It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashback: Michelle Obama Is A Moron; Here's Her Princeton Thesis

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Dfairlite

Put your intelligence on the line and show us YOUR collage thesis.

That's RICH!!!

LOLOLOL!!

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

So my question is this: Is the Ivy league a giant joke or is this just the bigotry of low expectations (she graduated in 1985)?

who?
why is this person important?
why do you care what some angry lady thinks?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Yeah what did the man who basically went to secretarial school write his thesis on?

“I went to the Wharton School of Finance,” he said multiple times in a July 11 speech in Phoenix, Ariz. “I’m, like, a really smart person.”

edit on 12202018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

How long before Melania slaps her own name on it?? Lol

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Seriously, quit living in the past. She's not First Lady so why are you so afraid of her?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Abbby

On Michelles thesis? Yeah how soon before she plagiarizes that???

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Smocking gun...... Yeah LOL

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Abbby

On Michelles thesis? Yeah how soon before she plagiarizes that???

It wouldn't work for Melania.

She would be held to a much higher standard and would not be handled with Affirmative Action kid gloves.

edit on 20-12-2018 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

None of my college papers have run on sentences like this....

"If people spend a lot of time around Blacks, do they report feeling more comfortable around Blacks, in a survey, than people who have not spent as much time around Blacks?"

(or would erroneously capitalize Blacks)

This isn't just any old college paper. First, it's a THESIS. Second, it's HARVARD. C'mon. This dribble would get low marks in a community college. And folks talk about white privilege. Privilege is allowing this crap writing to be deemed acceptable.

Granted it isn't really all that relevant, but while Harvard doesn't generally accept morons, I also don't believe Michelle falls into this category. However, I do think it shines a light on how some folks can be given a pass based on other factors. (and no, I'm not going to compare typing and grammar of a forum post to that on a college thesis).

For a forum, you type more in a conversational manner to help the reader with pauses, etc. It is quite different from academic writing.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Clearly you find her intimidating and I find that hilarious

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Seriously, quit living in the past. She's not First Lady so why are you so afraid of her?

Isn't it obvious? 2020 is right around the corner.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Clearly you find her intimidating and I find that hilarious

You find your erroneous conclusion and supposition into what I am thinking, hilarious?

Well, congrats! I wish I was so easily amused!

Intimidated? No. I actually respect her, and her husband. I didn't agree with his policies, or their racially divisive actions and writings, but then I also didn't face their challenges. I think both did an exceptional job as First Family, and representing us diplomatically. However, I disagree with how he made the US an international doormat.

While the goal of this thread is obviously to demean her, I have no wish to attack her personally. But, her thesis, as an academic paper, is abysmal. Criticizing the paper is an entirely different matter.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Who else's thesis will you dig up then? C'mon, be honest. Please do melanias? She is, after all, the sitting First Lady. The fact that you give a rats asp about michelles is very telling

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

"If people spend a lot of time around Blacks, do they report feeling more comfortable around Blacks, in a survey, than people who have not spent as much time around Blacks?"

There is nothing wrong with that sentence. Let me break it down for you.

Main clause: "do they report feeling more comfortable about blacks that people who have not spent as much time around blacks? " I assume you understand that.

Subordinate clause 1:" If people spend a lot of time around blacks" puts a condition on the people in the main clause.

Subordinate clause 2: "in a survey" explains how the people in the main clause report their feelings.

It's not a brilliant thesis, and I found her use of the first person grating, but I've read a hell of a lot worse.

Now, about your own literacy...
edit on 20-12-2018 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

There is nothing wrong with that sentence. Let me break it down for you.

Main clause: "do they report feeling more comfortable about blacks that people who have not spent as much time around blacks? " I assume you understand that.

Subordinate clause 1:" If people spend a lot of time around blacks" puts a condition on the people in the main clause.

Subordinate clause 2: "in a survey" explains how the people in the main clause report their feelings.

It's not a brilliant thesis, and I found her use of the first person grating, but I've read a hell of a lot worse.

Now, about your own literacy...

Nah... let's talk about Trump's literacy. I hear it's bigly beautiful. “like, super genius stuff,’’

edit on 20-12-2018 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

None of my college papers have run on sentences like this....

(or would erroneously capitalize Blacks)

This isn't just any old college paper. First, it's a THESIS. Second, it's HARVARD. C'mon. This dribble would get low marks in a community college. And folks talk about white privilege. Privilege is allowing this crap writing to be deemed acceptable.

Granted it isn't really all that relevant, but while Harvard doesn't generally accept morons, I also don't believe Michelle falls into this category. However, I do think it shines a light on how some folks can be given a pass based on other factors. (and no, I'm not going to compare typing and grammar of a forum post to that on a college thesis).

For a forum, you type more in a conversational manner to help the reader with pauses, etc. It is quite different from academic writing.

It's a Princeton thesis, not Harvard. The word "Black(s)" used in the context of the thesis is a proper noun and should be capitalized. (APA Style rules and guidelines)

Dribble: a thin stream of liquid; a trickle.

The word you're looking for is "drivel" - silly nonsense.

Here's a catalog of Princeton Thesis papers submitted between 1924 and 2018. Most aren't much better than Mrs. Obama's, or worse for that matter.

Princeton University Undergraduate Senior Theses, 1924-2018

Just for fun, I picked a random thesis from the database linked above.

Here is the abstract: "Sustainability and architecture both have complex definitions. Because of this, sustainable architecture has taken on many different forms. Some focus on aesthetic and some focus on energy. This thesis unravels the various pressures, from history, clients, certification systems, and the public, that are pushing on award-winning sustainable architecture. I eventually conclude that though sustainable design has been viewed as restricting, it is actually exciting and generative."

The grammar, punctuation and readability aren't much better or worse than Michelle's.

Honestly, the fact that this thread is listed 2nd on the main page speaks volumes about what this site has become.... Pathetic.
edit on 20-12-2018 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

PS - please do not embarass yourself further by regurgitation of - " mrs obama = a man " idiocies

This is the one that gets me, like how is this not some absurdly self-referential joke at Dfairlight's expense? Its akin to: 'She's so stupid because she doesn't think the earth is flat (Dfairlight smug grin)'

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Grammar:
Comma's are not supposed to be littered throughout every sentence in numbers of 3 or more. Especially this often. Then there are the completely nonsensical parts like this (Which, comically, is her thesis statement):

Grammar:
"Comma's" is a noun and not a possessive, the plural of comma is "commas", no apostrophe.

"Especially this often." is not a sentence, it is a fragment.

"(Which, comically, is her thesis statement)" When a parenthetical phrase or sentence interrupts the middle of a sentence, do not capitalize the first letter inside the parentheses unless, of course, the word is a proper noun or proper adjective.

Really, who needs a flashback to find "GD awful" grammar?

That is a whole lot of fail by someone posing as a member of the grammar police.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think it's a good thesis. I think it's "average" good. If you look at all thesis's across the nation or in the Ivy League with students at her level..you'll find it right in the middle. It's maybe better than I could write, and probably better than most of you could write. Not sure why this is a thread. LOL

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Capitalizing Blacks and Whites is not erroneous in this context. She is referring to population cohorts and it is perfectly OK to capitalize them.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join