It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic UFOs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: markymint

"Giant UFOs" are almost exclusively an American phenomenon.

....s.

Uh, no. They are reported around the world. In SOME cases, SOME of the reports have a common cause [non-alien] that UFO salesmen prefer to ignore. But a thorough study of that subset of reports can provide useful insights on similar reports around the world, INCLUDING the Phoenix lights.

www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

In the Stephenville, TX sighting, the witness couldnt see the edges of the craft it was so large.

A close-range daytime sighting too.

Must have been terrifying.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I think they are galactic versions of our ocean "cruise ships".

Possibly thousands of beings onboard, with some taking smaller ships down to Earth to observe, run tests on a few humans, taste cattle, look under the oceans, etc..

The ships "anchor"... aliens "come ashore" for a time.. then move on to the next galactic destination of interest.

Wouldn't you LOVE to be aboard one of those for a few years? If they have love life-spans, 10 years to us, would only be short vacation to them.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
On OP's note.

I dig through the MUFON records from time to time.

There are actually many wide scale/MASSIVE UFO sightings that you won't hear about on the History channel, nor Youtube for that matter.

I've read many fantastical giant UFO reports in the MUFON database, that I've NEVER heard of before.

If you want UFO "original content" MUFON reports is one of the few places you can read about the less popular ones.

There are literally thousands of cases, you've NEVER heard of. Some of which feature UFO's in the size range of a full city block.

(Just recently read about one that stretched over an entire neighborhood, shut down power to the whole area, and was described as a gigantic floating rectangle over the whole area, before shooting up and out of sight. Power returned to the area, afterwards.)
I had NEVER heard of a case like that before, it allegedly had multiple witnesses even.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
On OP's note.

I dig through the MUFON records from time to time.

There are actually many wide scale/MASSIVE UFO sightings that you won't hear about on the History channel, nor Youtube for that matter.

I've read many fantastical giant UFO reports in the MUFON database, that I've NEVER heard of before.

If you want UFO "original content" MUFON reports is one of the few places you can read about the less popular ones.

There are literally thousands of cases, you've NEVER heard of. Some of which feature UFO's in the size range of a full city block.

(Just recently read about one that stretched over an entire neighborhood, shut down power to the whole area, and was described as a gigantic floating rectangle over the whole area, before shooting up and out of sight. Power returned to the area, afterwards.)
I had NEVER heard of a case like that before, it allegedly had multiple witnesses even.

My Brother and Dad had a sighting like that 15 years ago or so, it had rectangular segments all attached with cross members and was as big as a few city blocks plus moved from overhead when spotted to the east horizon in 15 seconds. After the sighting they mentioned it but had to really concentrate on the memory of it in order to remember details, as if it affected them to forget what they saw, and it also made them not care that this effect happened to them.

Pretty strange one.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

It's been a while...

Let me see what I can find, if anything... As I recall, it was episodes from the 50's or 60's that I read about when I was 12 or there abouts.

I'll see what I can do!!

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Huh, it's actually easier than I thought...

The actual event that I was thinking about when I made my comment earlier has, apparently, been debunked by our own James Oberg in this article here. There maybe some names in there to help...

This gentleman is one of the astronomers mentioned, why I remember this, I don't know...the book itself was by Donald Keyhoe called Aliens from Space.

edit on 12/19/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

There's a military base near there. Most likely a black project.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

The actual event that I was thinking about when I made my comment earlier has, apparently, been debunked by our own James Oberg in this article here. There maybe some names in there to help..

May 17, 2107, marked the 50th anniversary of the first mass witnessing in southern Russia, just at evening twilight, of a crescent-shaped glowing object that puzzled observers then and for decades afterwards. It actually was the forward-thrusting braking rocket plume of a test flight of a Soviet space-to-ground thermonuclear warhead delivery system, later designated 'Fractional Orbit Bombardment System" [FOBS] by the US [Moscow called them 'scientific research satellites']. More than half a dozen evening twilight repetitions of the apparition followed through the end of the year, then they stopped. In the USSR they sparked wide public enthusiasm for 'alien visitors' obviously seeking insights into the planet's most ideological advanced society, but once Moscow officials realized the witnesses were actually providing detailed performance descriptions of the deorbit rocket guidance techniques of their treaty-busting first-strike weapon, they terminated all media coverage of the sightings. The events live on today in some circles as unexplainable phenomena. I wrote about this for OMNI magazine some years ago....

I recently did a longer fully-illustrated explanation of those sightings here:
satobs.org...

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Thanks bud!

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticalOverlord

There's a military base near there. Most likely a black project.

That's very possible.
San Diego also brings to mind the Nimitz incident of 2004.

