It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump agrees to shut down his charity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Source

Underwood said Tuesday that her investigation found “a shocking pattern of illegality involving the Trump Foundation — including unlawful coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing, and much more.”

The shuttering comes after The Washington Post documented apparent lapses at the foundation. Trump used the charity’s money to pay legal settlements for his private business, to purchase art for one of his clubs and to make a prohibited political donation.

Trump decided to shutter the foundation in 2016. The NY AG blocked the shutdown until the investigation was concluded. It seems Trump set up the charity as a way to enrich himself and his children, or not. Who do we believe anymore?

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

I hope he does get filthy rich and uses and abuses every available method to do so.

I'm sick and damned tired of trying to be impartial and saying, "If he's guilty then he should be punished" when it never applies to anyone else.

Screw the system.

Screw the laws.

There is no equality under the law.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Sooner or later they believe they will find the "smocking" gun that will bring down this president.

Unfortunately, for them, this isn't it. But it is great material for the media to use to avoid reporting scandals involving the Clintons.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Yeah but ... NO COLLUSION !

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I was under the impression that all foundations are tax shelters and money laundering for the ultra rich?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The tRump crime family is going down, one indictment at a time. Good riddance, it’s well past the time to take this trash out. It’s been stinking up our country for decades. a reply to: links234

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Of course, no member of Trumps family has been indicted. I suppose you just forgot that fact. Convenient to forgot facts and spout nonsense, the media is very good at it. Trump was okay for many years. Never an 8nvestigation, no indictments, none ever called him a racist and they all took his money. When he challenged and embarrassed the system they go after him. Kind of a shame how the whole system has been politicised for revenge. Sounds like money was misspent but the records still show the Foundation paid out more money than was donated but it's another fact conveniently lost in the revenge plan

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
The tRump crime family is going down, one indictment at a time. Good riddance, it’s well past the time to take this trash out. It’s been stinking up our country for decades. a reply to: links234

"Going down?" They want to ban Trump from running a nonprofit in the state of New York for 10 years, and ban his kids from running one for 1 year. Not exactly Alcatraz-like penalties.

On the whole, the only crime they appear to be guilty of is not bribing the NY AG. Remember, this was started by the guy who was forced to resign after it was discovered he regularly beats up the women in his life.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I followed the Washington Post during the David Fahrenthold investigation of Trump's Charity.

Trump is a self serving crook/conman.

This has nothing to do with the Clintons.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well if it's being shut down for those reasons, then there shouldn't be any charities in the state of New York since they all operate the same way. The state of New York and Democrat New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood aren't fooling anyone. We all know the extreme bias they have.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Yea the Trump family would have to rob the world of Billions to get on the Clintons level.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Source

Underwood said Tuesday that her investigation found “a shocking pattern of illegality involving the Trump Foundation — including unlawful coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing, and much more.”

The shuttering comes after The Washington Post documented apparent lapses at the foundation. Trump used the charity’s money to pay legal settlements for his private business, to purchase art for one of his clubs and to make a prohibited political donation.

Trump decided to shutter the foundation in 2016. The NY AG blocked the shutdown until the investigation was concluded. It seems Trump set up the charity as a way to enrich himself and his children, or not. Who do we believe anymore?

It's been known for long enough about the dodgy dealings with Trump's dipping into the foundation....so anyone telling you, 'Why care anymore since everybody is crooked' is really their lack of research before and during said campaign...he was going to drain the swamp wasn't he? Sad ain't it.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Yea the Trump family would have to rob the world of Billions to get on the Clintons level.

Back that up with provable facts -- then talk to me.

As said, I followed the investigation by David from Wapo.

There are provable facts on Trump's scam charity.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Knapperdude
I was under the impression that all foundations are tax shelters and money laundering for the ultra rich?

They are. They should all be shut down and ordered to pay back taxes.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Pretty rich coming from you. I typically do backup my claims unlike yourself, but will pass this time and double down with the Clintons probably got away with Trillions if you count all the damage done to places like Syria.

Wapo is just expensive fake news, your welcome.

You wouldn't know a fact from opinion if I posted the definitions.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

It ain't over til it's over. They have not indicted any of them yet.
Trump is an unindicted co conspirator in a federal crime already.
There could well be sealed indictments for him and his family.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Check out the congressional hearing last week. Multiple whistleblowers, including the CFO of the Clinton Foundation, claim that almost all of the foundation's money has been misspent, they were acting as an unregistered foreign agent, and they were indeed selling access to Hillary while she was Secretary of State.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Check out the congressional hearing last week. Multiple whistleblowers, including the CFO of the Clinton Foundation, claim that almost all of the foundation's money has been misspent, they were acting as an unregistered foreign agent, and they were indeed selling access to Hillary while she was Secretary of State.

You and I are wasting our time with that poster.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Plus the Mueller investigation.
Plus the transition investigation
Plus the investigation into his white house admin.
Plus the investigation into his business.
Plus plus plus....

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: Knapperdude

They are. They should all be shut down and ordered to pay back taxes.

Well not all but certainly many

It seems there is suggestions that the abuse from trumo charity, while small in the grand scheme of things financially ((maybe 3 million to a billionaire) was pretty blatant

So why only charge them when he runs for office?

This shows the New York is not about justice, but attacking political enemies, which is arguably worse than any of the crimes committed by these charities

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join