It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Michael Cohen a rat? his actions say yes.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: network dude

Criminals use the term RAT for people who tell the cops about the illegal activity they've been up to. A rat has to have something to tell.
Trumps been watching too many Jimmy Cagney movies.

could you offer the official definition so I could appear as informed as you do?

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

That's my understanding of the term too.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

If trump was my client I'd tape him too. The man cant tell the truth to save his own life.

The irony in writing that in a thread about Cohen...

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

From the Urban dictionary

DEC 17 rat Someone who tells the cops vital information that leads to an arrest of another person that n*** cody ratted on joe we should f*** him up

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

rat /rat/Submit noun
1. a rodent that resembles a large mouse, typically having a pointed snout and a long, sparsely haired tail. Some kinds have become cosmopolitan and are sometimes responsible for transmitting diseases.
2. INFORMAL a person regarded as despicable, especially a man who has been deceitful or disloyal. synonyms: scoundrel, wretch, rogue; More exclamationINFORMAL
1. used to express mild annoyance or irritation. verb
1. (of a person, dog, or cat) hunt or kill rats.
2. INFORMAL desert one's party, side, or cause.

link to source

Hmmm, perhaps you aren't as informed as you believe yourself to be.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Here you go

Rat:
    3. Slang . a scoundrel.

4. Slang
      a. a person who abandons or betrays his or her party or associates, especially in a time of trouble.
      b. an informer.

I'm guessing that the first two are more of what Trump is meaning, but the third is always possible.

Is it an impeachable offense to licky boom boom down?

edit on 17-12-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If Trump is breaking laws then how if he any different than the Clintons and Obamas

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I'm going with the colloquial. I'm pretty sure he doesnt mean a large mouse like rodent.
Despicable sure I can agree with that. But I feel very strongly that trump meant tattle tale.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

He's a rich guy who isn't a democrat.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Cohen is weak sauce...just wait until Pecker comes clean with his dirt on Trump.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I wonder what caused Pecker to flip on trump?

www.miamiherald.com...
edit on 17-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Please just don't talk about Pecker's sauce...

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It just seems like Trump and everyone threw him under the bus. His recordings and everything, say to me that he didn't trust trump and though something like this would happen. