It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... today I got punched in the face at work

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
He needs to be fired.
End of story.
I've had to deal with to many people like him over the years. They are always a cancer on company morale.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Learn to fight, a big guy shouldn't even be able to connect.

Probably good advise, if it happened offsite and your very livelihood wasn't at risk.

I don't know what's gonna happen when I rock up for work tonight.... But I figure the best thing I have going for me, is that I took the punch and didn't retaliate.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

No, just good advise. Your livelihood is more at risk when punched in the head by huge people.

I'd get to mngmnt asap as far as job security.

This dbag should be able to handle disagreements or complaints w/o punching someone.

..especially w/o gloves. You can kill people easily that way. If not the hit, the head striking the concrete after.

Good luck buddy, just don't get defensive, stay calm and they will prob back you, like they should.

Otherwise get a payout and move on.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Ive got a better one then that.

A Mexican gangster (also a boxer/ weight lifter) assaulted me at college unprovoked . He was jealous . I guess I was kind of a show off and he didn't like it. I drove my 1930 cherry Burgundy maroon Model A ford with a rumble seat and gray velvet interior to class a couple times, and my 1971 Cherry Chevelle hot rod, and my 4 wheel drive Suburban, and I "dressed to kill" in slick clothing, real alligator boots... You get the picture.

The teacher tells me that guy has it out for me. I had never even spoken to him, nor insulted, nor argued with him. One day, while I had both hands full, I hear him behind me state that I had stolen his 2 dollar bondo board. As I turned round, stating that I would never steal from anyone and he was welcome to see the receipt that I had in my Van to prove it, ( I forgot the van. 73 GMC , cherryed out, no window, panel van, Teak parkay hardwood floor ,T-top sunroof, hand made custom stainless one of a kind grille, with miter cut, silver soldered brass tubes, oh, and hot rod engine.

So as I turned, hands full, this guy leaps at me with a right jab, with a big gold ring, and knocks me to the ground, cutting my mouth open below my lower lip, so you could see inside my mouth with it closed. He then took off running. He ran around the corner, then doubled back into a large group of Hispanics who were sitting eating tacos on the greenbelt, as if he represented all of them.

I picked myself up, and began walking toward him. I pointed at him as I walked, saying " YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ME! In an instant, the assistant teacher, who was a black belt in Praying mantis style martial arts, was between us. In less then one minute, campus police were there arresting him. I gave a statement to the cops, then went to the hospital to get stitched.

I then proceeded to tell everyone I knew that he would not be alive very long. I was not threatening to harm him though.

This is private but I will tell you anyway. I had prayed to God in Yashua's name and forgave him as required.

31 days later I get a call from work. Its my boss, frantic, out of breath, asking "what was that guys name who hit you"? Was it R-----o S-------o? I said yes. He exclaimed " He has been shot dead by the Police!

Everyone I had told looked at me looked at me in a different way, many with an awe or fear. Even my best friends and mate.

So then the Police came to my door. Detectives. They said " We need you to help us. We need you to testify that this guy was a real bad dude, and we had to shoot him". I said " You want me to testify against a dead gangster. You are crazy, and furthermore, you never did anything to help me". They said oh yeah we did. He was in court that morning on 2 charges. One was hitting you, and the other was for a drive by shooting from the car.

He went out that night with his friends and brother, using meth and alcohol, and attempted to carjack a female off duty cop. She escaped and brought back the boys in blue. He attacked the cop who was cuffing his brother, kicking him into a chain link fence and was shot by the partner and commanded to stay down. He answered OK, but jumped up again and went at the officer. The cop emptied his service pistol right into his chest.

There was an open casket viewing right down the road from where I work, and I went and stood over him, and saw that stupid little grin they left on his face.
Everything I have told you is true.

edit on 18-12-2018 by visitedbythem because: My screen locked up

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is me on Maui, where I lived, and yes I have had altercations with Samoans, both good and bad. Yes I know exactly what they are like. Im too tired of typing to tell you the story of how a truckload of them chased me down. I escaped.

My advice, is tell God you forgive the guy, and see what happens for you

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
PS Any mod, who deletes my post, after all that work, typing, one letter at a time, its ok. Don't worry, I forgive You

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
and yes I have had altercations with Samoans, both good and bad. Yes I know exactly what they are like.

My favourite part was when everyone was pulling him away from me and he started doing the Haka... It was like, WTF dude?

Your Samoan, not mauri!

Pigmy Moa!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

My dad was a drill sergeant and he trained tens of thousands of people.

I remember him vividly telling us that the strongest people on earth were the Samoans.

He said one day this Samoan private got mad and ripped an entire steel locker set off of a wall.

I remember being a little girl and the way he described it I envisioned them being like the incredible hulk.

No way I'd ever pick a fight with them!

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

F the lazy bastard. You owe no loyalty to him. Cover your own arse.

^^^this^^

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
He struck you.

