It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashback: Michelle Obama Is A Moron; Here's Her Princeton Thesis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

No. It's not a proper noun, especially when it's an adjective. It's only a proper noun when it is a proper name of a nationality or race. Black/white/brown are not proper names of races. They're a descriptive name. African-American is proper as well as a couple others.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

1- Because she's likely to run in 2020 or 2024 and we'll be reminded that she is in fact a super intelligent being.

2- Yep.

PS- It's a harmless joke. She's a public figure. (PS stands for postscript, you shouldn't use it mid-list)

3- I actually agree, which is why I posed the questions I did at the end of my OP

4- Keeping the record straight

PS - Which time? Originally? 2004. Most Recently? 2016. And once in-between.
edit on 19-12-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

His collage thesis? Well he already gave one of his "collage" of theses...

Well at least we know you don't have one...

Jaden

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I will admit that I have no doubt that Michelle is far from being a mental giant, but I also think she is far from being a moron.

Judging someone by their thoughts from their youth is not the best way to determine who they are with any accuracy. Her words as the First Lady were enough for me.

I remember the jokes from high school in 1985. Anyone that hears those jokes out of my mouth would say I'm racist and homophobic.
I'm not.
I wasn't really then.
I was definitely ignorant on both topics.
Our youth is where we are supposed to grow and Michelle is no different.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Well the term African American may be a proper noun, I don't know so much about the proper aspect of it though. Negroid, caucasoid and mongoloid are the proper terms.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

By all accounts Trump was a terrible student. Shouldn't that be more worrisome than a former First Lady?

What about Good Ol' Dubya? How many times did you vote for that moron?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You weren't racist and homophobic then for making jokes and you wouldn't be now. Jokes are jokes,people really need to get a thicker skin.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Nah, he has a list of accomplishments 10 miles long.

Hers are being married to the guy elected president and pushing a school lunch program that was despised nationwide.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Those would also be proper nouns.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

You got starred, son! Daaaaayuum

There's a glitch in the matrix lol!

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

Why is blacks capitalized (3 times)

Probably because -- at least back in the day -- that's how we were taught; to capitalize races in writing/typing, just as if we were writing/typing "Caucasian" or "African." When I worked for the county, they were real sticklers about that. It was considered a sign of respect.

I'm just a little older than Michelle, so I assume she learned the same as I did.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
the thing is when you pick subjects for mind control and start messing with their brains intelligence is going to dwindle.i mean if that is her thesis that means she has completed a degree and what she has done previously has helped her get into a more advanced study, is that right?
In Scotland you would not be able to get to do a dissertation unless you had shown you were at a certain academic standard, and this is coming from someone who has a degree at a mediocre scottish university.

what kind of mark did she receive for this thesis and is it comparable with her peers.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I just read it.

And as a disclaimer, I was not a fan of the Obama administration, and am not a fan of Michelle in any respect.

That said, it was a decent thesis.

I don't know what "grade" or anything of the sort she received for that paper, but there are a couple of things to keep in mind.

If you're not an English major, people are going to look at it differently than if you were. Not to say simple things like grammar and structure don't matter, I'm just saying that as a whole people don't expect for it to be flawless.

The main point of a thesis is the idea. I don't think anything was powerful or moving about this thesis, but it doesn't surprise me a young black woman figuring out life would do a thesis on race relations in the 80's. While we had made great strides, things weren't all hunky dory yet.

I'm sure we could cherry pick most people's thesis who are in the spotlight.
edit on 19-12-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

She graduated Cum Laude. So she's smarter than her peers... at Princeton...?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: ignorant_ape

1- Because she's likely to run in 2020 or 2024 and we'll be reminded that she is in fact a super intelligent being.

So you dreamed this up as a preemptive measure?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

you should see engineering/physics thesis...youd think they were written by high school students if not for the incredibly complex proofs and maths involved...

if im mot a lit or English major, i wouldn't give a toss about semi colons..

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Hot and intelligent. The whole package.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

the only one that matters ... 'motor-boat'

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join