It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An update on funding for the Wall

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Aye smart thinking mate but rope ladders and all that jazz, or simply even rope. LoL

I'm still mystified that Muppets think the wall will retard determined people, to be honest.

Like i said 2d solution to 3d problem.
edit on 20-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I applaud anyone who feels strongly enough about something that they want to put their own skin in the game. However, I do not believe that gifts to the US government can be earmarked. Meaning that the US governement can do whatever they want with that money and will most likely not put it toward a border wall.

LINK

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Aye smart thinking mate but rope ladders and all that jazz, or simply even rope. LoL

I'm still mystified that Muppets think the wall will retard determined people, to be honest.

Like i said 2d solution to 3d problem.

when you come at it from a 1d perspective, I can see the issue. Wall, with surveillance, motion sensors. This isn't your great Grandma's wall. Some of it fence, some concrete, and some steel. You might want to check into this a bit so you understand the content.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

I applaud anyone who feels strongly enough about something that they want to put their own skin in the game. However, I do not believe that gifts to the US government can be earmarked. Meaning that the US governement can do whatever they want with that money and will most likely not put it toward a border wall.

LINK
Fear mongering.

The issue is strong enough so that it would be constantly tracked and updated to ensure said funds will reach its original goal.

Too high profile.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

As of yet, it's is not any wall really, technologically superior or otherwise.

Your problem is all those deterrents are designed by people, thus can and will be circumvented by people. Its what we do you see, that being adapt and overcome.

Cost your nation an arm and a leg, you would be as well just paying the poor souls not to come.
edit on 20-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Think earmarks

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Really? Congress has been flirting with a single digit approval rating for years and yet incumbents are still more likely to get reelected.

You really think the unelected people in the DoT care about public opinion?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

However, I do not believe that gifts to the US government can be earmarked.

The only thing I want for Christmas is reading comprehension on ATS.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Trump does not need congress for the wall.

National defense is national defense and what is 5 billion in reference to almost 1 trillion in defense.

Trump is a genius.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

However, I do not believe that gifts to the US government can be earmarked.

The only thing I want for Christmas is reading comprehension on ATS.

Bad news for you. Think Executive Order. Besides President Trump can spend 5 billon just like past Presidents have without congressional approval. No howling allowed now.

Funding history
edit on 20-12-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Not that it matters, an anti-Trumper like you can't even grasp the inner thought process of our POTUS, you simply don't possess the capacity to do so. Sit down and take a break old man 😌 you're looking a little lost.

If I couldn't get this kind of response from the cult...I probably wouldn't even log on. Triggered much?

Do you honestly think I don't know the reaction "raw story" will get?
edit on 20-12-2018 by olaru12 because: brenda, check it out...

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

If an EO requires funding then it Congress has to appropriate that funding.

Now, Trump could potentially find the money necessary in the method outlined in the article you posted. At the same time though it would alienate him even more from his party to the point he'll be lucky if he gets anything he wants passed.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

If an EO requires funding then it Congress has to appropriate that funding.

Now, Trump could potentially find the money necessary in the method outlined in the article you posted. At the same time though it would alienate him even more from his party to the point he'll be lucky if he gets anything he wants passed.

Like he could be more alienated than he is now? That would not stop him for 2 seconds.

So you believe Obama got 150 billion for Iran after getting congressional approval? I don’t think so.

Just face facts the President is very powerful and he can do much more than you care to believe.

Go fund about to pass 8 million.
edit on 20-12-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: CharlesT
$2,008,403 of $1.0B goal
Raised by 34,247 people in 3 days

$2,259,214 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 38,317 people in 3 days

$2,290,516 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 38,827 people in 3 days

$30000 dollars in 11 minutes. Not to bad.

$2,333,280 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 39,492 people in 3 days

$3,946,733 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 64,274 people in 3 days

Almost 2 mill since I went to bed.

$8,576,387 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 141,117 people in 3 days

Wow. I wonder how long this will keep going. The donations are coming in faster every day.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Impressive!

Have leftist groups began fundraisers to provide ladders for illegals to climb the wall yet?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

That's pretty much the same rate that the board game I'm currently backing on Kickstarter is going.

If the idea of the Wall can't raise more money than a niche hobby isn't that pretty indicative that it's not supported by the majority? Either that or maybe it means that Trump should start demanding Congress allocate billions of dollars to board games.

It's donation base is growing faster every day.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Funny that this came about right around the time that Trumps foundation was forced to shut down. It’s almost like some con man needed a new piggy bank.

You might be right. Or wrong.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

We don't how many gave how much.

Could just be a few rich people throwing in thousands of dollars each.

I want this to work.

But if it does it will not be an accurate measure of what the country wants.

No it tells you everyone that donated, and how much.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

As people/voters are now willing to happily pay more than required, I hope to not read threads soon from the same Americans if their taxes rise for other things, also using these sort of Gofund or kickstarters its almost socialiaism, with people willing to ensure safety to all and pay for others to benefit, seems almost at odds to what most Reps generally think

Strange times, why raise taxes and lose votes people will happily throw money they are not required at the government for FREE

I have never paid into any of these schemes

Maybe. But donations are different than taxes. One is forced upon you. The other is not.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Fun fact, while the United States can accept donation, it all has to go to Treasury, and can't be earmarked for any one specific purpose.

The government has accepted large private donations before, most recently a billionaire donated $7.5 Million to fund half of the Washington Monument repairs in 2012; this is no different.

That seems to be earmarked. Whats the difference?

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join