It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An update on funding for the Wall

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

looks like this is the only way the wall will be built. trump just caved in....

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

www.rawstory.com...

I actually wonder if this will reach it's goal? It has raised almost 2 million in 8 hours.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

www.rawstory.com...

I actually wonder if this will reach it's goal? It has raised almost 2 million in 8 hours.

The effort has hit the MSM... I think a lot of money will be raised but will it ever be used for building a wall or sucked off for administrative charges and put into the executives of the programs pockets.

Doin business the American way...

Sorry to be so cynical but I've worked for the GOP for the last few election cycles an I have a good idea of how these things work.
edit on 20-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

It's not even going to get close. The most successful Kickstarter only reached $20 million. The most successful GoFundMe reached a similar amount. The most successful campaign I've followed reached $15 million and it was going at a much faster pace than this.

As I said in my previous post, the campaign I'm currently following started at a similar pace to this one. I'll be surprised if that one can break $6 million.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

As people/voters are now willing to happily pay more than required, I hope to not read threads soon from the same Americans if their taxes rise for other things, also using these sort of Gofund or kickstarters its almost socialiaism, with people willing to ensure safety to all and pay for others to benefit, seems almost at odds to what most Reps generally think

Strange times, why raise taxes and lose votes people will happily throw money they are not required at the government for FREE

I have never paid into any of these schemes

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It just broke $5 million

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Fun fact, while the United States can accept donation, it all has to go to Treasury, and can't be earmarked for any one specific purpose.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Good for it. As someone who has contributed to a lot of crowdfunded projects I can tell you 100% this doesn't have the momentum to reach $1 billion. The first 48 hours (some will say 24) are the most important for any campaign and where you'll see most of your money coming in. Last time I checked this is nowhere near even halfway to their goal.

In comparison the most successful Kickstarter of all time (Pebble) raised $1 million in 49 minutes. After the first 48 hours it was at $10.3 million. This would end up being almost exactly half of what the project would raise over the length of the entire campaign.

This wall campaign has now been active for three days and is only at $5.3 million. With 87,000 backers the average donation is $60. If the campaign somehow managed to stay at this current pace it would take 566 days (most crowdfunding campaigns only last 30 days at most) and 16 million people to reach its goal.

It's cute that you and others think this has a chance in Hell to succeed but don't kid yourself. There's a better chance that Congress will pass a balanced budget that includes funding for the wall than this actually reaching its goal.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
what's the real reason for this wall?

i'm not buying it's to keep us safe from poor migrants, or drugs. lol

i don't buy he's pushing so hard because it was a campagin promise, either.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Might give Star Citizen a run for its money.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that trump himself started this gofundme deal under an assumed name... He's a business man don't forget and has a foxy wife.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Isn't this good enough?

Non-Citizens Committed a Disproportionate Share of Federal Crimes, 2011-16

21% of those convicted of non-immigration crimes were non-citizens— 2.5 times their share of the population

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

i'm all for border security - ramp it up.

a wall? is there going to be some mass exodus i'm not aware of..

edit on 20-12-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Trump should start a go fund me....

I'm sure it will help make a dent.

Very scary what liberal Democrats will ignore.

Right now there is currently a large portion of illegal immigrants In jail for murder, rape. Kidnapping, to dwi.

Why no care for the cost of prosecution and jailing of this to alone the crimes that could have been prevented?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You also said that you doubted it would get $6 million. Well hold on because it’s about to cross that line.

Don’t get all emotional and stuff.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

It's not even going to get close. The most successful Kickstarter only reached $20 million. The most successful GoFundMe reached a similar amount. The most successful campaign I've followed reached $15 million and it was going at a much faster pace than this.

As I said in my previous post, the campaign I'm currently following started at a similar pace to this one. I'll be surprised if that one can break $6 million.

Much like the 2016 election you are missing the bigger picture here.

This isn't some hipster trying to fund his anti-trump documentary. People are donating to secure a future of their friends and family. Because they understand a nation without a border is open to forceful change from outside forces.

If you are fine with America adopting many of Mexico's less savory laws and culture tropes like the legal age of consent. Then by all means keep parroting your open border, pro-illegal immigration nonsense. It makes you and others appear less empathetic towards those already suffering on this side of the border that's all...

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Being realistic when it comes to a crowdfunding campaign now means I hate America?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It's not just the promise.

He has recently been talking about the wall and sometimes about the steel rods or plates. I think The Wall is becoming a way to revive the steel industry after he murdered it with his tariffs. I think the wall is becoming a wall of steel. He is hoping to kill two birds with one stone and get his wall and fix the industry in one, at least temporarily and in time for elections.

Except he made a dumb promise, from a dumb idea, that he cannot keep. And he tore down the steel industry with games he does not know how to play.

But, who's gonna pay for the wall!? Mexico!!

edit on 20-12-2018 by Mahogany because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

But ladders and all that jazz.

LOL, when I hear that, I picture the idiot who said it, carrying a 24' extension ladder 60 miles through the desert.

Some folks can speak, but should stop before they say things like that.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

www.rawstory.com...
Except rawstory is garbage and fools consume that.

Say what you want about Fox, they got everyone beat.

Trump won't sign CR without Borderwall security.

"Trump faced mounting pressure from immigration-minded conservatives to dig in on his demand for $5 billion to fund a border wall, a signature campaign promise -- before Democrats take over the House in January. The president apparently did just that in his meeting with House GOP leaders, seeking more border security and wall funding." (Et al)

This is why he is revered by his supporters. The MSM as usual will twist and slander, yet in the end ya'll eat crow.

Source:

www.foxnews.com... amp?__twitter_impression=true

Not that it matters, an anti-Trumper like you can't even grasp the inner thought process of our POTUS, you simply don't possess the capacity to do so.

Sit down and take a break old man 😌 you're looking a little lost.
edit on 20-12-2018 by Arnie123 because: Heh

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join