It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Touching is only wrong when it is male on female, how screwed up is that?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: MisterSpock
Lol

It is crazy though, those strokes off the doctor and nurse were the most natural thing in the world to me, not sexual, pure loving compassion.
...but a male doctor and a female patient, he could potentially be screwed.

That's what's sad, and doesn't fit into modern progressivism.

Male or female, it's about the compassion and the vulnerability. As a Male, a Male doctor trying to help and heal you has the same capacity as a female to sooth your fear.

Its ridiculous to assume it's anything other than their professional, human, compassion the is the source of their actions.

Except.....reee....muh sexual assaults.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Pmsl!
Sexist bastard! I agree lol, lost child is best dealt with by a woman who has had kids. Sexist bastards we may be for asserting it though.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Totally agree, and if it was a male doctor and nurse stroking my shoulder today I'd have felt the same comfort.
Basic pure raw human compassion is found in a stroke from someone.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Totally agree, and if it was a male doctor and nurse stroking my shoulder today I'd have felt the same comfort.
Basic pure raw human compassion is found in a stroke from someone.

And that's why I disregard all this modern age, after the fact bull#.

If I came across a car wreck, or were I one, having another human there, man or woman, trying to comfort me until help(or death) came. Isnt a moment to calculate intersectional feminist or gender roles.

If it's the same rules then, its the same rules always. Hence that butchered Buddhist quote.

I should look it back up, most honest quote I've ever read in my life.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
If I came across a car wreck, or were I one, having another human there, man or woman, trying to comfort me until help(or death) came.

I held a chest wound shut as best I could after a car wreck years ago, stroked the guy telling him he'll be okay until he died.
Stroking is the most human thing I reckon, I know animals do similar, but the human stroke is special.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

but I'll take caring treatment from a touchy feely female doctor any day over a guy doctor.

I'm curious about this statement. Caring touch is caring touch. If you are not ok with a male doctor giving you caring touch, what does that touch mean to you, different from the female doctor touch?

I think everyone should respect everyone's personal boundaries. We don't always know exactly what the boundaries are, but it is not hard to read when someone tenses up or pulls away. Also, people need to be taught from a young age that saying no to unwanted touch is ok and respectable. Kids shouldn't have to hug Aunt Myrna or Uncle Ralph if they don't want to. It sends the wrong message that they must accept unwanted touch to placate someone else's feelings. Bad idea.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
-----------We are at our worst-----------------
-------------------When---------------------------
--------The dictates of our society------------
-Are in direct and fundamental opposition-
------To the dictates of our species----------

P

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here
Oh I clarified my point later, I'd have taken the same strokes off male doctors and felt the same comfort.
I meant more that a male doctor would be less likely to stroke me.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I know what you mean. My very pregnant wife and I once got a holistic rub down by some Maya something or another healer woman.

There was nothing sexual about the atmosphere or the actual practice. There was something like a healing pleasing vibe suddenly.

The female energy being transferred was felt by my wife through the curtain while she waited and was getting ready.

It was funny. I immediately started talking to her to "check in" and later my wife said that she almost busted out laughing because she was debating on sneaking a peek to see what was going on. I was in joy-gasm heaven and she felt the disturbance in the force. Lol

It was incredible actually. I left invigorated almost like I released a cosmic orgasm. Before that, we had gotten worn out by going to the top of a temple retreat on top of a slightly dangerous mountain.

There were parts of the way up the mountain that were beautiful and crazy nerve-wracking. There we were, my family and me fighting to get to the God damned end of this mountain since it was insane to turn back after investing so much time and effort. It felt like a game show. It only got harder and really just made us earn it. LoL

So when we got back down the mountain and I finally laid down for the rub, oh my God I almost left my body. My wife says that her belly rub was beautiful and relieving as well. She got the same masseuse I had. She also had a moment there where I wanted to sneak a peek. LOL.

Anyways, there is something wonderful and powerful about women. It's almost like a blend of superpowers when a woman wants you to feel better /get better.

edit on 12 18 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Anyways, there is something wonderful and powerful about women. It's almost like a blend of superpowers when a woman wants you to feel better /get better.
Totally agree dude.
My life is enriched with my loved female friends. They are special, almost more so than my most loved male friends, maybe just a different love.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Human contact and compassion is a basic and biological phenomenon.

No matter what the sex positions are. However women are surely the more powerful of that dynamic. Its basic science, I dont know why some wish to rewrite such things. Even when the attributes are extolled in a positive fashion.

Why is it that when a young man, projected into battle, that sees the worst of humanity, ends up lying in a ditch bleeding to death will call for his mother? When a fellow man sees him doing such, attempt to fulfill that role, craddleing him and consoling him. Its compassion, more inherit to woman, one of their strong suits of their gender role, but able to be transmitted by men in extreme circumstances.

Gender roles and human nature aren't something we should be seeking to dismantle. It's what makes us what we are and what gives the opposite sexes their strengths and contributes to our system for survival.

I'm really tired of watching "intellectuals" try to dismantle thousands of years of science based on a few decades of junk science.
edit on 19-12-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Women are amazing!
They are different to us men and I don't care if that is a sexist comment lol ...I love the differences.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I had a hospital appointment yesterday, the consultant doctor was female, she shook my head around to induce the vertigo I suffer, it was a horrendous experience, proper dizzy and vulnerable for a good half hour, apparently she could see by my eye movement how bad it was, so that was interesting.
Anyway, in my miserable mood she kept touching/rubbing my shoulder in a caring way, same with the assistant nurse, stroke to my back, just caring touches which almost made me cry.

If a female wants to rub my shoulders or even grab my crotch have at it baby, I'm not very sensitive...lol .

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
Lol I was feeling vulnerable cut me some slack.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Lol I was feeling vulnerable cut me some slack.

The big question is did you pay extra for the happy ending?

To be serous, sometimes I wonder just how all this (use to be normal) human interaction that has turned into sexual assault will change society. Women are the extreme...they can say I'm going to set the record of how many men can screw me in 12 hours straight, or they can say "they guy assaulted me because of the way he looked at me... Damn I'm glad I'm older and married...

edit on 19-12-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: gallop
The problem is todays attitudes.

A male gently touches a woman in any capacity, she cries that he's a sex offender and the world rallies around the woman #metoo.

A female gently touches a man in any capacity, he complains that it's inappropriate and he is laughed at and ridiculed.

That is the problem.

Sorry, I disagree on the second part.

Women are more compassionate and nurturing. Most any man would be fine with a consolation touch from a woman.

Its affectionate, its motherly. A Male doctor had the same capacity to a female patient.

It's meant to be a sign of compassion, a sign of compassion to suffering.

It had been for thousands of years. Only recently have mental midgets morphed it into something sinister.

I don't disagree and nor was that my point. My point was, that if a man does feel someone touching them was inappropriate, they are mocked for saying so. I know there is a difference between someone being overly touchy, and a compassionate reach. But should a guy feel they have had their personal space intruded on, they're not supposed to bring it up, and if they do, they're treated differently, whereas a woman can take someone even saying "Hello" to them as a sign of sexual assault.

Not every male feels comfortable being touched. Personally, I am fine with a female expressing compassion, concern, this way... but if a guy did it, I'd be cringed out.

Simply, there is a double standard in today's society, and the attitudes surrounding these things.

As per the OP, he expressed an opinion, and the first few posts were jovial, as if he should not have an issue, he's a guy, man up buttercup, ooh a woman touched you.

Yet had it been a female member posting how a male doctor did the same, the attitudes would have been different, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I'm wondering if the doctor had been male and I was female would the touching have happened

Yes, it would have. If you felt uncomfortable that a woman doctor was touching you then you could have said, but may not have got far, or you could have got another appointment with a male which may take time.

The NHS (and I guess healthcare in other developed nations) suffers from a fight against stupidity. The stupidity that introduces religion and bigotry into the mix - for example, I'm a Muslim man and will not be helped by a woman nurse, I'm a racist and don't want to be seen by an Asian doctor. In both those examples the ball is firmly on the foot of the healthcare professional who can rightly say "... well you crawl back to you own house then", or "... lie in your own sh!t then".

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I believe that MOST women DON'T want strangers touching them.

I believe MOST men wouldn't mind a pretty female stranger touching them.

Am I wrong?

And if I'm not and the majority feels this way. Then I am fine with that.

For the record I am a male that doesn't like ANYONE touching him.
It's been a problem for me my entire life because I am attractive. Lot's of pretty and ugly girls trying to touch me. Gay guys to. Sucks.

But I side with the majority in most issues. This is one of them.

But really people shouldn't be touching anyone they are not sure wants them to.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I've been in a similar situation. A few years back I had to have a berries check (catch my meaning?) for cancer and the Doctor was female, she told me to go behind the curtain and drop my trousers but then walked in with a male Nurse, without warning and it was a bit of a shock, I said that it was fine for it to be just her I wasn't going to accuse her of anything and her words were "Oh he isn't here to be a witness for you. He is here for my protection" which took my breath away (and that was before the cold hands) I asked what she meant, that I've never attacked anyone and she just shrugged and said "Sorry it's just that we have rules we have to follow" and then went on with the appointment.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
Every time I get treated I'm just grateful to whoever it is, I say thank you a lot, especially when the 'treatment' is just basic compassion like a stroke on the shoulder.
I've had my taxes worth of treatment this year, heart monitors, scans etc, I can't imagine living in a country without tax funded healthcare, must be wretched if you are skint and get sick.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join