It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An update on funding for the Wall

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: highvein

So yes. Yes they can. Are you trying to say that you believe the government should not work for the citizens?

If past performance is any indication; poor planning, cost overrides, kickbacks, corruption, inefficiency, out right theft, with no thought at all for the citizens. But ultimately they will pay for the boondoggle and left with a worse than half assed result. Which I predict will be a halfassed chainlink fence that any kid with boltcutters can make a hole big enough to drive a BMW threw.

This isn't Mayberry RFD...this is the swamp! Time to grow up!!

Well that is what big government gets ya. We have to work with what we got.

Anything the government does will be at least twice as costly and take three times as long as it should. It's simply the nature of the bureaucracy. Anything you do to try to streamline it or combat waste requires more funding and more bureaucracy to implement. This is why the government should be the last resort to solving any given problem.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So yes. Yes they can. Are you trying to say that you believe the government should not work for the citizens?

If past performance is any indication; poor planning, cost overrides, kickbacks, corruption, inefficiency, out right theft, with no thought at all for the citizens. But ultimately they will pay for the boondoggle and left with a worse than half assed result. Which I predict will be a halfassed chainlink fence that any kid with boltcutters can make a hole big enough to drive a BMW threw.

A 9 foot chain link fence can reduce illegal crossing up to 80% in some cases. 99% in Israel. Even half of able bodied people who could just climb the fence chose to cross elsewhere or not at all. Look it up. The information is out there.

The thing you fail to add to the equation is the fence isn't so much a barrier as it is a statement from the people on the other side. If someone feels they will be met with resistance they are less likely to do it. It's simple...

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

A 9 foot chain link fence can reduce illegal crossing up to 80% in some cases. 99% in Israel. Even half of able bodied people who could just climb the fence chose to cross elsewhere or not at all. Look it up. The information is out there.

The thing you fail to add to the equation is the fence isn't so much a barrier as it is a statement from the people on the other side. If someone feels they will be met with resistance they are less likely to do it. It's simple...

Same rationale behind locking your car door. Sure someone could break the window, but most criminals are looking for easy pickings. They look for unlocked doors.

ETA: And the "all you need for a 30-foot wall is a 31-foot ladder" argument, sure. Who's carrying one of those around? Most of the people show up at the border with nothing. That also makes it a lot more dangerous, and some people will be deterred just by that. Tunnel, okay, but who is equipped to do that? No matter what you do, of course there are ways to defeat it, but there's no arguing that it will at least cut down on illegal crossings.
edit on 22 12 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Since stumbling onto this thread in the wee hours, I've been watching the campaign page. I went to bed around 4 am, got up around noon, fired up the computer, and found that the total had grown by over a million dollars overnight. Checked it out an hour or so ago, and it's up almost another million. Mind boggling. It now stands at

$15,675,870 of $1.0B goal
Raised by 257,258 people in 6 days

We're gonna need a LOT of popcorn before this is over, ATS.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

I think we may be witnessing it's limit coming soon.

$16,361,713 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 268,958 people in 6 days

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

$17,697,000 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 291,352 people in 10 days

Slowing way down.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Update.
$18,689,966 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 308,818 people in 16 days

Down to a 9 million a week now. But the average is over 1 million a day.
edit on 2-1-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Still less than 1/50th of the way there, I'm betting there are no corporations or super wealthy people contributing to this fund.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Still less than 1/50th of the way there, I'm betting there are no corporations or super wealthy people contributing to this fund.

It seems that they are not. I don't believe it will reach it's goal at the rate it is slowing down.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
$19,586,329 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 325,704 people in 22 days

Update.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Especially corporations that use illegal cheap labor. There are many and they have paid lobbyist to keep the status quo.

I'll wager that not one cent will be spent on "the wall" but the instigators of the go fund me action will be extremely wealthy.

Administrative costs you know.....

edit on 8-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yep I would get it on that bet

<< 11  12  13   >>

join