It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An update on funding for the Wall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: highvein

I am interested in what you think about this idea that has seemed to go viral. With an acumulation of 1.5 million, so far, in two days, it seems to be on a serious roll.

Fantastic, at this rate it should only take about 4 years to reach 5billion.

Thats okay. As long as it gets done.

It might take a little longer. It's going to be taxed you know. And there are bound to be legal issues on who and how the money is allocated. Or is the money going to be just handed over to the government with the instructions to build the wall.
edit on 19-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I am interested in what you think about this idea that has seemed to go viral. With an acumulation of 1.5 million, so far, in two days, it seems to be on a serious roll.

You obviously don't know what the term "viral" means.

I didn't know about this an hour ago.

I threw $1,200 on it when I learned about it.

I will check in tomorrow and if keeps going at that rate, I will pitch 10 grand on it.

Let's see.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

It might take a little longer. It's going to be taxed you know. And there are bound to be legal issues on who and how the money is allocated. Or is the money going to be just handed over to the government with the instructions to build the wall.

From my understanding and IF this is not a scam, they have contacted the Executive Branch of Government to allocate it.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I would try and get Pink Floyd on board.

People actually like their version.

Trumps, not so much. LoL

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

This thread isn't about that. I don't want the thread to even be considered in anyway solicitous.

I however do agree, that it very well could explode exponentially.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I would try and get Pink Floyd on board.

People actually like their version.

Trumps, not so much. LoL

According to the trend it would appear that people like Trump's version a lot. Even the anonymous contributors.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

From my understanding and IF this is not a scam, they have contacted the Executive Branch of Government to allocate it.

Giving money to the government, what could possibly go wrong. It should be put into a foundation specifically tasked to
oversee the way the money is spent. Not to mention payment to the land owners where the wall will be built.

Building the wall will be a business with thousands of people wanting their share for materials and services rendered.
I could be the CEO and help out. I have experience!

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Right now, $1,562,552 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 26,415 people in 2 days

Edit: $1,572,204 of $1.0B goal
Raised by 26,587 people in 2 days

Another $10,000 in just maybe 10 minuets.

And now it is $1,788,314.

Exploding.

$200,000.00 in 30 minutes.

edit on 19-12-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Aye, probably the same type that likes the "dark sarcasm in the classroom".

edit on 19-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The same type of thing, however private corporate donations, were just given to the state Department to the tune of 5 billion to assist those in need in Mexico and Central America.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I did not put in a link for the go fund me just to the news article and it was trashed...bunk! Glad another one is up though.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

This thread isn't about that. I don't want the thread to even be considered in anyway solicitous.

I obviously get that... LOL

However, a link was OK with Christine Blasey Ford on ATS.

I'm a little butthurt about that, but that's OK.

I'll just go back to reality for a bit and forget about the double standard.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Giving money to the government, what could possibly go wrong. It should be put into a foundation specifically tasked to
oversee the way the money is spent. Not to mention payment to the land owners where the wall will be built.

Building the wall will be a business with thousands of people wanting their share for materials and services rendered.

Yeah. I think problems will probably arise as well. If there are too many hands in the pot, more will be stolen. But the guy who started it, seems to be on the right track.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

lol. I was responding to your OP about it at the same time as they nixed it. I had to think about how to post this one, so we could discuss it.

You are correct. They did allow a link to Fords fundraiser. That is a valid point and very telling indeed.
edit on 19-12-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

I did not put in a link for the go fund me just to the news article and it was trashed...bunk! Glad another one is up though.

I know. They should have just censored the person who linked it. But you did advocate for it. Maybe that was why?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

lol. I was responding to your OP about it at the same time as they nixed it. I had to think about how to post this one, so we could discuss it.

You did excellent.

I am, at the end of the day, a feral animal with a good background in American politics.

Politically Correct and a follower of rules, not so much.

It's a good cause, I think.

Too bad that we have to couch our words and hide the topic to even speak about it here.

Deny ignorance, though...

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Yeah. I think problems will probably arise as well. If there are too many hands in the pot, more will be stolen. But the guy who started it, seems to be on the right track.

Ok, who is this guy and what are his qualifications to handle this kind of money. He better incorporate and quick or the snakes will come out and eat him alive.

My suggestion would be to apply for a 501 [C] [3] or the feds are going to smell the bacon and want a taste.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

You did excellent.

I am, at the end of the day, a feral animal with a good background in American politics.

Politically Correct and a follower of rules, not so much.

It's a good cause, I think.

Too bad that we have to couch our words and hide the topic to even speak about it here.

Deny ignorance, though...

Social media...Amirite?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

a reply to: LABTECH767

I like wall's, great thing's how else would we keep the roof on, terrible at keeping people out though ask any burglar.

So then you agreee that they work.

And the really did not do much for the Roman Empire or the Chinese in the end, as place markers they worked well but in the case of the great wall of China it was not the wall that worked - WHEN it worked - it was the watch towers and the fort's which had to be constantly manned and constantly maintained, for them which were in fact the real wall the rest of the wall really just served as a connecting road.

Now I am getting you don't think they work. Easy answer.

And yet they built several wall's over the century's, each one failed and fell.

Isreal's is doing pretty good. You could say the same thing about cars. They work till they don't. lol.

Keeping mole men and lunatic's out is one thing but when facing an actual organised force (with something above zero IQ that is) they do tend to fail rather a lot, a wall is just an obstacle and in the case of the Israeli's they keep it manned and monitored at all time's, I don't agree with everything Israel (the state not the patriarch Jacob grandson of Abraham - mother's maternal line) has done but generally speaking I am on there side.

And remember the Kraut's in world war two, we definitely hung out the washing on the Siegfried line (after the unfinished and very flawed Maginot line and the equally failed Atlantic sea wall it was perhaps the most ambitious defensive structure or rather complex of structures in history fat lot of good it did them eh!).

edit on 19-12-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

My advice.

Go build a space elevator America, colonize and industrialize low Earth orbit, so nobody on Earth ever needs a wall again.

Do something glorious, be the nation that you once were, impress us with your fortitude and ability to succeed and overcome insurmountable obstacles.

Or listen to the likes of Trump and become the next Nazi Germany, your choice really.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join