It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants to pull all US troops from Syria

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

I'm just a guy whose been to war in that part of the world. I've actually known loss in these conflicts.

I'm ready for them to end. Why aren't you?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I'm just a guy whose been to war in that part of the world. I've actually known loss in these conflicts.

I'm ready for them to end. Why aren't you?

BS. You might have known loss in that part of the world, but if you were ever comfortable turning your back on those that helped you survive there, then I don't want to know you.

I have spent time in Mosul and Kabul, not in military service though, but the kind of work where friends matter and you don't leave them behind for slaughter.

This is not about exit or not and you know better if you served.

The word of the US Gov. is currency and the President is trashing it's value in the world. That will cost US lives.

I hope you figure out what to keep and what to leave behind from your time over there.

edit on 21-12-2018 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
War! What is it good for? Absilutely nothing! and so on ... )

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: EternalSolace
We do not belong in Syria. We do not belong as a threat to Russia. Russia was our god damn allies in ww2. Blame the future presidents for the rift in relationships. The US should be as close to the UK as it is to Russia...

I don't know what caused the bull#... but seriously... time to recognize allies as allies and start working together to get humanity off this # hole rock we call earth.

Does this sound like Russia is our Ally ? Not to me...sounds like putin chumped out trump once again.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Sounds like dumb asses making enemies where they need not be.
edit on 12/22/2018 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Veryvery
War! What is it good for? Absilutely nothing! and so on ... )

Well, it's good for profits, for those in the war business.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If you recall, President Trump first wanted to bring our Troops home from Syria, early in the Summer of 2018. Military brass talking him into waiting until they could give him a final report. That report never came. (Military loves wars, like Doctors love diseases.)

Here is the "inside baseball" description of why President Trump chose NOW for getting our brave military men/women out of Syria. The decision was made during a conference call, on Saturday 12/15/2018.

Story: dailycaller.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hey relax, nobody is abandoning anyone. See?? No backs turned. and we even have our partners putting a little more effort and visibility as of recently . I wonder if the Norwegian teams are still in the area? I have not seen them around for a bit.
As a result of the recent build-up of Turkish affiliated Irregular forces, we are continuing our patrols in the nearby countryside, as well as the streets of the town

The French are also remaining in the area.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
12/24/2018

President Trump thanks Saudi Arabia for assuming the U.S.'s role in Syria:

twitter.com...

If Democrats had gotten what they wanted, a severe punishment of that nation, Saudi Arabia would have no desire to do anything that benefits the United States.

Democrats wanted to throw the baby out with the bathwater, simply because Saudi Arabia killed one of their own citizens, Jamal Kashoggi.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
US involvement in the attempt to overthrow the government in Syria should go down in history as one of the most vile things our government has done.

Our Pentagon literally admitted to arming, funding and training terrorists (including a branch of Al Qaeda). Some of these terrorists were literally on videos torturing, beheading and cannibalizing people.

It blows my mind that some Americans support this despicable return to the dark ages where empires hire foreign mercenaries to do their dirty work. Hell was unleashed on the people of Syria and supported by the US. Anyone who thinks we were there as boyscouts fighting ISIS is beyond naive to the point of being willfully ignorant.

As for Mattis, he is a Marine general and his life is about war. War is what he knows and he is good at it. But, Secretary of Defense is a position not just about war but overall what is best for the defense of our nation. What is going on in Syria is not critical for the defense of our nation.

I do not accept the notion that we have to put the boot on the throat of sovereign nations in order to do business with them. And yes, this is all about the business of oil and pipelines. There will be no pipeline going from Qatar through SA, Jordan, Syria, Turkey to feed European demand. Despite all the nations that conspired to realise hell on earth in Syria to make it so.

I am thankful Trump is pulling us out of Syria and I truly hope he doesn't back down from that because of pressure from so called experts, war mongers, business "leaders" and ignorant/corrupt politicians.

Last 2 cents I will add:
The rules of engagement have changed in Syria. Syrian government now says they will exercise their right to defend themselves from Israel by striking like targets in Israel. If Israel bombs a Syrian base or airport, Syria will bomb an Israeli base or airport.

So....
Let's see how long it takes for Israel to test this new defense policy of the Syrian government's. I wouldn't be surprised if this is tested shortly after our ground troops have been safely removed from the Syrian battlefield. Wouldn't even be surprised if Mattis departure is just a smokescreen for a spring offensive on Syria starting with a massive air attack. A "retaliatory" attack in defense of poor Israel who cannot help themselves from continuing to bomb Syria.

