It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's economy belongs to Obama......but when it goes bad, is that still the case?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: UniformKilo
a reply to: Bluntone22

If Obama was an idiot what do you think about Trump? With the untruthfulness and the lack a of a moral code, and his big words he must be a member of Mensa yea....weirdly you probably think he is a genius yet its a fact that he didn't even want to be president. Trump ran as a marketing gimmick to get into Russia and that went wrong, just as his cabinet has gone wrong 65% turnover rate.

Obama is an idiot.
He was completely unqualified with little experience in any practical field. It showed.

But if you must know, I think trump is an ass,but an ass with some useful experience.
Genius? Hell no
Shrewd? Meh
Effective? Definitely

You know as well as I do that the mkt. is soon going to make a bigly correction and a lot of people will whine.
Whos' fault will it be? Trickle down always brings on a recession and the tariffs aren't helping...whos' fault is that? The democrats?

www.thebalance.com...

It's just a matter of time...I'm completely out except for a few bitcoins and some comm. trading...my gentle addiction!
edit on 18-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The economy is 100% trumps and has been for some time. The fact that his supporters are now trying to call it Obama's economy are exactly why you should never believe a thing these people say. They are willfully blind to any reality that doesn't paint trump as the next coming of Jesus.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The stock market is surely going to drop because stupid people get carried away and overpaid.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: olaru12

The stock market is surely going to drop because stupid people get carried away and overpaid.

I'm going to make a prediction. 70% drop in Jan. Do you even realize why savy economist are scared and carried away?

Deficit spending ring a bell?

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
The economy is 100% trumps and has been for some time. The fact that his supporters are now trying to call it Obama's economy are exactly why you should never believe a thing these people say. They are willfully blind to any reality that doesn't paint trump as the next coming of Jesus.

It's like you don't live in reality. I posted a link in the OP. If you read the thread, you might learn that our ATS experts on the economy stated that the first 2 years of Trump's presidency were Obama's policy's coming to fruition. After the 2 year mark, it's all Trump.

I asked this in a specific way, so it can only be one or the other. If you challenge this, you need to do so with the ATS experts who stated very matter of factly, what the facts are.

So from this point forward, yes it's all Trump. (according to the experts) And if things start moving in a positive direction, say after the Mueller fiasco ends, then you can be angry at Trump for letting good things happen on his watch. If the economy tanks, you can thank Trump for providing you the proof you needed that your instincts were correct, and Trump is orange and bad.

Please remember, this is a fact based thing, your feels don't apply here.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Blame/Credit Trump for the state of the economy.

Blame/Credit Republicans for the state of the economy.

Blame/Credit Obama for the state of the economy.

Blame/Credit Democrats for the state of the economy.

But let's all just ignore the fact that the economy was humming along nicely until the Fed decided to raise rates in order to "curb growth." (Translation, the country was making money and the bankers decided it was a good time to skim some of those profits.)

Trump criticized the Fed for raising rates and all we got from the MSM (Fox, I believe) was that Trump shouldn't "politicize" the Fed by criticizing their decision. This was just after the MSM spent months politicizing the Supreme Court nomination. Apparently, we should politicize every aspect of government from the President to Congress to the Supreme Court all the way down to city council members, but not the Fed.

I recently read an article in which for Fed chair Janet Yellen said another recession was coming, and the the Fed didn't have the "tools" necessary to deal with it. What tool did she think the Fed needed? The ability to loan to private corporations without government approval, at the taxpayer's expense of course. Just like the bailouts of 2008 without nosy lawmakers getting involved. I'll lay good odds that the Fed will quietly get that "tool" next year, giving them the power to decide which corporations succeed and which ones fail.

But, yeah, let's blame a politician or a party. Once our side wrests control from those other guys, they will cut the deficit, reduce the national debt, narrow the wealth gap, and bring peace and prosperity to the US. Just like they did last time they were in charge.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
more than a little grating, given that the “booming” started on his watch. The economic contest between the 44th and 45th presidents went public in recent days when Mr. Obama expressed his irritation and Mr. Trump fired back. At stake are more than ordinary political bragging rights. Central to Mr. Obama’s historical legacy is the economy’s recovery after its plummet to the brink of a new Great Depression. And central to Mr. Trump’s current political standing is its further expansion.

This is a simple idea. Obama spent much of his first few years blaming Bush for any and all failures. Then, He wanted to claim all the economic success stories during the Trump presidency is because of his policies. Well, now the market it doing bad. Economy is stuttering. Uncertainty is creeping in. Is that Obama's as well, or it that all Trump?

I'd say you can't have it both ways, but I suspect we will see posts stating exactly that. Impress me dems, show some integrity. Own it.

Apperently no one knows the stock market just hit a 2018 low yikes

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Look at the data. Observe the trends and when they reversed. The economy was in a veritable free-fall under Bush. It amounted to one of the worst collapses in history. Obama came into office with an economy in shambles. Under his watch he turned things around and any clown with a 7th grade education can see that in all the important economic indicator data.

Coming into Trump's presidency those trends continued (for awhile). And then the BOM began initiating his 'policies'. A trade war with China, tax giveaways that have ballooned the deficit, rampant instability in his administration, alienation of our friends and trading partners, etc. This fostered uncertainty in the business climate worldwide and things have cooled. How do you blame on Obama things that are caused by Trump's 'management'? When Clinton left office we had a budget surplus. Bush magically turned that into a budget deficit. Was that Clinton's fault. I mean, is this THAT hard to understand?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It's good to know that from here forward, whatever happens, Trump owns. If his policies work, and the tariffs make for better Trade in the end, then things may turn for the better. If not, and Trump's economics is bad, then it will be clear. But the main thing is we don't have to hear others try to take credit for things when they are good. And nobody will get to weasel out of they turn bad. (for those who don't know, this is how integrity works)

Thanks to all the economy experts who made posts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join