blame those drones now......

www.google.com... d=chrome&ie=UTF-8

No that was later sightings after the airport was re-opened. The report was checked out as a matter of routine. The tower crane was six miles away from the airport.

Think about it? Police receive report from member of the pubic and they are under obligation to check it out. Nothing remarkable and this was after the airport was re-opened.

"The Surrey Police officers were called to investigate a red light "hovering" over a bus station in Redhill But when they arrived, they found the mysterious beam was just a warning light on top of a crane. The force posted on the Reigate and Banstead Beat Facebook page: "Just been tasked to attend Redhill town [centre] to a reported 'drone sighting'. "Described as a red light hovering over the bus station, not moving and not making any noise."Due to recent events at Gatwick we popped down to investigate further ... "

The Sun News Link

edit on 27/12/2018 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

"Do you think there really was a drone?"
initially at least. yeah.
they said they found a damaged one.
but this means nothing.
stage managed rather than faked.
and i doubt any lower ranks are in on it, though it sounds like there was some initial dissent from Tingley.

"A government source said the force accepted that there had been "poor communications".
Det Ch Supt Jason Tingley had cast doubt over possible drone sightings as police had not been able to acquire any footage"

"If it's a conspiracy, what was really there, and who, and/or how many do you think is in on it?

depends which option.
see my last post at the end.
i have allowed it was genuine in the case of islamic terror probing on the grounds that the govt. regards half the population as potential terrorists, yet no mention of this possibilty because its not pol correct and yet this is just something someone did for a laugh for like 36 hours straight.
and also this www.rt.com...

looks like that blogsite has updated info, now. check it
aanirfan.blogspot.com...
edit on 27-12-2018 by username74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I don't buy the conspiracy thing. First of all it's not in people's nature to keep secrets. Maybe a small collusion of people can, but the more that people get involved - and we have airport workers, police officers, private contractors, military, politicians, it's too many people for a complex secret to be maintained.

2nd of all, it's a lot of work for £5 million dollars.

I'm still in the position of it being a UFO. Until more info comes forward - and it looks like they're wont be, UFO it will likely remain.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join