It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An update on funding for the Wall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: highvein

a reply to: highvein

I am interested in what you think about this idea that has seemed to go viral. With an acumulation of 1.5 million, so far, in two days, it seems to be on a serious roll.

Fantastic, at this rate it should only take about 4 years to reach 5billion.

Thats okay. As long as it gets done.

It might take a little longer. It's going to be taxed you know. And there are bound to be legal issues on who and how the money is allocated. Or is the money going to be just handed over to the government with the instructions to build the wall.

From my understanding and IF this is not a scam, they have contacted the Executive Branch of Government to allocate it.

Giving money to the government, what could possibly go wrong. It should be put into a foundation specifically tasked to
oversee the way the money is spent. Not to mention payment to the land owners where the wall will be built.

Building the wall will be a business with thousands of people wanting their share for materials and services rendered.
I could be the CEO and help out. I have experience!

Yeah. I think problems will probably arise as well. If there are too many hands in the pot, more will be stolen. But the guy who started it, seems to be on the right track.

Ok, who is this guy and what are his qualifications to handle this kind of money. He better incorporate and quick or the snakes will come out and eat him alive.

I will not link his name, but the information I have gathered is that he is a triple amputee veteran that is the grandson of Immigrants. He believes that since a billionaire donated $7.5 Million to fund half of the Washington Monument repairs in 2012, this is no different.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I am interested in what you think about this idea that has seemed to go viral. With an acumulation of 1.5 million, so far, in two days, it seems to be on a serious roll.

Fantastic, at this rate it should only take about 4 years to reach 5billion.

The Goal for this particular GoFundMe initiative is $1 Billion...not $5 Billion.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

a wall is just an obstacle

Exactly.

An obstacle that can have adverse reactions to those attempting to tackle it. Make it harder, not easier.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

But ladders and all that jazz.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

This is Brian's personal web page: BRIANKOLFAGE.COM

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Burglars dont tend to walk through walls, those are ghost, burglars use points of easy access. Logically its tougher to get through a barrier than an unguarded location, this will at least limit the amount of flow which would help our border agents.

Yes they can tunnel and they can find ways over, this will take money. Is there more money in trafficking drugs or people through the tunnels? Per pound obviously drugs so if cartels want to try and maintain their business they will inevitably turn down people that want to be smuggled in. They may have times they use it in a non operational tunnel just to draw attention away, but lack of ease will cause them to have to concentrate their efforts, thus making our border agents more effective.
edit on 12/19/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Still an electronic wall, manned barrack's and regular patrol's as well as regular GPR and seismic patrol's would serve far better than an eyesore on the landscape, simply electrified fences and a no man's land perhaps also based on the only wall that really worked (mostly) the Berlin wall would be a far better approach than a political statement in concrete costing YOU to pay for someone else propaganda tool.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Go build a space elevator America, colonize and industrialize low Earth orbit, so nobody on Earth ever needs a wall again

Space elevator? Advice noted.

Do something glorious, be the nation that you once were, impress us with your fortitude and ability to succeed and overcome insurmountable obstacles.

We did that when Trump won the election.

Or listen to the likes of Trump and become the next Nazi Germany, your choice really.

It is interesting that you compare keeping illegal foreigne citizens out our country, with putting people in gas chambers and killing them. That seems to be quiet a stretch for the reality of the situation. It kind of lumps you in the "It doesn't matter what Trump does, I hate him." crowd. Now I understand why you came up with the build a space elevator idea.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

His page didn't mention anything about funding the wall. But it was asking for donations of some sort. Perhaps to fund his motivational speaking gigs.

edit on 19-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Its pretty much a 2-dimensional solution in a 3-dimensional world.

A nonsensical notion at the best, near enough unimplementable, impossible in some areas, nevermind it would cost an arm and a leg to police effectively in any kind of meaningful manner.

Simply an election promise that will never be kept, along with many others, and just like Hillary being put in gaol really.

So in the words of the Spice Girls im afraid "No, you're never gonna get it. Never ever gonna get it".

edit on 19-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: matafuchs

And a fine thread it was!

link   

also based on the only wall that really worked (mostly) the Berlin

That is not true. Israel's wall works great.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

For the Palestinians?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

So in the words of the Spice Girls im afraid "No, you're never gonna get it. Never ever gonna get it".

Especially if we didn't do something about and listen to you mistake an En Vogue song for a Spice Girls song.

That leads me to believe you are wrong.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

"We did that when Trump won the election."

That was hilarious for all of about 5 minutes.

Now it's just tiresome if somewhat still mildly entertaining.

Kind of like watching a Monkey pick its arse.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

For the Palestinians?

For the Palestinians behind it, yes.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I have seen it. I just don't want to provide the links to it.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Such compassion and empath you have there.

Congratulations, i recommend planning your next holiday to the area so you can share your opinions with the locals.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Right now, $1,562,552 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 26,415 people in 2 days

Edit: $1,572,204 of $1.0B goal
Raised by 26,587 people in 2 days

Another $10,000 in just maybe 10 minuets.

And now it is $1,788,314.

Exploding.

$200,000.00 in 30 minutes.

$1,908,530
Another update.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

So who gets to keep all this money when inevitable no wall is ever built?

They must see some people coming to be honest. LoL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join