Words are not violence.

It’s isnt up to you now.

Would you feel quilty if he snapped and hurt somebody ?

And you saved his job...

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

But also, as much as I dislike this bloke and personally think his a useless lazy worker... I do not want to see the guy lose his job over some stupid argument we had!

That's just something I seriously do not want on my conscious.

Well, if you hear they are firing him, you can go to the bosses and tell them you were the aggressor.
Because, um, you were. Three times.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Not to be judgmental or anything but calling someone a "fatass" are fighting words where I'm from. I'm surprised he didn't punch you after you called him that, he actually seemed to have showed some restraint.

I'm not saying he's right for punching you but you were kinda asking for it, especially if he didn't mean to almost smack someone in the face on the second altercation.

He should be fired or at least be suspended without pay though.
edit on 12/18/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

In a work environment safety is and always should be priority number one.
No safety glasses on your face, gloves, hard hat, high viz or any other job specific PPE = immediate dismissal here.
Hell I’ve been to other mine sites that it’s an immediate firing if you don’t use the handrail - 3 points of contact at all times.
You did the right thing.
Possibly even saved his life someday down the road.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I'm surprised I'm seeing this so differently than others. Physical violence is unacceptable in the work place, so I would fire that guy. Hands down. Out of here.

It was not the OP's place to intervene. If there is a problem with another employee, it should be reported to a supervisor to be handled, and don't take it upon yourself to try to discipline another worker. It's out of line.

After verbally jumping on him the first time, the guy then make a mistake and apologized in his way by saying it was an accident.
He was then insulted and threatened with "you better watch yourself" which could certainly have been taken as a threat, perhaps a violent one. Again, completely out of line.

The OP I wouldn't fire, but he would certainly be lectured about how inappropriate his actions were, and if I wanted him to supervise other workers, I would promote him for such a task. I would then put a document in his personnel file outlining the event, and place him on leave without pay for a week.

Call me a hard ass. I just couldn't have that in my workplace.

eta: Thinking about this further, if he had given the OP a concussion or injured him otherwise requiring medical attention (I would be on the hook for workman's comp or if I didn't fire the guy knowing he was violent, I would be facing a law suit for not providing a safe working environment and/or continuing to allow someone on my premises that I knew was violent.

I see someone starred my post, so maybe someone agrees with me.

edit on 12/18/2018 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Learn to fight, a big guy shouldn't even be able to connect.

They swing like they are under water.

Better let management know it wasn't a mutual fight dude.

i wouldent go around assuming every big guy is slow thats a quick way to get hurt bad

as to the op you didnt swing back ... your a better man than i am i would of lost my job

iv delt with alot of islanders growing up id be in fights with them weekly strong and they can run ungodly fast for there size

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Ummm...damn...couldn’t have happened to a finer fella...

Couldn’t be you deserved it...could it now...?

Hmmm...?

YouSir

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

You brought up some things I agree with. I was cringing when he described the prepunch verbal confrontation. Those are things we don't do even as shop super for 28 years. We do not instigate or escalate a situation. Especially with someone like that. You don't get something started. If it does start, we de escalate, without showing cowardice, because that can be a problem as well. Blood in the water.

I presume the Samoan will be terminated, unless there is very poor leadership in the work place.

Either way, I would be on guard, and carry pepper spray.
Always look way down the road, and consider all possible scenarios. Be prepared

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I would fire both of you.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...damn...couldn’t have happened to a finer fella...

Couldn’t be you deserved it...could it now...?

Hmmm...?

YouSir

Yeah, like you are doing right now? Come on man. Were do we draw the line? I guess in your opinion I should hjave fed a hot lunch to the guy that hit me > You know, the guy hit me, that I had never even spoken to.....

No, It wasn't my place, nor my job. I left it to the boys in blue. Just because I have the most powerful production hand gun on the planet, doesn't mean I use it on somebody who mouths off or offends me, or even takes a swing. Just because he is more muscular doesn't give him the right to grind Sub into the dust, weather I agree with his posts on here or not. What if everybody behaved like that. Gentlemen don't do that

edit on 18-12-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
What did you think was going to happen...you allowed and encouraged things to escalate...you were the catalyst of the entire problem....and you were the trigger for the violent act....al of it voluntarily as you explain it...you had business and it should have been what was on your mind...instead another person was on your mind and you ended up baiting them until they crawled up on your arse....you are fired for inciting unrest in the workplace using profanity on another employee and for aggressively inciting and then willingly participating in a fist fight at work.....the other dude gets a week off with no pay but his job back for willingly participating in a fight.

I have spoken up as you have done but ready to duke it out if the dime drops every time knowing the thin ice one treads on when they start telling other people what to do without any authorisation....next time have your own gloves off and your guard up....lol..or keep your yap shut and deal with it.....lol....I love fisticuffs at work as long as no one loses an eye.....lol.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join