It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An update on funding for the Wall

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I'd be more concerned about donating to a GoFundMe and how the money will actually be spent. I don't think you can donate to a specific project when it comes to government. Pretty sure it must be "gifted" and then they've got it and you have no say where it gets spent from there. It could be spent on the welfare recipients so despised. or some really nice dinners for the politicians, or whatever.

The project would have so many contractors to deal with that you couldn't give them the $ directly and then it would still be a "gift" and they could go on some great vacations or whatever.

Either way, you have no assurance that the money will be spent the way you want it to. They could even scrap the project completely and you have no recourse.

I just think it's interesting that people are so willing to donate to building this mythological wall, yet would blow a gasket at being asked to pitch in for repairing our infrastructure that's crumbling.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: whargoul

originally posted by: highvein

Our leaders in the legislative side of government will not give funding for the wall, so some have taken it on themselves to provide funding for the wall.

There will be no links to the site because that will break the T&C of ATS. We do not want to do that, so please don't post any links.

Let us talk about the idea of this.

Some people want a wall so bad they decided to do something about it. Cudo's to those people.

I am interested in what you think about this idea that has seemed to go viral.
With an acumulation of 1.5 million, so far, in two days, it seems to be on a serious roll.

Do you think it is a scam? I don't know the answer to that.

Hopefully, we can discuss this.

Remember please don't link anything that will nix the thread.

I thought Mexico was going to pay for this wall?

Another broken campaign promise?

Or, just an out-right lie?

How are you people so gullible?

How are you such a bad liar? Of course you're aware that as far back as the 2016 campaign, Trump had explained that "Mexico will pay for the wall" was likely to take the form of renegotiated trade deals, which has been accomplished.

But these are the same folks who have to pretend that he's advocating for a literal 2000-mile concrete wall, when that's not the case. When in doubt, lie. It's easier than arguing the real issues.

The wall, the stupid wall. A 17th century solution to a 21th century problem. tRump and his supporters don't think the rest of the world has found out about boats, airplanes, tunnels, concrete saws, cutting torches, dynamite, and rope ladders. With today's technology , why not use it to our advantage? If you truly believe a wall will stop determined , innovative people, then you are so stupid it defies logic.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: EveStreet

I'd be more concerned about donating to a GoFundMe and how the money will actually be spent. I don't think you can donate to a specific project when it comes to government. Pretty sure it must be "gifted" and then they've got it and you have no say where it gets spent from there. It could be spent on the welfare recipients so despised. or some really nice dinners for the politicians, or whatever.

That's fairly accurate. Can the government accept the money from the GoFundMe? Yes, but only as a general contribution. It can't be earmarked towards any specific purpose. It would turn into general funds. To be used for a specific purpose would require appropriating the funds via a spending bill.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Weather we reach the goal or not, I hope it sends a message to our Govt leaders how many Americans really believe the wall will help with illegal immigration .

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
Weather we reach the goal or not, I hope it sends a message to our Govt leaders how many Americans really believe the wall will help with illegal immigration .

On the flip side, it will clearly differentiate the 50,000 folks who are the real die-hards for the wall, and the other 249 Million who aren't. That may not play as well among Republican senators for most of the 125 million other conservative voters that fit into the latter category.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

Our leaders in the legislative side of government will not give funding for the wall, so some have taken it on themselves to provide funding for the wall.

There will be no links to the site because that will break the T&C of ATS. We do not want to do that, so please don't post any links.

Some people want a wall so bad they decided to do something about it. Cudo's to those people.

With an acumulation of 1.5 million, so far, in two days, it seems to be on a serious roll.

How are you such a bad liar? Of course you're aware that as far back as the 2016 campaign, Trump had explained that "Mexico will pay for the wall" was likely to take the form of renegotiated trade deals, which has been accomplished.

But these are the same folks who have to pretend that he's advocating for a literal 2000-mile concrete wall, when that's not the case. When in doubt, lie. It's easier than arguing the real issues.

The wall, the stupid wall. A 17th century solution to a 21th century problem. tRump and his supporters don't think the rest of the world has found out about boats, airplanes, tunnels, concrete saws, cutting torches, dynamite, and rope ladders. With today's technology , why not use it to our advantage? If you truly believe a wall will stop determined , innovative people, then you are so stupid it defies logic.

And all these dishonest talking points completely ignore the fact that that's exactly what is being called for. "The wall" is just a catch all phrase for an entire system of border security measures, including technology, as Trump has said and his supporters understand. Even the NY Times has acknowledged this:

During the campaign, Mr. Trump summed up his requirements: “It’s going to be a real wall, it’s going to be a high wall, it’s going to be a beautiful wall, it’s going to be a wall that works.” But the wall won’t be a “real wall” as much as a “border system” — part increased patrols, part monitoring devices, part lighting and part wall. The barriers Mr. Trump will visit on Tuesday would be built only in what are considered suitable areas, not along the entire 2,000-mile border.

