It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can stop illegal immigration without building a wall almost overnight.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Republicans and democrats want illegals here.

There will never be a wall.

There won't be a border soon enough.

Bunch of assholes in DC if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

As to why your idea won't work...

Most illegals have valid licenses and steal other people's ss numbers. It's very difficult to prove that an employer knowingly hired an illegal. I'm not about to give government the authority to take away all a person's property and jail them for life without being damn sure they are guilty.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
"Build the Wall" Video by Zed Vibes & Cigar Wrappers
3:11

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The laws are already in place.

"E-verify" is free federal govt software that compares a worker's identity documents to what is already on file with the feds. Basically, if a false social security number or name is stolen, it can only be used once. (Before 1996, some ssn's would be working at 20 or more different jobs.(!).

E-verify is required on all federal contracts. Only a dozen or so states require it for all employees in their state. Most states don't want to "force employers to act as police", even though a person is allowed to work temporarily even if they fail e-verify, until the "problem" is resolved. Social security HATES e-verify, and most often they will actually issue the illegal a brand new SSN, de facto making him a citizen. More illegals "served" means more budget $ for them, and more power independent of any watchdog, including DOJ.

Likewise, in the Obama years there were fewer than 100 ICE/BP raids per year, nationwide, on law-breaking businesses. They have to pay a fine, and hire new illegals to replace the ones caught and deported.

E-verify is the softest scam out there. Dems will tout it as reducing illegals, while at the same time suing ICE for implementing it.

The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

1. Jail their employers.

That's going to be a trick to pull off. In order to jail someone you have to meet that 'knowingly' criteria, and plausible deniability is a thing. "I wasn't the one who made the final decision; that came from Mr. X!" "I don't actually make the decision; that would be Mrs. Y in personnel." "Oh, I just did my job. He had what looked to be proper identification."

On the other hand, the farmer who knows a guy who has been coming across supposedly legally for the last ten years at harvest turns out to be an illegal alien, and the farmer loses his farm and freedom both?

I agree with crackdowns, but that's a law full of loopholes.

2. Stop ALL public assistance for anyone found to have entered the country illegally.

You mean sanctuary cities? Aren't we trying to do that, and being thwarted at every turn? Again, good idea, but it only takes overnight for a city to declare itself a sanctuary and it then takes years to change it back, if that can even be done.

As for why a wall wouldn't work:

1. people will simply find other ways in. By boat or airplane for example.

It is much easier to patrol the coastal waters at each end of a wall than the 2000+ miles of mostly unoccupied border that a wall would secure. As a matter of fact, we already do that west of San Diego and east of Brownsville.

Airplanes? Really? Most of the people the wall would keep out can't afford a bus, much less a plane ride. The smugglers might pull it off, but it's a lot easier to spot a plane coming across than it is a bunch of people sneaking across the desert.

2. They will travel to Canada and enter from the Northern Border. It will end up costing them a bit more, but they can fly to any city in Southern Canada and just come across the border that way.

That's some trick. So explain exactly how people from Central America and Mexico are going to get into Canada without crossing the United States first? I can't seem to figure out how that would work.

Unless you're thinking they will just walk across the Antarctic, back up through China, across the Arctic, and come in that way. I hope they can swim good.

3. Tunnels. The drug cartels have already shown us how good they are at building tunnels. This would give them a new incentive to do it.

A wall need not be completely static. It can also house technology, such as ground-penetrating radar that would be able to detect a tunnel underneath as soon as the tunnelers got within a half-mile of the fence. There is no infrastructure to set up such sensors at present; a wall could house them easily and prevent tunneling.

In short, your proposals, while needed, do not invalidate the need for a wall, and your objections are without merit.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
There is a very simple solution to stopping illegal immigration. It doesn't require spending billions on a massive wall, money that could be used for better things like infrastructure. A wall wont work for a multitude of reasons. I will get to that later. There is a very simple solution to all this, and its right under our noses and I am sure that some of you have thought of it already. Its a twofold solution. Here it is.

1. Jail their employers.

Create a law that puts anyone who knowingly hires an illegal alien in jail for a minimum of 20 years, mandatory sentence, and NO parole. No excuses. For every additional illegal immigrant hired, DOUBLE the sentence. In addition, sieze all their assets and use the money to fund enforcement and ICE. It should be enforced in all 50 states and be a federal statuate.

2. Stop ALL public assistance for anyone found to have entered the country illegally.

Self explanatory. Take away food stamps and or any public assistance for people who enter the country illegally. Period.

Innitiate these two actions and within a year you would see a complete end to illegal immigration. You have just removed any incentive for someone to come here illegally. It WOULD work.

2. They will travel to Canada and enter from the Northern Border. It will end up costing them a bit more, but they can fly to any city in Southern Canada and just come across the border that way.

