It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic UFOs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
UFO witnesses have described craft ranging in size from very small to unbelievably huge. On one end of the spectrum, small softball sized craft have been described. Then there's the big ones. Giant craft a mile wide, or even the size of a small city have supposedly been seen.

Years ago I heard a caller talking to Art Bell on the Coast-To-Coast radio show. The guy claimed to be a retired Air Force officer. He said he saw a giant UFO off the coast of San Diego. It was just before dawn, but light enough for him to get a pretty good look. He said it was absolutely huge, possibly 5-6 football fields long. That was one of the first 'giant UFO' stories I heard.

Here are some videos on the subject.

Richard Dolan on enormous UFOs. The vid starts out a tad slow, with Richard 'setting up' before getting into the substance at about the 7:50 mark. He discusses some fascinating cases. As usual, he does an excellent job. Some of these cases are flat-out mind blowing!

History Channel documentary "Giant UFOs" from the 'UFO Hunters' series.
Some good discussion of gargantuan UFOs.
Giant UFOs

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The 1997 Phoenix lights UFO was a good case...some witnesses described it a mile wide

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The first one I saw was in the broken clouds and passed in front of the moon and covered it. So it was rather large I guess. About 1973 Mid Michigan in the winter.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think that if they can appear and disappear at will then they can also control our perception when it comes to size/appearance. If it's all connected to conciousness then it makes sense to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
and don't forget about the as they described it at the time of the JAL sighting, the two Pilots flying over Alaska, a huge mothership, described as gigantic.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

This sighting by a pilot always comes to mind. The object was calculated at being a mile long.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

That was only about 20 miles or so away from me, every time this case pops up I'm jealous that I didn't get to see it too, lol

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

yes. Saw a show about Pilot sightings and recall this one quite well.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well, let's not skew it with the Jersey UFO masquerading as the poster boy on this subject.

"Giant UFOs" are almost exclusively an American phenomenon.

The rest of the world experiences mostly balls of light and not giant UFOs.

Not to say it isn't legit, just that it is very, very American and outside of the Jersey UFO you won't really find the numbers back-up or paint any kind of global "picture" of giant UFOs.

Yes, in America, a large percentage of the overall picture includes giant UFOs. For rest of world, they barely make up a few % of the picture.

On the sceptic end: This could be explained so simply as people in America are more likely to associate 3 points of light in the sky (ie 3 chinese lanterns) as being the outline of a "huge UFO" whereas people elsewhere are more likely to rationalize it as 3 separate small objects. There are certainly vivid accounts that blow the 3 or 4 points of light being misinterpreted approach out of the water (where witnesses describe the solidity of the objects in good detail) but ehh, you see the 3 points of light being called a giant UFO in videos time and time again, so if that misidentification is occurring frequently, year on year, in UFO videos, it's probably played out like that with ground witnesses a lot too and perhaps way before mobile video tech.

On the believer end: You could question why the "giant UFOs" like America so much? Does that make it American secret tech? Do alien races with giant spaceships have some fascination of 'murica? If a giant UFO flew over England like it does in many 'merican stories, it would blackout many villages and towns as our floor-space is a lot smaller, but you don't get reports like that here... Put it this way, I'd like to see one, who wouldn't, but it's like expecting to see a Penguin along the River Thames. it just won't happen, it's not where they are common to or are recorded as being spotted. Maybe there's something to why "giant UFOs" are sort of America only. Maybe not. But I find that fact almost more interesting than the UFOs themselves.
edit on 18-12-2018 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I have been intrigued with the huge UFO reports since Stephensville and the JAL case. I can't help but wonder, is it massive ships with lots of little green men, or are they massive green men? Either is possible, but the second would not do our ego's well. to find out we are actually tiny and insignificant would be bad.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Americans more likely to mistake 3 points of light in the sky as a solid object? Really? Do you have sources?

Now, as to why the U.S. has more (allegedly reliable) giant airships sighted, I'd venture some reasons like awareness and better communication infrastructure (back in the 20th century, anyway).

But I suspect it has something to do with local secret technologies, myself.

But who knows, maybe aliens or God does favor the U.S. and love to intimidate the yokel's huge egos with giant, garish airships?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

it's not where they are common to or are recorded as being spotted. Maybe there's something to why "giant UFOs" are sort of America only. Maybe not. But I find that fact almost more interesting than the UFOs themselves.

have you tried this google thing?

en.wikipedia.org...

www.express.co.uk...

www.section51-ufo.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I recall reading in the late 70's about Soviet astronomer observing colossal UFO's entering and leaving Earth atmosphere at very high speeds.