The USS Nimitz Encounter (2004)

On November 14, 2004, the aircraft carrier USS Princeton noted an unknown craft on radar 100 miles off the coast of San Diego. For two weeks, the crew had been tracking objects that appeared at 80,000 feet and then plummeted to hover right above the Pacific Ocean.

When two FA-18F fighter jets from the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz arrived in the area, they first saw what appeared to be churning boiling water in an oval shape underneath the surface. Then, in a few moments, a white Tic Tac-shaped object appeared above the water. It had no visible markings to indicate an engine, wings or windows, and infrared monitors didn't reveal any exhaust. Commander David Fravor and Lt. Commander Jim Slaight of Strike Fighter Squadron 41 attempted to intercept the craft, but it accelerated away, re-appearing on radar 60 miles away. It moved three times the speed of sound and twice the speed of the fighter jets.

Source

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

And what is the first line of that Express article?

Triangle UFOs are being reported across the globe, but mainly in the USA.

So if you're associating the triangle UFOs with being giant UFOs...

I stand by what I say. When you attach the word "giant" to "UFOs" it's mostly a craze out of America. Americans are well known for calling things giant, mega, etc...blowing things out of proportion, let's say! I capitalize on America's obsession with giant things. It makes me good money. And other countries have their obsession over giant things but not as much as North America (granted, Japan is another big one, but giant UFOs over Japan? barely..!). You tell me why that is, why America is obsessed with things being huge (like meals, and buildings, and silicon boobies, and air forces, and nuclear arsenals, and presidential egos, etc etc) I don't know, as long as they keep payin' I don't really care..! But it's a thing. You and I both know it's a thing with that country. Yes that blurry triangle image, yes there are other reports elsewhere but again, not the majority.

Also, I'm more inclined to get my data from actual witness reports from databases, than from inflated news articles. I guarantee you trawl the databases and you will not see reports similar to say Phoenix (sighting part 1 that is, not part 2) repeating in many other places around the world. (and I keep mixing up Kecksburg with some other American town one of a giant UFO that is a very cool report and much better example than Phoenix, but I can't remember the place name off top of my head.. Stephensville? Yes, Stephenville 2008: en.wikipedia.org... )

Here's the thing. If you want to go with "giant UFOs are everywhere" that's fine, then your brain has to tackle that theory and try to rationalize why they're everywhere. Good luck with that. I'm sticking with they're mostly American reports and looking into it from that angle because it gives me personally, more grounding to work from. We know USA has Area 51 for example. Area 51 + Giant UFOs = reason? We know the land mass of America is very large with vast open spaces which could also be a reason why they are "attracted" to that location. Cos here in the UK we don't have an Area 51 nor do we have "giant" UFOs. That's just how I work with these reports and the bigger picture - attempt to scale it down. The same way in mathematics, to tackle the large sums you often create a scaled down one that's easier to work with (or sth, not a mathematician).

If you don't consider any cultural facets then you're doing your own research a disservice, IMO. But each to their own.

And fundamentally, I look at all this stuff from the lens of my own experiences, which never involved anything of "giant" size, but plenty of normal size. Local reports have an array of UFO landings and they were never giant craft, and local/national reports rarely, if ever, include "football pitch" terminology. I will always listen carefully to those with a "giant UFO" experience and I'm sure someone like David Marler would weigh in some interesting info on the subject. Folks can study it from whatever angle they so choose, mine is that it's mostly an American phenomenon, or at least, "giant ufos" are mostly concentrated in North America...

Not that there have been any giant UFO reports out of anywhere since the Jersey UFO and how long ago was that now? 8 years? edit. 11 years. these giant ufos sure are common and frequent!

It's harder to get on board with something that isn't not only prevalent in your own country, it simply doesn't exist. If you were to compartmentalize the UFO reports from the UK into CE1s 2s and 3s you would not find many that describe the so called "giant UFO". The Lothian UFO that came down and a robot spiked a man in a leg, didn't come down in a giant UFO. Local report of kids spotting a UFO and being surrounded by it (ball of light). Videos or testimony out of crop circles, balls of light. People in London spotting UFOs, generally small white orbs. UFO crash in Wales, not described as giant, just a UFO/meteor size. Modern times "triangle UFOs" very very often are chinese lantern misidentifications, plenty of videos on youtube etc of this (both people calling them a giant UFO and the video proving them to be chinese lanterns or similar).

That makes those of us out of the UK a little more sceptical/level headed on the giant UFO subject perhaps? Arguably, it could also make us less informed. But again from that I can scale it up a bit, as I mentioned, Japan, do they often report "giant UFO-boru!"... nope. Sweden? "ist giant UFO ja!" ... nope. Even Brazil, some amazing ovni videos but anything remotely hinting at giant UFOs? Nope. Maybe that one filmed in darkness claiming to be an alien in a window of a giant craft from 2008-era. Either way, this is why I don't just jump on the "yeah giant UFOs everywhere man" train.

