It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump agrees to shut down his charity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Then surely you would like all criminals to go to jail. Other Foundations have committed the same offenses. Other Foundations board members have stated that those in charge, explicitly Bill Clinton has repeatedly used Foundation funds for personal business, even after being told he cannot do it. However, it doesn't seem to warrant even an investigation.

Again, the Trump Foundation has paid out more money than was ever donated, this was already a known fact so it does not appear any money was ever "stolen". Misused apparently but not enough to warrant criminal charges since they failed to file any, and we all know that they are on a mission to do just that so if anything was there they would have filed charges.

We also know that it didnt involve Trump personally or they would have him under the jail. Again, it is sad that NY State has politicized a legal arm to target an individual because they dont like him. The new AG has given news conferences to explicitly state that she intends to investigate until she finds a crime.

If Trump is guilty then I want him prosecuted. However 2 and half years in, at least 25 million spent, there is nothing. If they find something, it will only make themselves complicit in any criminal activity since Trump has operated in NY for many years now, and only now they believe investigations are warranted ? It is undeniable all politically motivated, and will make them look worse than Trump.

They protected the previous DA, currently about to botch the Harvey Weinstein investigation, and its intentional misconduct on their investigators behalf in my opinion. They have to be the most inept prosecutors in the country in order to miss any activities they now dig up. They even want to change established statue of limitations so they can go back and find crimes, kinda like they already know about them, but did nothing at the time when Trump was a NY Democrat.

Using the legal system in politically motivated acts of revenge should be illegal no matter which "side" does it. And a big reason no charges have come from anything yet is because a conviction is a heck of a lot different than an indictment, and the very public allegations do much more damage. It's a shame it has come to this, and history will reveal exactly what is taking place, and it will not be kind to those actually pulling strings. But we have short memories, often selective memories, and the Victor's usually write the history. Unfortunately, there are no Victor's in this episode of disgrace, only victims, We the People.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Painterz

You just don't get it do you? The media says mean things about him, that makes everything he does ok even if it's illegal.

Screw the laws, Trump 2020.

Honey, it appears that Trump and his cult agree with Nixon: (it's 8 sec.)

edit on 12/18/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So you are going to be just like leftists? Congrats, you should be proud. I guess being a hypocrite is a good thing in your eyes.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

So you are going to be just like leftists? Congrats, you should be proud. I guess being a hypocrite is a good thing in your eyes.

Nah, but why be the only one in the room worrying about the rule of law?

You obviously don't, so I don't see why you're even concerned!

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Its as if there are two barrels, one full of Trump's misdeeds and one full of Hillary's. The cronies are all surrounding Trump's barrel, scraping the bottom for flakes of real offenses that they can run to the public with... while they have their backs to Hillary's barrel, which still has its lid on as toxic sludge oozes through the cracks and drips to the floor, for the barrel is bursting at its seams.

Sure both barrels have something toxic you can find in them... but one is not like the other.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: chadderson
LOL!

It really is funny. Trump does all the same things as the Clintons, but maybe only 2% as serious. Yet the Dems are insisting that talking to Russians is somehow worse than literally selling uranium to them, and that a handful of improper foundation expenses is worse than the CF's billion-dollar influence-peddling scam, and that paying off Stormy to go away is worse than Obama's racking up millions of dollars in illegal foreign donations.

Is Trump perfect? Hell no. But there's no question who is the lesser evil.

edit on 18-12-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

It's just cute to see some "say" they are for the rule of law and then look at what they write.

I figure, why bother any more.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
a reply to: soundguy

I'm still standing firm on the idea that anyone intentionally spelling a name as "tRump" has no valid say or opinion in any matters involving the President.

I'm also searching for your equal opinion on the investigation into the Clinton Foundation... because fair is fair, right?

Then will you make the same ruling with people who say "Obummer" instead of Obama? And "Killary" instead of Hillary? And the countless stupid nicknames for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez? And "kiddie sniffer" for Joe Biden?

Just wondering how nonpartisan your judgement is.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

We could make a long list on how both sides only use what convenient for them on this site...

One of the top flagged threads recently was about the investigation by free lance investigators into the Clinton Foundation. Now, I know that the CF is just a front to use for influence, money, and tax breaks....

But the Trump Foundation is dissolving, and will likely be replaced with something soon.

Trump is far from the worst president in recent history IMO, no new wars, that's great. North Korea may cool down, other than that it's a mixed bag.

But I haven't seen much done by him to drain the swamp or even prove him and people closely associated to him aren't part of it.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton's charity foundation will be shut down relatively soon also.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Hillary Clinton's charity foundation will be shut down relatively soon also.

Good, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know something is fishy with a couple who have been in politics their whole life and are worth close to half a billion dollars.

They're shifty as hell, and we all know it.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

What makes you think I don't care about the rule of law? Is that what your favorite propaganda outlet tells you about anyone who disagrees with you?

You obviously don't care about the law so you should have no reason to care about Clinton breaking it. I expect you to stop crying over her not being in jail, otherwise you are just as big of a hypocrite as the ones you constantly complain about.

Thanks for showing your true colors.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: narrator

We could make a long list on how both sides only use what convenient for them on this site...

One of the top flagged threads recently was about the investigation by free lance investigators into the Clinton Foundation. Now, I know that the CF is just a front to use for influence, money, and tax breaks....

But the Trump Foundation is dissolving, and will likely be replaced with something soon.

Trump is far from the worst president in recent history IMO, no new wars, that's great. North Korea may cool down, other than that it's a mixed bag.

But I haven't seen much done by him to drain the swamp or even prove him and people closely associated to him aren't part of it.

Agreed, not the worst in my lifetime. And credit where it's due, he's gotten some good things accomplished. But yea, the whole "drain the swamp" thing...he did pretty much the exact opposite.

I'm all for the Trump Foundation being shut down. Same with the Clinton foundation. I have no evidence of this on either side, but both of those families seem incredibly corrupt. Like you said, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that lifelong politicians shouldn't be worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Trump, there are too many people that he considered close confidants going down for crimes to still realistically think "eh, he didn't know about any of it".

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You have the same mentality of Germans who supported Hitler.

Your outlook is dangerous and immoral

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

You have the same mentality of Germans who supported Hitler.

Your outlook is dangerous and immoral

Coming from "Himmler", your post doesn't phase me in the least.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

What makes you think I don't care about the rule of law? Is that what your favorite propaganda outlet tells you about anyone who disagrees with you?

You obviously don't care about the law so you should have no reason to care about Clinton breaking it. I expect you to stop crying over her not being in jail, otherwise you are just as big of a hypocrite as the ones you constantly complain about.

You're welcome.

Now that you are for the rule of law, perhaps your posting might reflect it.

Looking forward to it!

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I expect your posts to reflect your lack of care for the rule of law. No more complaining about Clinton, you're not allowed to, unless of course you're a giant hypocrite.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The biggest donation to Trump's charity was $264,231 back in 1987.

Here's all the people who donated $25 million or more to the clinton foundation:

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Elevate Social Businesses [Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership (Canada)] *
Fred Eychaner and Alphawood Foundation
Frank Giustra, The Radcliffe Foundation
Nationale Postcode Loterij
The Children's Investment Fund Foundation
UNITAID

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'll just follow your lead since you have seemed to master the art of hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

So you still refuse to admit they're both corrupt foundations? Who's defending either one except you?

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join