It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thug Judge Emmet Sullivan Brutalized General Michael Flynns Family Today.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Boadicea

didn't say that it would reveal everything that the judge knows, but it will show that there was more than just lying to the fbi that flynn could have been charged with.

and no, it wasn't really directed at you, just kind of adding to your points.

Okay, thank you -- that makes sense to me now!

But charging and convicting are two very different things. I will accept that the judge knows more than we do, but that doesn't mean I would come to the same conclusions as the judge -- or the prosecutors.

and quite frankly, I can live without knowing everything that was revealed to the judge but redacted from the documents that were provided for us. not if it would compromise the investigation or our national security.

That's the first problem... I don't trust anyone enough to be assured that such redactions would in fact and in deed compromise any investigation, much less national security. But I do know that such redactions can also be used for all the wrong reasons.

so, if we happened to have a confessed member of a terrorist group who is cooperating with the gov't, revealing other members of the group, what he knows they have done... you don't see a problem if they just release all that he's told them out to the public (as well as those other members that are now under investigation?

If the authorities are going to use that information to prosecute someone and deny them their rights to life, liberty and/or the pursuit of happiness, then damn right I do. If that would present a problem under their current operating procedures and protocol, then their standard operating procedures and protocol need to be changed so that they can present a proper case with proper witnesses and proper evidence. It's not up to me or us to believe them... it's up to them to prove anything and everything they charge. Especially when we're talking about a capitol offense.

What exactly did Flynn do that constitutes treason? Or sedition? Or anything similar? We have no idea.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You are over-simplifying this...well, accepting a way over-simplified article about this. There apparently exists evidence that Flynn took somewhere around $500k from foreign sources (Turkey?) to influence how he advised Trump on certain matters. If so, the judge would know most likely know about this, and if it's true, the judge was not mistaken when considering him a foreign agent or "arguably" selling out his country.

I like this judge so far--he's also the one that banned a couple federal prosecutors from arguing in his courtroom ever again because of illegally hiding evidence that would have exonerated (or, at the least, cause reasonable doubt for the jury) Sen. Ted Stevens back in 2008...Steven was posthumously exonerated because of that.

I'm a non-nonsense kind of guy when it comes to people who wear the robe, and the thing about being a judge is that you can ignore plea deals if you feel that they are too lenient when considering all evidence of wrongdoing, as the judge has asserted.

Furthermore, if you have ever served in the Armed Forces, as I have, you don't get a free pass for doing illegal stuff, you should be held to an even higher standard. I don't care what Flynn may have done in the military or other federal service--if you act outside of the law, you get punished, and if you get a tough judge that calls you out on it very vocally, so be it.

This judge is not a "thug," he's being what a judge should be. And we need more judges like him in regards to this Mueller investigation--those willing to tell plea deals to [expletive] off because justice is more important than judicial extortion...errr, I mean, plea deals in exchange for "full cooperation."

Also, that is a very terribly written source article/blog/op-ed.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: theBLESSINGofVISION

Not sure how I missed that. What a crappy title. The racial undertones of the thread are pretty obvious.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Congrats you can do definitions.

I thought you were the 'definitions' guy! You of all people should appreciate a nice definition!

"Also definition of Thug:

'Thug, a common criminal, who treats others violently and roughly, often for hire'

Though obviously IMHO the wrong term for the situation, I see nothing in the definition about race.......... "

edit on 12/19/2018 by theBLESSINGofVISION because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: theBLESSINGofVISION

Not sure how I missed that. What a crappy title. The racial undertones of the thread are pretty obvious.

Yeah, Carewemust is a clown.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The #ing hero should not have lied. He's as stupid as his boss.

Defend defend defend..... at all costs....

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Trump haters come in all shapes size and colors. They are the fastest growing segment of society
edit on 12192018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I would move for a miss trial, if this judge was already this bias, its impossible that there was a fair and due process, he clearly already had his mind made up.........

Dear MBTM

It wasn't a trial.

It was a sentencing of a guilty plea.

Flynn got the GAME OVER screen pop up a long time ago.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Im sure he was completely mortified hearing a judge say he sold out his country.
The man whos career was all about defending that country.
He was ashamed. I sympathize but he should have known better.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Its the same type of language the "leftists" use to make words sound like they really cause physical damage to someone.

Broad brush much?

The OP title is awful, agreed, but CWM is simply trying to defend the guilty.
*shrugs* let him have at the delusion.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Him saying he was not going to start prosecuting innocent men who were forced to plead guilty just flew right past you huh?
Where Flynn said he was not forced and that he knew what he was doing and that no he did not want to rescind his guilty plea and go through a trial. While you were reading that transcript which I have your confession that you do not read...you completely failed to absorb this little but very important fact.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

There was no trial so yeah... he pled guilty. The judge took him at his word but questioned that his lawyers made those comments about him being forced to plead guilty so he gave him the opportunity to take that back plead innocent and face a jury of his peers. Flynn declined his offer.
The judge was then facing a guilty man. No bias.. he took him at his word...

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

so it was your opinion

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

it was gateway pundit ... land of stupid headlines and stories to go with them.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Trump haters come in all shapes size and colors. They are the fastest growing segment of society

I'm so mad I threw all my kid rock and ted Nugent cd's in the garbage.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

That is just puffing the feathers....3 month extension...was what it looked like between the lines.

Case will be dismissed is still possible and charges dropped between now and then...is my guess and reason Judge is putting on his poker face...

Otherwise, would have just said 6 months and $10,000 fine, the max....

Unless he really is leaning the treason way and decides Flynn should be charged with treason and failure to do so, shows how the FBI and SC have not been doing their job well,

...the spin flipper for treason would suggest that if he is getting pressured to ask about Treason, that he might be being blackmailed...not sure who investigates the Judge in matters like this.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

We know already that there was much more that Flynn could have been charged with even without reading that.
Mueller laid that out in his plea agreement. Not what the exact charges were but that they were there and they would go after him if he failed to cooperate if he failed to come in when he was called or if he was found to be lying again they would then charge him for all of the crimes.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dojozen

Why would the case be dismissed and the charges dropped? The case is over. Flynn plead guilty. He was given a chance to change his plea and he refused. Last time I checked cases weren't suddenly thrown out when you have a guilty perp.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Well the police don't work that way. They are allowed to not only keep secrets but lie to criminals to get what they want out of them. And if they are getting information about other criminals then they should keep that secret until the others are apprehended. Why would they warn them?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dojozen

The man already pled guilty.... The case does not get dropped or dismissed because that part is past....
we are at the sentencing phase where he gets zero to six months if Muellers recommendations are adhered to or longer if the judge feels so inclined.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join