3. Tunnels. The drug cartels have already shown us how good they are at building tunnels. This would give them a new incentive to do it.

wow what a bunch of bullcrap everyone has the right to work in the United states legal or not
if one speaks the language can communicate with their customers give them what they paid for
in a timely safe manner
is paid a fair,wage for fair work
was hired based on what they can bring to the table not on race religion sex or origin
are not a public safety or health threat
then what's the problem

you don't want illegal immigrants on public welfare
well how can an illegal immigrant apply for welfare if they don't have any children born here to claim them for
lots of illegal immigrants have valid legal social security number given to them by social security
and they use those numbers to pay into the ssystem
yet they can't prove their citizens to access them
if they've lived here long enough why not let them access welfare

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

There is a very simple solution to stopping illegal immigration. It doesn't require spending billions on a massive wall, money that could be used for better things like infrastructure. A wall wont work for a multitude of reasons. I will get to that later. There is a very simple solution to all this, and its right under our noses and I am sure that some of you have thought of it already. Its a twofold solution. Here it is.

1. Jail their employers.

Create a law that puts anyone who knowingly hires an illegal alien in jail for a minimum of 20 years, mandatory sentence, and NO parole. No excuses. For every additional illegal immigrant hired, DOUBLE the sentence. In addition, sieze all their assets and use the money to fund enforcement and ICE. It should be enforced in all 50 states and be a federal statuate.

Self explanatory. Take away food stamps and or any public assistance for people who enter the country illegally. Period.

Innitiate these two actions and within a year you would see a complete end to illegal immigration. You have just removed any incentive for someone to come here illegally. It WOULD work.

we have violent drug addicts and gangbangers roaming free terrorizing the community .....the immigrant community
while law enforcement resources are spent questioning some random person where they were born

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

1. Jail their employers.

Iso let me get this,straight you would rather go into some random workplace like a privately owned store
and Harrass the person working there by asking them where they were born
instead of going to a public k-12 school where illegal immigrants are openly enrolled where millions of not bIllions of tax payer money are spent

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

1. Jail their employers.

you say we,are punishing the wrong people by focusing on the illegal not the employer
but by punishing the employer you are punishing the illegal as well
what will the illegal immigrant do live on the,streets ask for favors from the violent drug addicts and gangbangers terrorizing them who wI'll only
terrorize them even more
the drug addicts,and gangbangers will be embolden by this and create a black world that the law will not penetrate

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
More damage is done to Americans by drugs coming in from Mexico than by illegal aliens. The wall must be deep and tall.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
More damage is done to Americans by drugs coming in from Mexico than by illegal aliens. The wall must be deep and tall.

I ve been having fantasies where I'm leading a fleet of huey helicopters blasting ride of the valkieries
apocalypse now style taking out drug cartel lands
the real enemies of freedom

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
People think our leaders want to fix this? Fixing corruption is the last thing that they can allowed to happen.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Ummm...it doesn't cost "billions" of dollars to build a freaking wall!! We build better walls every single day, and they don't cost "billions" of dollars!

When the government does anything it costs billions. If the government wanted to shut off a light switch it'll run us a billion, easy.

edit on 18-12-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Ummm...it doesn't cost "billions" of dollars to build a freaking wall!! We build better walls every single day, and they don't cost "billions" of dollars!

When the government does anything it costs billions. If the government wanted to shut off a light switch it'll run us a billion, easy.

and guess who would profit from turning off the lights...it's the Corporate contractors that used lobbyist to influence the
govt. Doin business the American way.

Glad I got my GSA card and my beautiful DUNS and the benefits it brings...
edit on 18-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Before all that, one must ask the question "why are illegal immigrants trying to get into the USA". I'll hazard a guess, it ain't for the shi### jobs at low wages. So what is it, answer that and stop the incentive and you'll solve the problem.
But you all know what it is and as long as you've got compassionate (do gooders) people you'll never stop it. Cos they'll see their own country go up in flames rather than be seen as hardlined.
We have exactly the same in the UK, the people with some power are leading us (as a national identity) to oblivion. And you have these silly people saying "it's not that bad" and "they'll integrate" and "think of the diversity of cultures". BS, BS, BS.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Who will pick the crops?

I guess government employees, since the government will own all of the farms in America within three years under this idea.

You ready for the price of produce to skyrocket? Migrant farmers don't make minimum wage. American employees will, if not more. Plus insurance. Migrant worker gets hurt on the job, too bad, so sad. American employee gets hurt, it's a OSHA investigation, disability, etc.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Who will pick the crops?

Robots.

They'll work around the clock, and not poop in the turn-rows, then infecting the food with the e. Coli under their dirty fingernails.

You ready for the price of produce to skyrocket?

Migrant farmers don't make minimum wage. American employees will, if not more. Plus insurance. Migrant worker gets hurt on the job, too bad, so sad. American employee gets hurt, it's a OSHA investigation, disability, etc.

So, we need to keep mistreating illegals? Because that's working so well? Diluting our sovereignty for cheap tomatoes? We could probably import fruit from Argentina cheaper...
edit on 18-12-2018 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I say build the wall then electrify it. I mean cook your bones type current. Have a safe space and signage in any & all languages known to man, oh, let's not forget pictograms as signage for the illiterate illegals. Toast a few on said wall and the rest kinda get the point. Make Mexico remove the char.
edit on 18-12-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Honest question why doesn't the US just take over Mexico then they wont be illegal and they get America the drug cartels flooding us none stop with gangs and drugs should be reason enough .
edit on 12/18/2018 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/18/2018 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join