At this point it's not really about pointing you to sources, or you needing to point me to them, it's about you being able to procure some averages for yourself, in your head or on paper, however you want to play it. Then put that onto a mental map. Or even a real one... The big massive (giant) blob is going to be over America, and all other countries are going to have a very small tiny blob...like this:

I'd wager money on it to be fair. $20? If anything, I should then say: You prove to me that that isn't the case
An Express.co.uk news article doesn't trump 15 years of following witness testimony, reports and discussions on the subject, etc. But that's now how I roll. I'd just say, consider that point, that it's concentrated on America.

And be smart? For the sake of healthy UFOlogy?

Not:

"Giant UFOS!"

Amazed, easily convinced...

instead be

"Giant UFOs?"

Analytical, critical, alert and unconvinced until proven otherwise.
edit on 19-12-2018 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
the well known motherships…
if they come from far.. ofcourse they have to be big..
travelling for hunderds of years they need to be good facilitated
and how bigger ..how moore gravity they producing !
mass is escential in space

edit on 19-12-2018 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I saw something a couple years ago. I know for a fact we're not alone and that there is something here. I've been asking myself a lot of questions internally. I've been trying to figure out for myself if they're hostile or not. I've come to the conclusion that what ever it is it's a lot more advanced then we are. I've asked myself why wouldn't it want to have contact with mankind?

A We can't handle their technology and they don't want us to have it. We harnessed the power of the sun and we used it to blow people up.

B They created us and we're some kind of experiment. We could be a hybrid between them and apes. We have a lot of unexplained gaps on the origins of man.

C If they were hostile we would know it by now because we're nothing but ants to them. They could probably exterminate us in the blink of an eye.

I wish I had definitive answers.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I’m actually pretty eager to watch that new series project blue book portraying Hynek and his research.
Come out on January 9 2019 on the history channel.

It could simply be a jazzed-up, slicker version of Jack ('Dragnet') Webb's 'Project UFO' (1978-79), which claimed to dramatise some of the "30%" of Bluebook cases that remained unexplained, although I think that percentage is somewhat sexed up.

It was hugely entertaining as a kid, but today does seem cheesy as hell at times, but it's good popcorn fun. Here's the very first episode, if anyone is curious...

edit on 20-12-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: markymint

At this point it's not really about pointing you to sources, or you needing to point me to them, it's about you being able to procure some averages for yourself, in your head or on paper, however you want to play it. Then put that onto a mental map. Or even a real one... The big massive (giant) blob is going to be over America, and all other countries are going to have a very small tiny blob...like this:

I had a sighting in the 'what about here' region back in '86. The object was dark emitting no light on a clear moonless night but it seemed to be huge from my vantage point as it glided silently overhead so just an estimation on my part. I had no-one to corroborate my experience and we southerners are less inclined than some terrestrials to go jumping up and down calling the reporters when there's no evidence at all to support it. It would have been bad in a professional sense to be branded a UFO nut so I kept it quiet and just watched out for any other reports (never saw one).

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

oberg, yourself said those reports are of rocket launches and indeed they seem to be, isn't it better to focus in the ones that seem promising?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
a reply to: JimOberg

oberg, yourself said those reports are of rocket launches and indeed they seem to be, isn't it better to focus in the ones that seem promising?

I'll stipulate that we'll NEVER run out of 'promising' cases. Sometimes even the most spectacular cases take decades [and lucky breaks] to solve.

Here's another example of a giant spaceship, from conehead country [France].

satobs.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Some of these were reported as pretty big:
satobs.org...

and also.....

'Giant spaceship' over Zimbabwe?
Zimbabwe, 1994
satobs.org...

edit on 21-12-2018 by JimOberg because: add

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Pretty good points over all in this thread.

If there really were some massive sized UFO's, we would probably know if they came from a non-Earth origin. There's no way they could keep that many people from whistle blowing. NORAD has some serious outer orbit radar capability. (For real, I don't think anything gets close to Earth without a NORAD ping.)

So, if you turn to an Earth origin theory, most would indicate man made origins.

Realistically, I would expect something of truly massive size to have a deep water or ocean origin. Such a thing would have the best chance of not being noticed in mass, by coming from the ocean deep.

So, interdimensional? Hollow Earth? Deep ocean breakaway civilization? Who knows... I certainly can't think of a case compelling enough to even make me think the possibility exists.

My last area of possibility would be Antarctica, but even there, we have started peppering Antarctica with bases, radar, and all sorts of sensors/detector capabilities.

So...

Where's the MASSIVE USO reports?
edit on 21-12-2018 by Archivalist because: meh

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join