It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... today I got punched in the face at work

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I’ll bet he has a completely different story.

You didn’t mention a witness.

This might be called mutual combat.

I’ll bet he says you swung first.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

No offense but I read a lot of your posts, and you come up with some pretty big woppers.

In short, I think you like to tell stories, this thread wasnt about you, it was about someone else, why make it about you? I mean i get you like to "brag" but ????

He was jealous . I guess I was kind of a show off and he didn't like it. I drove my 1930 cherry Burgundy maroon Model A ford with a rumble seat and gray velvet interior to class a couple times, and my 1971 Cherry Chevelle hot rod, and my 4 wheel drive Suburban, and I "dressed to kill" in slick clothing, real alligator boots... You get the picture.

BS why would he be jealous?

Everyone I had told looked at me looked at me in a different way, many with an awe or fear. Even my best friends and mate.

BS

So then the Police came to my door. Detectives. They said " We need you to help us. We need you to testify that this guy was a real bad dude, and we had to shoot him".

More BS theres no reason they would come to you, someone totally unconnected other than an altercation weeks before.

They said oh yeah we did. He was in court that morning on 2 charges. One was hitting you, and the other was for a drive by shooting from the car.

Again BS , he wouldnt be in court for assault on you unless you pressed charges. And if he was there for a drive by shooting, he wouldnt have been free to roam around he would be detained, not roaming around to be shot later.

She escaped and brought back the boys in blue. He attacked the cop who was cuffing his brother, kicking him into a chain link fence and was shot by the partner and commanded to stay down. He answered OK, but jumped up again and went at the officer. The cop emptied his service pistol right into his chest.

Oh come on man

Everything I have told you is true.

If this is true than Im an alien with supernatural powers

again no offense but then you make 3 more posts that are about you and not the OPs situation, to show off your car? Come on man
edit on 19-12-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: Macenroe82

I'm surprised I'm seeing this so differently than others. Physical violence is unacceptable in the work place, so I would fire that guy. Hands down. Out of here.

It was not the OP's place to intervene. If there is a problem with another employee, it should be reported to a supervisor to be handled, and don't take it upon yourself to try to discipline another worker. It's out of line.

After verbally jumping on him the first time, the guy then make a mistake and apologized in his way by saying it was an accident.
He was then insulted and threatened with "you better watch yourself" which could certainly have been taken as a threat, perhaps a violent one. Again, completely out of line.

The OP I wouldn't fire, but he would certainly be lectured about how inappropriate his actions were, and if I wanted him to supervise other workers, I would promote him for such a task. I would then put a document in his personnel file outlining the event, and place him on leave without pay for a week.

Call me a hard ass. I just couldn't have that in my workplace.

eta: Thinking about this further, if he had given the OP a concussion or injured him otherwise requiring medical attention (I would be on the hook for workman's comp or if I didn't fire the guy knowing he was violent, I would be facing a law suit for not providing a safe working environment and/or continuing to allow someone on my premises that I knew was violent.

I see someone starred my post, so maybe someone agrees with me.

I totally agree with you

Ill also add, whether the guy was being lazy or not, mouthing off to people where I come from usually does end up in someone getting smashed, its not the internet.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
lol that was hilarious not op but visted wtf did i just read ahhaha

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
lol that was hilarious not op but visted wtf did i just read ahhaha

He should write screen plays or short stories

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Any form of violence in the workplace is instant dismissal nowadays.

Used to be common place in the car park etc after work but not so much now.

You thought he was being lazy, perhaps you could have worded things differently.

Hopefully your bosses won't find out about it and you'll both still have jobs.
If so then as others have said I think you both owe each other a few beers.

I've got no first hand experience of Samoan's but I do know those Fijians are a rough bunch when they get going!

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
misread /invalid
edit on 12/19/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Nobody told you about those islanders? Somebody should have told you. At least you admit that it was your fault and you had no business talking to people that way. (Both times)

He shouldn’t have punched you of course. He’ll prob get fired unless you go speak up for him. Either way, you both owe eachother a beer.

Huh? A maori/islander deserves to get away with things for... reasons? Owes him a beer?

lol

what is this, swift and shift?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: visitedbythem
and yes I have had altercations with Samoans, both good and bad. Yes I know exactly what they are like.

My favourite part was when everyone was pulling him away from me and he started doing the Haka... It was like, WTF dude?

Your Samoan, not mauri!

Pigmy Moa!!!

Oh that is just lol.. he's obviously not fit to work with.

sic 'em... kia ora bru !!!

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Not to be judgmental or anything but calling someone a "fatass" are fighting words where I'm from. I'm surprised he didn't punch you after you called him that, he actually seemed to have showed some restraint.

I'm not saying he's right for punching you but you were kinda asking for it, especially if he didn't mean to almost smack someone in the face on the second altercation.

He should be fired or at least be suspended without pay though.

Lmao..

This, from a land where guns are plenty... "Fatass" deserves a punch...