But the pundits keep lying and pretending it's a 2,000-mile wall, and the uninformed like you gobble that up and just repeat the talking points. Keep it up though. I totally support your freedom of speech to make yourself look uninformed and/or dishonest.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

And all these dishonest talking points completely ignore the fact that that's exactly what is being called for. "The wall" is just a catch all phrase for an entire system of border security measures, including technology, as Trump has said and his supporters understand. Even the NY Times has acknowledged this:

During the campaign, Mr. Trump summed up his requirements: “It’s going to be a real wall, it’s going to be a high wall, it’s going to be a beautiful wall, it’s going to be a wall that works.” But the wall won’t be a “real wall” as much as a “border system” — part increased patrols, part monitoring devices, part lighting and part wall. The barriers Mr. Trump will visit on Tuesday would be built only in what are considered suitable areas, not along the entire 2,000-mile border.

But the pundits keep lying and pretending it's a 2,000-mile wall, and the uninformed like you gobble that up and just repeat the talking points. Keep it up though. I totally support your freedom of speech to make yourself look uninformed and/or dishonest.

Oh, you talking for donnie boy now. I've never heard him say anything resembling what you pucked out.
Can he speak for himself or not? Is he not capable of coherent speech.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

I thought this thread was going to say that Mexico was going to send a check like President Trump and his supporters promised?

So now it is a promise Trump supporters? Reaching to say the least.

The difference between Trump supporters and Trump haters is this. Yes he promised us the wall. Is he trying to fulfill that promise. Yes he is. What is stopping him? The democratic leaders. So he is at least trying to keep his Campaign promises. It sounds funny when I write it down. Can you imagine a President trying to keep their promises.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

I thought Mexico was going to pay for this wall? Another broken campaign promise?

How much do you think the U.S. spends on taking care of illegal immigrants each year? That would help pay for the wall.
And it would be up to Mexico to care for their people. They spend, we save. Mexico paying for the wall.

Gullability can be a bad thing. Remember when all those gullable anti-Trumpers just knew Hilary was going to win?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

If you truly believe a wall will stop determined , innovative people, then you are so stupid it defies logic.

I know right. Walls have never stopped anyone..ever...because they are stupid and I hate them. That is why my house, that i use to protect my family has no walls. Just a roof on four polls, because walls can't stop innovative people.

Thanks for the laugh man. You are a great debater. One could even say a Master Debater. Such a Master Debater in fact, that you don't need time to think, at all really, as long as you can Master Debate.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

That's a really expensive message. With absolutely no recourse if it isn't "read".

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

What part of "a wall that works.", did you find incoherent? Are you assuming that Trump just meant a wall like the one's on the side of your house? lol. I think I understand your dellema in understanding the endeavor a little better now.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: EveStreet
a reply to: misskat1

That's a really expensive message. With absolutely no recourse if it isn't "read".

State Department Pledges $10 Billion to Develop Central America, Southern Mexico

www.breitbart.com...

Yeah. lol. When they can send more money to other countries, but refuse to spend at least the same amount on National Security, something is definitely not right.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Oh, you talking for donnie boy now. I've never heard him say anything resembling what you pucked out.

What I pucked out? You mean what I quoted from the NY Times? Are the NY Times shilling for Trump now?

It's been reported numerous places that it's not just going to be a wall and he's said it in speeches. Not shocked that the biased places you get your info from have left you uninformed though.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: tensetek

my question hasn't been answered. lol

you think private citizens can direct public spending for a specific use?

The government has accepted large private donations before, most recently a billionaire donated $7.5 Million to fund half of the Washington Monument repairs in 2012; this is no different.

So yes. Yes they can. Are you trying to say that you believe the government should not work for the citizens?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

You are right, it looks even scary somehow)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I just heard some talking head on MSNBC lamenting Trump wanting funding for a wall saying the taxpayers will ultimately pay for it. I wonder if she ever stopped to think of the cost of NOT building a wall. In crime, the impact of drugs, welfare and public assistance for low-no skilled illegals, the cost schools have to shoulder in supporting students who don't speak English, the fact that these people will have millions of kids all burdening infrastructure further? Who pays for their medical care? What, in fact, is the cost of NOT doing something about this?

edit on 22-12-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

So yes. Yes they can. Are you trying to say that you believe the government should not work for the citizens?

If past performance is any indication; poor planning, cost overrides, kickbacks, corruption, inefficiency, out right theft, with no thought at all for the citizens. But ultimately they will pay for the boondoggle and left with a worse than half assed result. Which I predict will be a halfassed chainlink fence that any kid with boltcutters can make a hole big enough to drive a BMW threw.

This isn't Mayberry RFD...this is the swamp! Time to grow up!!

edit on 22-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Just healthcare in 2013

In 2013, the Center for Immigration Studies estimated the medical costs for uninsured individuals at $4.3 billion per year, primarily due to the use of emergency rooms and free clinics.

www.lifezette.com...

The cost to the American taxpayers of 11 million illegal aliens is estimated at $346 billion annually, according to the National Research Council, also from a 2013 report.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

If past performance is any indication; poor planning, cost overrides, kickbacks, corruption, inefficiency, out right theft, with no thought at all for the citizens. But ultimately they will pay for the boondoggle and left with a worse than half assed result. Which I predict will be a halfassed chainlink fence that any kid with boltcutters can make a hole big enough to drive a BMW threw.

This isn't Mayberry RFD...this is the swamp! Time to grow up!!

Well that is what big government gets ya. We have to work with what we got.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join