It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An update on funding for the Wall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Our leaders in the legislative side of government will not give funding for the wall, so some have taken it on themselves to provide funding for the wall.

There will be no links to the site because that will break the T&C of ATS. We do not want to do that, so please don't post any links.

Let us talk about the idea of this.

Some people want a wall so bad they decided to do something about it. Cudo's to those people.

I am interested in what you think about this idea that has seemed to go viral.
With an acumulation of 1.5 million, so far, in two days, it seems to be on a serious roll.

Do you think it is a scam? I don't know the answer to that.

Hopefully, we can discuss this.

Remember please don't link anything that will nix the thread.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I like wall's, great thing's how else would we keep the roof on, terrible at keeping people out though ask any burglar.
And the thing's really did not do much for the Roman Empire or the Chinese in the end, as place markers they worked well but in the case of the great wall of China it was not the wall that worked - WHEN it worked - it was the watch towers and the fort's which had to be constantly manned and constantly maintained, for them which were in fact the real wall the rest of the wall really just served as a connecting road.
And yet they built several wall's over the century's, each one failed and fell.

edit on 19-12-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The Wall should be Funded Directly from the American People MINUS the House and Senate . A Public Referendum from American Citizens with a Fund being Created for it's Construction . This could offer a Solution to Fund the Much Needed Wall on our Southern Border IMO .

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I like wall's, great thing's how else would we keep the roof on, terrible at keeping people out though ask any burglar.

So then you agreee that they work.

And the really did not do much for the Roman Empire or the Chinese in the end, as place markers they worked well but in the case of the great wall of China it was not the wall that worked - WHEN it worked - it was the watch towers and the fort's which had to be constantly manned and constantly maintained, for them which were in fact the real wall the rest of the wall really just served as a connecting road.

Now I am getting you don't think they work. Easy answer.

And yet they built several wall's over the century's, each one failed and fell.

Isreal's is doing pretty good. You could say the same thing about cars. They work till they don't. lol.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The Wall should be Funded Directly from the American People MINUS the House and Senate . A Public Referendum from American Citizens with a Fund being Created for it's Construction . This could offer a Solution to Fund the Much Needed Wall on our Southern Border IMO .

I think our Government should throw in the tax money also. It is to protect the U.S. after all.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I think our Government should throw in the tax money also. It is to protect the U.S. after all.

Good Idea , but that Involves Voting on a Bill that will never See the Light of Day ....

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Walls in areas of high illegal entry is a must. And must be guarded 24 hours a day. Very simply to do. But a long wall where maybe a few thousand enter on a yearly basis is not worth the time and effort or money. Those areas are mostly death traps to the invaders unless they have inside help to get them out of such difficult terrain.
I say, yes, build and man a wall where needed. Other then that, build shelter for the homeless people across America.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Good Idea , but that Involves Voting on a Bill that will never See the Light of Day ....

I know. I hope our legislators are paying attention. If the Wall Support gathers enough people, it is all over for the house and Senate. The next step will be to take our tax dollars away, because they obviously will not represent us.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Mexico is going to finance the wall... or something

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Right now, $1,562,552 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 26,415 people in 2 days
edit on 19-12-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Edit: $1,572,204 of $1.0B goal
Raised by 26,587 people in 2 days

Another $10,000 in just maybe 10 minuets.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I am interested in what you think about this idea that has seemed to go viral. With an acumulation of 1.5 million, so far, in two days, it seems to be on a serious roll.

Fantastic, at this rate it should only take about 4 years to reach 5billion.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Is at 1.5 million now because I looked at earlier today and I thought it said $1,500. I know there is more than one crowd fund going on as well so the one you are talking about could be different. Some other guy has one at 156K so far.

Either way, we are talking about a project in the billions someone did some math on it and said it would take $80 from every Trump supporter to reach the 1 billion mark. No matter, I wish them luck.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Well we did just give them 10.6 Billion in foreign aid to boost their economy so they wont come here. Yeah thats the ticket.

ktla.com...

U.S. Pledges $10.6B in Aid for Central America, Southern Mexico as Part of Effort to Reduce Migration
POSTED 12:45 PM, DECEMBER 18, 2018, BY ASSOCIATED PRESS,

Maybe they will loan us back our money at a good interest rate?

edit on 191231America/ChicagoWed, 19 Dec 2018 21:19:26 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Be careful my thread on this was deleted. Sucks. People can raise money for fake accusations against SCOTUS nominees but this is wrong.

Tell that to all of those who contributed to the Stormy Fund only to be farked by Avenatti and THEN being told their monies will go to Trump in the end.

Fund the Wall. Pass a BUDGET Congress. A REAL Budget. That is what the shutdown should be about.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Obviously our Legislative Branch doesn't think National Security is a big deal. They would rather give billions to these countries governments, while their citizens are trying to run away from those same governments. I don't care if Mexico pays for it. How about we stop sending billions to other countries and fund the wall.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

It is going viral now. If the trend keeps up, more and more is going to be put in.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Have you tried GoFundMe.com.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I am interested in what you think about this idea that has seemed to go viral. With an acumulation of 1.5 million, so far, in two days, it seems to be on a serious roll.

Fantastic, at this rate it should only take about 4 years to reach 5billion.

Thats okay. As long as it gets done.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

That is why I said not to provide links like AndyO6Shake just did.

There is always one, sometimes more.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

It is going viral now. If the trend keeps up, more and more is going to be put in.

Up $100,000 in give or take 20 minuets.

$1,668,994 of $1.0B goal
Raised by 28,383 people in 2 days

Edit: In around 2 minuets.
$1,724,546 of $1.0B goal
Raised by 29,385 people in 2 days

<<   2  3  4 >>

join