It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An update on funding for the Wall

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Did you catch these parts.

We are working with a law firm on a legal document that will bind the government to using the funds for the border wall itself, nothing else.

Republican Representative Steven Palazzo of Mississippi is introducing legislation to direct the Treasury Department to issue government savings bonds which would allow us to fund the wall this method. This is just one option, there are others on the table being discussed.

We will hold all funds and not release a single penny until we have all legal aspects covered to ensure our money goes only to the wall.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: CharlesT
$2,008,403 of $1.0B goal
Raised by 34,247 people in 3 days

$2,259,214 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 38,317 people in 3 days

$2,290,516 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 38,827 people in 3 days

$30000 dollars in 11 minutes. Not to bad.

$2,333,280 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 39,492 people in 3 days

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

$2,008,403 of $1.0B goal

$2,259,214 of $1.0B goal

$2,290,516 of $1.0B goal

$2,333,280 of $1.0B goal

just update the first post.

its at 3 mil and rising.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

$2,008,403 of $1.0B goal

$2,259,214 of $1.0B goal

$2,290,516 of $1.0B goal

$2,333,280 of $1.0B goal

Nice so 40000 people on average have donated roughly 60 bux each , it's a nice token gesture, maybe the Money should be given to the caravan people if the wall doesn't pan out...

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The wall costs 1/10 of 1% of the total budget. Its pretty disgusting to me that our Govt will not use such a small amount to protect the citizens who support them. Its our money so build the dam wall. I dont care if it winds up being ineffective. Its what the people want. Its our money. Americans want the wall far more than they want to send Billions to other countries.

I wonder how fast our border would get secured if we threaten to withhold all income tax payments until we get the funding to protect American Citizens.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
The wall costs 1/10 of 1% of the total budget. Its pretty disgusting to me that our Govt will not use such a small amount to protect the citizens who support them. Its our money so build the dam wall. I dont care if it winds up being ineffective. Its what the people want. Its our money. Americans want the wall far more than they want to send Billions to other countries.

I wonder how fast our border would get secured if we threaten to withhold all income tax payments until we get the funding to protect American Citizens.

It might be time to ask yourself who is it exactly you are supporting, do they share the same patriotism you do for your country, or do they simply seek to profit from it.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

That's pretty much the same rate that the board game I'm currently backing on Kickstarter is going.

If the idea of the Wall can't raise more money than a niche hobby isn't that pretty indicative that it's not supported by the majority? Either that or maybe it means that Trump should start demanding Congress allocate billions of dollars to board games.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
#GoFundTheWall

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's mental in the extreme.

Some of the poor souls that donate the money probably don't even have it to spare.

And what will materialize from it all, nothing, nothing at all.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

My guess would be bankers and middlemen, the usual suspects to be honest.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Ive been thinking a lot about that. Patriotism seems to equal keeping America a sovereign nation but the liberals in my family think we are being selfish to keep Americas wealth to ourselves and that a global culture it by far better. (I could be wrong) I am old. and I realize the next generation has to make choices that create a good life for their children. But, I cant see how erasing a nations culture is better. We are a nation of immigrants but we are also a nation of immigrants who became Americans. The immigrants I see today are waving their flags, and dont want to become Americans.

The thing that scares me is that History shows how the Christian belief systems caused death and mayhem against all who didnt believe the way they did, and now i see the Muslims following in the same crusade path. I dont care about the religion crap, I care about peace. I care about clean water and clean air. But I dont see how degrading the country my forefathers created to welcome 3rd world mentality is good for the US or us.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Well, we do live in a global environment where the next continent over is only a few hours distant.

There is infostructure and industry all over the planet for the purpose of transporting goods and people to just about any point on the globe.

If America ever wishes to be great again It follows suit that the world must also do the same.

That can never happen all the same whilst the distribution of power and wealth remains as it is.
edit on 20-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Your fears are well founded, there is most certainly huge changes coming our way, the war machine has reached a point of climax and so many people are now displaced it's flowing over the borders quite literally .

Money is the real driver, religion, politics teams are all schemes to keep the focus away from money, while everyone is blaming some other poor schlep these evil pricks get go on their merry way.

I am 100% sure when I say the real plague of this world is not caused by the poor ,the left the right, the Muslims the Christians, the fat the ugly the incontinent, it's the mighty dollar.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I live in California, and it doesnt seem like the immigrants want the same culture norms that Americans have gotten used to. Even basic things like toilets. The world seems to reject our norms, so it seems to me that we will be forced into accepting the unacceptable to fit these people in. Im not saying our way of life is better, its just different and I think its equally as important as their culture.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Funny that this came about right around the time that Trumps foundation was forced to shut down. It’s almost like some con man needed a new piggy bank.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Best idea ever.

I have zero issues with those that want the wall to pay right out of their own pockets.

We should do the same for healthcare.

That way those that have extra money and want to share it could do so and those that don't wouldn't have to.

It's over 3,500,000 now.

Damn I hope this works. I would love to see IF the wall works or not. Just from an experimental point of view.
edit on 20-12-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

All it needs is a few millionaire trump supporters willing to give up their money.......

As I typed that it made me sad.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

We don't how many gave how much.

Could just be a few rich people throwing in thousands of dollars each.

I want this to work.

But if it does it will not be an accurate measure of what the country wants.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: andy06shake

So who gets to keep all this money when inevitable no wall is ever built?

They must see some people coming to be honest. LoL

It depends on what kink of financial entity Kolfage sets up. You can bet the lawyers are rubbing their hands together in glee in anticipation of putting together the corporate package. This kind of money breeds complications with banks, taxes, trustees, boards of directors, independant contractors, architects, designers, consultants, real estate people, and the slime balls that follow these kinds of enterprises. It will take min. of a year to set up the legalities.

I can guarantee a ton of that money will be sucked out before anything is built. Trump may not even be in office...what then?

Hey, all you bean counters, here's a great opportunity.

As a matter of National Security I think Trump may want to write a new EO and say this will be non-taxable. If the IRS decides to not do that then their days will be numbered. It is for the good of our Nation.

So naive.... An EO can't uninstall the IRS.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

$2,008,403 of $1.0B goal

$2,259,214 of $1.0B goal

$2,290,516 of $1.0B goal

$2,333,280 of $1.0B goal

$3,946,733 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 64,274 people in 3 days

Almost 2 mill since I went to bed.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join