It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to say it and I do not care who sees it

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Merry Christmas ATS!

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

Have a LIT Motha#$*%^in Kwanzaa my g

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: narrator

See? That's the problem. *Most* people don't care and won't care if you wish them a Merry Christmas because most people understand that most of us celebrate it, whether we're talking religious or secular or a mix. But because some people either did get angry somewhere and expressed offense or because someone decided to show how moral they were and expressed offense on behalf of people they imagined might get offended, I was told to only say Happy Holidays when I worked in retail and we no longer have even a Holiday Break in our public schools but only a winter one.

That argument goes both ways though. People literally boycott starbucks because the cups don't say "Merry Christmas".

I guess I'm just confused about all of the outrage. "Happy Holidays" includes Christmas, along with every other holiday someone might celebrate during this time of year. That way, every single person is included. "Merry Christmas" only covers one religion, and therefore doesn't include everyone.
Why is Happy Holidays such an insult? Saying Happy Holidays includes every single celebration, so it INCLUDES Merry Christmas too, so Christians aren't excluded! People that get upset at Happy Holidays and want everyone to say Merry Christmas literally want to force their religion onto everyone else.
Not everyone is Christian. It makes no difference if the majority of the US is. The US also has freedom of religion, which means people get to celebrate whatever they want in December. If I say "Happy Holidays", that is wishing every single person in the world a Happy Whatever-Holiday-They-Celebrate. If I say "Merry Christmas", that excludes about 5 billion people from my well wishes.
People that demand "Merry Christmas" are just selfish. There is zero negative to saying Happy Holidays.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

OK no more "Ramadan Mubarak" since it's selfish to others and they're pushing their religion on us.

Said no one ever

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

If that’s the case, happy holidays can be applied to anything, ie Ramadan or Yom Kippur and their respective greeting. I’m just not sure inclusivity and political correctness a is good enough reason to do so.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
no one in the real world gets offended by people saying Merry Christmas.

The fake world is really having a melt down right now though.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Just wondering, has anybody here every actually been hassled by another person to their face for saying Merry Christmas? I'm curious whether this "attack on Christmas" thing is a phenomenon that takes place in the real world or if it is just a creation of the media. I mean, in you personal life, how many times has someone criticized you in person for speaking those words? I'd like to hear some specifics regarding what these interactions were like and how you handled it.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I demand that everyone here have a Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

OK no more "Ramadan Mubarak" since it's selfish to others and they're pushing their religion on us.

Said no one ever

How often do you see a "Ramadan Mubarak!" sign at your local starbucks? And how often does someone say that to you? And how often do department store commercials say that during the holidays?

It isn't even in the same state, let alone the same ballpark. Strawman.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

If that’s the case, happy holidays can be applied to anything, ie Ramadan or Yom Kippur and their respective greeting. I’m just not sure inclusivity and political correctness a is good enough reason to do so.

Exactly. It includes everyone. i.e., a good thing.

A good enough reason to say Happy Holidays? I think inclusivity is definitely enough reason to say it. That's so much better than saying every single time you greet someone: "Happy Kwanzaa, Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Yule", etc etc etc.

As for political correctness...in my opinion that has nothing to do with it. It's just easier to say/write/etc 1 greeting instead of 5+.
Also, this really only applies to this time of year, not for Ramadan, etc. I'll explain below.

Why not just say Happy Holidays? It's so much easier.

As for religious holidays that don't fall during the winter holiday season, it wouldn't make sense to say Happy Holidays, as there's only one holiday. For instance, it's easy to say "Eid Mubarak", because there aren't any other major religious holidays in early June (it's different every year, I'm generalizing). Why would you say Happy Holidays, if it's only one singular holiday? I mean, I guess it wouldn't be offensive at all to say Happy Holidays instead of Eid Mubarak, it just wouldn't make grammatical sense, and I'd argue that the person doing that would only be doing so to be stubborn and try to make some point about how Merry Christmas is still the "only" greeting that's necessary in winter.

You're all nitpicking now. Hence what I've been saying all along, you're all trying to force a single religion onto everyone during this time of year. There are MULTIPLE religious holidays this time of year, so it makes logical sense to say Happy Holidays. I'm not even arguing from the "someone may get upset" stance, I'm arguing from the "it's easier to include all holidays into one greeting instead of listing all of the greetings" stance.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I am one of those who doesn't celebrate Christmas! I believe
it to be a pagan holiday and the Messiah wasn't born on that
date.
What I do like about this time of year is the good eggnog,plenty
of candies and fudge.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Works for me!

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I like that Evan's eggnog with Southern Comfort,yumm!
I had trouble finding it this year and settled for a cheaper
brand.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Testing the new algorithm...

Merry #!

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
M-e-r-r-y C-h-r-I-s-t-m-a-s

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Merry Christmas, DBC

Glad to see so many of us celebrating our win RE: the former war on Christmas

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

Normal folks in real life generally don't harass others for such things (especially something as petty as them saying Merry Christmas)

It is mostly smart asses on the Internet from what I can tell. The same type who would be hysterically shrieking/shrilling/screeching at the top of their lungs if some Muslim woman was asked to remove their headgear (which unless conditions of voluntary employment dictate otherwise, is also petty and rude)

No doubt about it though, there was a small (but obnoxious) minority outright attacking Christmas, public displays of the Holiday and generally attempting (but utterly & completely failing) to demoralize or de-energize the right. Thankfully they had the precise opposite effect.

I guess the radical far left should stop trying to "help" (hey, the far left handed us a victory RE: war on X-Mas as well as POTUS Trump in 2016)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

RE: war on X-Mas

I don't think there was ever a "war" on Christmas. At one time there was a group of Atheists, Ron Reagan and his bunch,
who tried to make a big deal out of it, saying it offended them, whatever, but I don't think it took much root.

The rest is just silly ranting.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

So, um, is one of those gifts for me?

eta: Okay, I just called you a drama queen on another thread.

So.

nvm.

edit on 12/19/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join