For what ever it's worth, the stories of, and sightings of, huge UFO's isn't a new one.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

An advanced non planetary civilization whom live in giant ship's - the size of city's and perhaps even larger living among the stars would be very interesting in technological planetary civilization's as well as a bit careful of them for obvious reason's, there main interest would be more anthropological in nature since after countless ages living among the stars in space they may have come to forget there own planetary ancestors or even to have become more alien to them than they would be to us meaning we would then be closer to there ancestors in our nature than they were especially if they were a humanoid race or shared some psychological trait's with us.

Such a civilization may have began after a war rendered there planet uninhabitable or a natural catastrophe but of course they would have had to have the necessary level of planetary technology to spawn a non planetary civilization, it's birth may have therefore been a forced one with survivor's mining there asteroid belt, perhaps there home system is still there home and perhaps there original planet still exists but how old could such a civilization grow and how far from it's organic root's might it stray, would it in time potentially fall prey to the same fate it may have escaped on it's home planet that of a machine ascendance rendering it's organic founder's redundant and turning there own civilization against them or treating them as inconsequential to it's own unimaginable goal's or could such a civilization having not fallen prey to this fate instead have become a race of clone's since likely once away from there planetary cycles much as may happen to our own race they may then become infertile without the aid of the natural cycles that help to regulate the body.

There motive's may be many but some are.

Study.

Altruism - unlikely yet surprisingly possible if they see themselves in us and remember what it was like for there own race long ago.

Predation - a planet and a store of refined resources, rare metal's and mineral's all neatly packaged and ready to be harvested created by what to them may seem a primitive animistic creature as well as a potential abundance of organic material and even the sentient - or to them semi sentient race themselves or seeing the sentient race as a potential threat or competitor.

There are other potential motivations such a political since we don't know how the boundary's of different alien sentience may play out in the stars or if they have places like the fictional neutral zone's of star trek or simply being leery of one another for obvious reason's and that may also have to do with predation since one race may be far more advanced than the other and may see the less species as resources to be harvested for it's own benefit.

Now we assume that a race of such magnitude of development would not have need of resources in that manner but a race of interstellar wanderers on the other hand may be much like the fictional alien's in the film independence day but more clever - they may wait for planets in there territory to harvest a certain amount and then when they become RIPE harvest them, they may even leave some of the sentience after eradicating there civilization and reducing what was left to a primitive state so that they can harvest them all over again later wandering off to other planets in there cyclic route to harvest them in due course, such a race may even seed suitable world's with an organic of a type that would create civilization's and extract - refine and create material's that they may find valuable as well as one more factor INVENTION, these sentient being's released into the wild of these planet's may then develop new and unique sciences and technology's that the super sentient race may find of value or of entertainment - since we really have no idea of there moral or sentient level and they may be being's that life indefinitely or at least incredibly long lives with worker races that may be just as short lived as we are.

Such a civilization or collection of advanced being's may indeed have huge craft, some would be home's for themselves OR for there workers, some would be harvesters, some would be war machines and of course there is the unknown value to which we can not ascribe a motivational factor.

If such a species exists in our interstellar neighborhood would then be visiting the earth - DEFINITELY.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Tim Ley gave a good description of the phoenix lights but i seldom see details about the craft like he gave. Big dark object with several lights is usually all you get. Is Ley just lying?

a reply to: seagull

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FrostyFlakes

I don't know, is he?

It's obvious that a bunch of people saw something in the night skies over Phoenix. That much is crystal clear.

I've seen odd things in the night sky, as well. I've three threads, I think...maybe only two.

Anyhoo...

I don't know anything about the man. My interest in the UFO phenomena has waned over the years, since far too many of the "encounters/sightings" are nothing of the sort--as is proven far too often. The Phoenix lights are a pleasant change from that, though some claim otherwise--there's enough mystery to keep me curious.

I am, for lack of a better term, a hopeful skeptic. Bigfoot. UFO's. Seen both.
edit on 12/18/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
No i dont know anything about him either...just hoping someone was aware of other detailed descriptions. Im a hopeful skeptic too i suppose.

There is really no room for both Ley's story and the official story of flares and/or a plane formation.

Easier to believe him (for me) if others were seeing anthing nutsy boltsy too. Big shapes and lights just not enough for me. Even JAL and Guernsy were just basically giant blobs as far as I recall.

edit on 12/18/2018 by FrostyFlakes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FrostyFlakes

No, I don't see how both can be accurate. Part of me hopes he's right, but the rest of me suspects that it's something more mundane. What it is? That's for someone a whole lot smarter than me to figure out

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

That sounds interesting- any names come to mind or details that will help in a google search?

I’m actually pretty eager to watch that new series project blue book portraying Hynek and his research.
Come out on January 9 2019 on the history channel.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Yes, it looks like it might be a cool show.

Here's a trailer.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join