Yep, I see the warpath for 2019 shaping up. Hope I'm just an eternal pessimist.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
How much "firepower" does ISIS have? The war-loving mainstream media makes it sound like that terrorist group might blow up the planet without the U.S. holding them at bay.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Strate8
Actually Israel launched a salvo from Lebanese airspace Christmas day. There were some successful strikes, as well as stunning interceptions. Give me a moment to grab the Notebook and I will source 'em here

Jews don't care about Christmas, and neither do Islamic Arabs. I suspect the high number of Christian Arabs in Syria may have been offended though.
edit on 12-27-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Mattis and Kelly both had bipartisan support.

I certainly don't claim to have any special knowledge of Foreign Relations, but...

'Bipartisan support' is how we got in the messes we are in now, so, that is far from what I would call a 'positive'.

Perhaps a little research in international affairs could help with dissipating your ignorance.

So, a warmonger site and the NYTimes, both solidly in the NWO/Globalist war monger camp... yeah, that is some reliable sources you got there...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

originally posted by: projectvxn

So youre a never trumper and Mattis is a war monger.

Mattis is a War Monger?

I may be new around here, but the search function doesn't seem complicated.

Were these your posts when Mattis was chosen?

Snip...

None of those quotes do I disagree with, nor do they mean (to me, when reading them) what you seem to think they mean.

There is a huge difference between supporting a good man at the helm of the DOD who cares about those serving underneath, and believing that the President should follow the lead of the same man when it comes to policy.

Meaning, Mattis can be an awesome commander, but also a war monger. There is no problem, as long as the President doesn't blindly follow the war mongers advice when it comes to policy.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Yes, found it interesting Israelis going with the same playbook that took down the Russian reconnaissance aircraft a few months ago...

www.globalresearch.ca...

Israel launches assault this time using civilian aircraft in the area as cover. Hoping Syrian air defences accidentally shoot down a civilian airliner to drag everyone back to brink of all out war. I hope there is a special place in hell reserved for the Israeli "warplanners" that executed that operation.

Really shows me the total disregard for innocent human life (non-israeli) they have.

I don't see the Syrian conflict winding down. I don't think Israel will accept the now incredibly strong force Hezbollah is now right on their doorstep. Hezbollah had a respectable capability before the Syrian war. Now, I don't doubt that they could decimate Israel if given the word to.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If Israel keeps getting away using the tactic, things will not have changed much.

Exchanging attacks might work. Put up or shut up.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

This is not a question about withdrawing from Syria.

This is a question about how we do it.

The immediate withdrawal President Trump has commanded is abandonment of allies and a forfeit of US power in the region. It is precisely what Vladimir Putin demanded a week prior to President Trump's announcement.

The United States could have very easily negotiated an exit that included safe passage of the local forces that were aiding us in the region and pressed for a political solution to Assad's dictatorial reign that has cost hundreds of thousands of lives and caused the largest migrant crisis in decades.

President Trump simply folded on behalf the of the United States and all of the US promises to it's allies were forfeit.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

This is not a question about withdrawing from Syria.

This is a question about how we do it.

The immediate withdrawal President Trump has commanded is abandonment of allies and a forfeit of US power in the region. It is precisely what Vladimir Putin demanded a week prior to President Trump's announcement.

The United States could have very easily negotiated an exit that included safe passage of the local forces that were aiding us in the region and pressed for a political solution to Assad's dictatorial reign that has cost hundreds of thousands of lives and caused the largest migrant crisis in decades.

President Trump simply folded on behalf the of the United States and all of the US promises to it's allies were forfeit.

It was Erdogan who made the phone call to Trump. Trump surrendered to Erdogan, not to Putin.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CapJe

He didn't really surrender. But it did sound like a real good idea.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: CapJe

He didn't really surrender. But it did sound like a real good idea.

Yes. Trump he did surrender to Erdogan.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
December 29, 2018

IN ADDITION TO THEIR SYRIA HYSTERIA..

How many times can the news media falsely and hysterically sound the apocalypse alarm?

Besides being 100 percent wrong on the election of Donald Trump in 2016, their fear-mongering predictions of doom and condemnation have been wrong on any number of other Trump policies, initiatives and personnel moves.

Those include last year’s tax cuts, eliminating the ObamaCare individual mandate, North Korea, moving the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, the falsely named “Muslim travel ban,” employment and manufacturing increases, Department of Veterans Affairs reform, NATO’s financial accountability, two Supreme Court justices, and repudiation of the Iran nuclear “deal.”

Likewise, White House and cabinet personnel moves were supposed to bring about the end of the republic: Priebus, Tillerson, McMaster, Cohn, McGahn, Sessions, Kelly, Haley – and, now, Mattis.

Well, the country is doing just fine, thank you. We’ve survived and prospered.

No one is truly “irreplaceable.” That notion might bruise D.C. egos and constrain professional biographers, but it’s true.
Excerpted from: www.judicialwatch.org...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join