It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Flex drivers -- we'll see how long they last

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
www.thestate.com...

I ordered a birthday gift for my son and it showed delivered, but I never received it.

I checked with neighbors and gave a good second look outside. I was home all day when it said it was
delivered and did not see a truck once.

So I called Amazon, and they transfer me to logistics.
So here is the weird thing, they just refunded me instantly, and
gave me an additional credit for the hassle. It was not an inexpensive item either.
He said that my package was delivered with Amazon Flex driver which is like Uber for packages.
Sounds like they have had a lot of "missing" items.

Then I hear on the news that Amazon is setting traps because some of their drivers are stealing packages.
Then I read on NextDoor that a bunch of neighbors are missing packages!

I was glad they didn't give me a hassle and refunded right away, but now i'm bummed because the item is out of stock and
he won't get it for his bday and is not an item I can get locally

and even if I did reorder would I ever actually get the item?
Amazon needs to rethink this form of delivery!

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

A friend applied he said they install an app on their phone and snap of picture of where they leave the package, as part of how they scan it 'out' during dropoff.
edit on 18-12-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

A friend applied he said they install an app on their phone and snap of picture of where they leave the package, as part of how they scan it 'out' during dropoff.

That's smart, BUT what stops a driver from snapping a pic and scooping up the parcel after the pic?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Alexa.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Besides the temp. driver saying "I promise promise..." I guess someone ought to snap a pic to see if they have their fingers crossed.. Just another reason to buy Chris†mas™ stuff on Dec. 26th+ It gets delivered by 'real pros' But reason #1 for the 2,018th year in a row is still Jesus wouldn't want You to cut down a living tree and get further in debt buying crap...

Noel

Happy Harmonica

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Besides the temp. driver saying "I promise promise..." I guess someone ought to snap a pic to see if they have their fingers crossed.. Just another reason to buy Chris†mas™ stuff on Dec. 26th+ It gets delivered by 'real pros' But reason #1 for the 2,018th year in a row is still Jesus wouldn't want You to cut down a living tree and get further in debt buying crap...

Noel

Happy Harmonica

It wasn't a Christmas present, It was a birthday gift for my son, a much needed item for his car. It was not something we could get locally. His car is old and is fully paid off, so please don't assume #1 Christmas #2 Debt, or #3 that i'm religious

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Apparently flex drivers get fired for nothing, it’s all based on an algorithm. I have herd terrible stories of people making so much money driving flex, they quit their jobs and buy delivery vans only to get fired in a few months. I don’t see people banking on it for long.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I don't have anything to complain about with Amazon's Flex couriers so far, everything I've ordered that was delivered via them has shown up on time.

For $18-$25 per hour (depends on cargo capacity of the vehicle/vehicle size) the delivery drivers that come through these parts don't seem remotely willing to f# up a good cash cow job.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Last year, right around this time (my son’s b-day, too) we had ordered a rather pricey gift, and then it “showed” online that it had been delivered.
We hadn’t received it though, so we let Amazon know.
They said they’d send another, yet the next morning the flex driver dropped off the original item.
That afternoon, THE SAME DRIVER dropped off the resent item, meaning we got two of the item.
We called Amazon to let them know we had received two of the same items.
Amazon told us to keep them both because they wouldn’t be able to get a driver out to pick it up.
This was a +$250 item.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I don't have anything to complain about with Amazon's Flex couriers so far, everything I've ordered that was delivered via them has shown up on time.

For $18-$25 per hour (depends on cargo capacity of the vehicle/vehicle size) the delivery drivers that come through these parts don't seem remotely willing to f# up a good cash cow job.

Oddly enough, I think this is the first package sent with Flex, everything else has come with the regular mail, even larger items. I wonder if it is just a growing pains thing since it is new out here or something. I know our addresses are confusing to new drivers, but I literally have my house numbers on FOUR different places.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
iv done flex good money if you have it in you

yes they just replace the packages some drivers steal them sometimes other people steal them or even the customers claiming they never recived when they did

complex issue if you recive packages regularly when your not home a large mailbox that spacificaly states amazon ups fedex on the box if it says usps no one but usps can touch it and a camera ... why people will spend 10k a year online but not 100 bucks on a simple camera i dont know

theift rate is really really high people will follow a delivery driver stealing everything behind them for a common criminal its a good payday

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
We order tons of stuff from Amazon and other places on the net (living so far out in the country).

One time an Amazon Flex driver showed up in a seriously beat up old Hertz rental cube truck (which had been resold on the auction market). This thing was beat to crap and rusted out. I had just gotten out of the shower and I heard the dogs go nuts, so I was clandestinely watching out the window. First, this guy jumps out and goes around back inside the truck. Then, to my SHOCK, the passenger door opens up and 3 kids jump out (ages 5-8)...and then a freaking DOG jumps out! The kids are running around on the lawn, running over by the tractors, and the dog is peeing all over the place marking his spots. Of course my dogs are going crazy. I would have let the dogs out, but one of the dogs is pretty protective (and doesn't mess around with strangers at all), so I thought better of it.

The driver finally emerged from the back of the truck with a (mangled) package and set it on the porch. It was only clothes so no biggie on the 'mangling'. Then he calls his kids over along with the dog and they all load up and drive off.

Amazon FLEX can jamb that crap where the sun don't shine!! Alternate drivers are one thing, but bringing the whole family is a whole other matter!! I called Amazon, but you can't talk to a human at Amazon (just try it sometime). Never heard back.

My experience with Flex was not positive.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

My sister shops Amazon until recently, she sent 2 pckgs to my place, and I received none. She got the picture of the package on the ground somewhere, but I have no idea where it actually was because the pic showed the package on cement somewhere that I am not familiar with.

Then I found a neighbors package and let her know; she orders all the time too.

Imo you have a better chance of getting hit by an asteroid than receiving your package

new topics

top topics

join