It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi Sheriff chaged with embezzlement, arms trafficking, witness retaliation (12 Felonies)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
After watching " Making a Murderer" and seeing how corruption was rampant on all levels...thought this article deserved sharing...might cheer some up for the holidays.

...numerous sources available via google results and here are some of the highlights.

www.clarionledger.com...

Does not look like it was isolated to just this one Sheriff...

In a press release on Wednesday morning, the Mississippi Department of Public Safety and the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation announced that Webster County Sheriff Timothy Seth Mitchell, 53, was charged with two counts of embezzlement; two counts of trafficking in stolen firearms; one count of attempting sex and/or sexual acts with an inmate; one count of tampering with physical evidence; three counts of retaliation against a witness; one count of permitting possession and/or sale of controlled substance in jail; and two counts of furnishing an inmate with weapons, cell phone, and narcotics.

Mississippi Bureau of Investigation spokesman Capt. Johnny Poulos said the second-term sheriff is charged with two counts each of embezzlement, trafficking in stolen firearms and furnishing an inmate with weapons, a cellphone and narcotics. Mitchell is also charged with one count each of attempting sex with an inmate, tampering with evidence and permitting possession or sale of a controlled substance in jail; and three counts of retaliation against a witness

- Webster County Sheriff Tim Mitchell could be sentenced to 152 years in prison if convicted of all charges.
- He was officially set to retire on Jan. 2, 2019, with a replacement to be named by the county before the end date.
-The Mississippi Highway Safety Patrol (MHP), MHP SWAT, SOG, and Interdiction teams, Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics, Mississippi Attorney General’s Office, Mississippi State Auditor’s Office, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, and the 5th District Attorney’s Office participated in the investigation and resulting arrest.

Mitchell is the second Mississippi sheriff arrested this year.

William Brewer resigned as sheriff in northern Mississippi’s Tallahatchie County in August, days after he was arrested on federal charges related to narcotics trafficking and extortion. A federal indictment said Brewer took $6,500 in cash “to allow drug distribution in Tallahatchie County.” He pleaded guilty Nov. 1 to one count of attempting to extort a bribe and is set for sentencing in February.

Federal authorities said Brewer gave protection for years to a drug dealer who robbed other dealers and kicked back stolen money and drug profits to Brewer. They said the illegal partnership began in about 2003.

source:www.starkvilledailynews.com/node/125206

edit on 19-12-2018 by dojozen because: update

edit on 19-12-2018 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dojozen

A source would be fun.

So wot he do?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Wow 150 Years for doing nothing.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Mitchell, 53, was charged with two counts of embezzlements, two counts of trafficking of stolen firearms, one count of attempting sex and/or sexual acts with an inmate, one count of tampering with physical evidence, three counts of retaliation against a witness, one count of permitting possession and/or sale of controlled substance in jail, and two counts of furnishing an inmate with weapons, cell phone, and narcotics.

Source

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Losses his job as sheriff for a couple of years and gets some probation time. I bet the locals love him.

edit:

He gets to retire. Figures
edit on 12/19/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Can google and will see dozens of sources, if you are picky...

www.clarionledger.com...

moved link from middle of post to the top section of it, thanks for pointing out,.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Looks like they were tipped off about the investigation...the Deputy resigned a month or so before and Sheriff put in his resignation, citing health reasons...

can see this getting swept under the rug and slap on the wrist or come out and say it was part of an undercover operation with some other agency....DEA since they do not appear to have been part of the investigation.

Wonder if the Judge is dirty too and prosecutors, let him walk, be interesting to see.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

For the love of all that is holy, can you imagine being in a prison sex encounter with Boss Hogg? 150 years is too little for that count alone. Seriously, this had to go deeper than one bad Sheriff...

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dojozen

Can google and will see dozens of sources, if you are picky...

www.clarionledger.com...

moved link from middle of post to the top section of it, thanks for pointing out,.

Why would I google it, when I replied you had a barebones OP with no link to a source and no real information about it.

So yeah, I guess from now on I will just google sources for lazy OPs

MY BAD.

Hell just PM me your password and I'll just post for ya next time.
edit on 19-12-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
2 sets of laws as usual.

Fn didn't even post his mugshot.

Where's the color of law enhancement?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

think was and is there, in fact there are 2 links..been there the whole time, was thinking maybe you prefer a certain source and not into mainstream media and like alternative news sources like Alex Jones ...rather new story, so might be a bit early for infowars

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterMcKill
yea, this is just one of many...here is a link to news about a database of bad cops

news.vice.com...

The data set includes 8,006 arrest incidents resulting in 13,623 charges involving 6,596 police officers from 2005 through 2012, with more years of data to come. Nearly half these incidents, Stinson and his research team concluded, were violent.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

It gets worse. Most of them are never charged. Only the sloppy ones are. So what is the real number of bad apples? That is some frightening math. I do not hate cops as people, but I do not trust them as an institution.
edit on 19-12-2018 by MisterMcKill because: Grammar

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You mentioned in the OP of watching "making a murderer"... I watched that as well and was pretty shocked at the conduct of the police and prosecutor.

Have you watched season 2? It really opens up some questions on their evidence.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

yes, been in touch with the law firm on several occasions...

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterMcKill

It gets worse. Most of them are never charged. Only the sloppy ones are. So what is the real number of bad apples? That is some frightening math. I do not hate cops as people, but I do not trust them as an institution.

Sorry...couldn’t help myself...

top topics

join