Who knows what it'd take for you to shoot someone... a "yo mama" joke?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Not to be judgmental or anything but calling someone a "fatass" are fighting words where I'm from. I'm surprised he didn't punch you after you called him that, he actually seemed to have showed some restraint.

I'm not saying he's right for punching you but you were kinda asking for it, especially if he didn't mean to almost smack someone in the face on the second altercation.

Lmao..

Is this a troll or?????

I conceal Cary daily.... Have since I was 21.....

Even been in a few scrapes while armed.... Never pulled it........

Just because people carry or get in fights doesn't mean we're going to shoot someone......

I'm always fascinated and perturbed at the giant leaps some of you guys make in logic.....

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

We have what's called the Internal Responsibility System here - or the IRS for short.
If you see something - you own it, until its corrected.
Until we all start taking accountability for not only our own but each other's safety, there will always be incidents like this.
The current safety culture on most job sites can be blamed for the majority of "Accidents"
Look at every workplace safety violation that resulted in lost time. I'm sure you will see a trend of - the Wrong tool for the job, Not wearing the proper PPE, done it million times like this - complacency.

Because my work environment is known for causing death or disability, whenever we have a new task we are unfamiliar with, we meet up and fill out a Risk Assesment Matrix.
Then we find a way as a team to mitigate those risks, either by eliminating the risk/danger, Engineering a proper tool for the job, following written procedures... etc

Safety in the workplace is a passion of mine. I have lost too many friends over the years to stupid accidents that could have been completely avoidable.
This goes out to everyone;
If anyone would like to discuss how to improve not only the safety but the entire safety culture in their workplace, send me a message.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well, after reading the OP and the balance of the thread, I guess my first reaction is....

'Payback is a MF'r!"

Clearly the OP has thought over what happened. I suspect the other party has too.

OP, I'd probably let it ride (for now). Say not a word. Be vigilant, and proud...and remember to keep that first sentence (here) as a gleam in your eye (and maybe a smirk on your face) as you go about your daily work chores. Your aggressor won't know what to think. Worrying about what he doesn't know will drive him crazy. And ultimately, he will likely want to make amends with you just so he can stop worrying.

Silence sometimes can be a formidable weapon!
edit on 12/19/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

If you haven't gotten punched in the face at work then you aren't doing it properly.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

In principle, I have absolutely NO objection to workplace safety, BUT...

We (you and I) could have a multi-page conversation / debate about this subject which would be WAY off-topic. And, not to be cavalier, but clearly you have drank the corporate cool-aide in some respects. I mean no offense to you personally about this, but coming from a mammoth corporate culture myself I can tell you...If you think for one NY second the company actually truly cares for your well-being and safety you would be sorely mistaken! What they really care about is their insurance premiums, their civil liability and their bottom line!

If they could put you on a roof 100' feet off the ground without a harness with no insurance premium risk, and no civil liability risk, and you could be more productive as a result, then guess what? It would be a 'termination' level offense to wear a safety harness!! It's all about money! Don't ever think otherwise!!!

I'd be willing to bet you, your company has a policy where any minor injuries have to go to a "Clinic" first before going to someplace like an "ER". And, I suspect you also know why this is too...to keep it from being a "recordable" OJI. Under workplace injury laws there is a difference.

Anyway, this is probably topic for another thread.

edit on 12/19/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Am I only one who thinks you were asking for it?

Don't run your mouth if you are a fanny...

Keep your head down and get on with your own sh!£.

Not making excuses for the assault, but surely you had warning signs.

If I was in his position and thought you had threatened me (rightly or wrongly) I might just have done the same and told you to mind your own damn business.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Sounds like a case of someone sticking nose into someones buisness and calling ou t a big dude getting their ass kicked,you should of reported him to a supervisor instead of taking things into your own hands,and as far a Pacific Islanders I know many that are hard workers,kind of racist of you to specify his origin

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Lmao..

Is this a troll or?????

I conceal Cary daily.... Have since I was 21.....

Even been in a few scrapes while armed.... Never pulled it........

Just because people carry or get in fights doesn't mean we're going to shoot someone......

I'm always fascinated and perturbed at the giant leaps some of you guys make in logic.....

So you also think calling someone a fatass means they deserve a punch in the face? orrrr?

What does it take to shoot someone, if that is the case? I mean, you did read the same post I did, yeah?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
So much of this thread is "You deserved it!"...

If telling a co-worker they're being slack means they deserve to be physically assaulted, I am at a loss.

If words make physical violence OK, damn... no wonder SJW think they're in the right.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Nobody told you about those islanders? Somebody should have told you. At least you admit that it was your fault and you had no business talking to people that way. (Both times)

He shouldn’t have punched you of course. He’ll prob get fired unless you go speak up for him. Either way, you both owe eachother a beer.

Huh? A maori/islander deserves to get away with things for... reasons? Owes him a beer?

lol

what is this, swift and shift?
Op plainly said that the guy was working on his phone, when op starts cussing at him, and then later said it is not his job to call out his coworkers.

I also said, the guy should not have punched OP.

Op started this fight. Islander finished it. Equally to blame. Either fire them both, or let them make up. Those would be my options.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join