It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2020 GOP Nominees/Hopefuls already dropping out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This is a good one and thank god. He is a tool. John Kasich has said, in his most intelligent statement to date, that there is no way he could beat Trump in a primary for the GOP nomination.

Link

Outgoing Ohio Governor and Never Trumper John Kasich conceded on Wednesday that he will not be able to defeat President Donald Trump in a 2020 Republican presidential primary. “I don’t get into things that I don’t think I can win,” Kasich reportedly told the Columbus Metropolitan Club luncheon, according to cleveland.com. “And I think right now, today, inside the Republican Party, I can’t beat him [Trump] in a primary.”

Kasich, whom Trump defeated in 2016 and who never endorsed Trump’s presidential candidacy, has been making trips to New Hampshire and getting booked on Sunday morning news shows to embrace the chattering class’s speculation about a potential primary challenge.

Anyone, honestly anyone who will try to take the GOP nomination will be crushed. 4 years to learn the landscape and you think he will not come out harder than before?

Great news. Thin out that herd now. My only thought is will Pence be there again in 2020. Thoughts?

edit on Decpm31pmf0000002018-12-19T23:03:54-06:001154 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

. “I don’t get into things that I don’t think I can win,” Kasich reportedly told the Columbus Metropolitan Club luncheon, according to cleveland.com.

So I guess he thought he could beat Trump last time.

Kasich, whom Trump defeated in 2016 and who never endorsed Trump’s presidential candidacy

That is the worst type of loser.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I hope a lot of them do, to give actual Conservatives a chance to get into the Republican party.

You know, make the party Conservative again, instead of the same old Progressive RINOs that have been in forever.

Now if only the Democratic party will purge itself as well and get some Liberals in, then America may stand a fighting chance.

S&F....

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Praise be the savior.

The false prophets haven't gained enough strength.

Looks like we won't see the anti christ for 4-8 more years.

All hail the flying spaghetti monster. Ramen.
edit on 19-12-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

He has been a very outspoken dingus since having his ass handed to him in the primaries. Too bad I would have like to see him make a fool of himself again.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ramen and Allah CandyBar!

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I hope a lot of them do, to give actual Conservatives a chance to get into the Republican party.

You know, make the party Conservative again, instead of the same old Progressive RINOs that have been in forever.

Now if only the Democratic party will purge itself as well and get some Liberals in, then America may stand a fighting chance.

S&F....

Authoritarian NeoCons and Authoritative Progressive NeoComs will be the end of us all.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Any Democrat or Republican or Independent who thinks he can beat President Trump will have to demonstrate that he/she can do better than...

THIS!: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Any Democrat or Republican or Independent who thinks he can beat President Trump will have to demonstrate that he/she can do better than...

THIS!: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Eh, the parties and the people have shown what happens to good candidates. At least most of the time.

Edit: Kasich is a wet blanket and no one is sad about this one.
edit on 19-12-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
... but his father was a mailman ...

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
... but his father was a mailman ...

All the more reason not to trust him.
I've known a few mailmen and their kids were all walking catastrophes.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Trump should remain the Republican candidate in 2020, so that the Republicans lose.

As Ann Coulter said, Donald Trump might be the last Republican president ever elected.

Once can only hope...
edit on 20/12/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
the smarter ticket, is getting on Trumps Team in a high capacity.... and actually performing..

Trump will smash the 2020 election.. if Democrats thought it was bad in 2016, boy you got another thing coming!

Who ever is Trumps long serving, loyal and goal achieving sidekick for the final 4 years will be Trumps preferred candidate that he pushes, promotes and backs in the primaries!

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: C0bzz
Trump should remain the Republican candidate in 2020, so that the Republicans lose.

As Ann Coulter said, Donald Trump might be the last Republican president ever elected.

Once can only hope...

Well TPTB have taken many steps toward that goal. The Fed refused to increase the interest rate through all of the Obama years in order to prevent a downward turn to the economy and as soon as Trump was elected they went all in. Everybody knew this was fishy, but now it's Trump who is to blame. Should the Fed be a political tool or should they do their actual f@$king job without political influence?

They should have started this years ago, but it would have made the messiah look bad. They wouldn't dare messing with the artificial economic boom during the Obama presidency.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Isnt is sad that an incumbent would have to face a primary?
Dude there shouldn't be ANY !!! LOL dropping out....if he had his party support he wouldnt have to worry about any primary.
Wouldnt it be great if at the end of his first term he is a lame duck?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah the midterms really showed us that LOL!

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Isnt is sad that an incumbent would have to face a primary?

It was normal for them to do so prior to Clinton.
www.cbsnews.com...

I see nothing wrong with it, if anything it will merely cement support behind President Trump and give him additional momentum going up against whatever goober comes out of the dysfunctional mess known as the Democratic Primary.

new topics

top topics

join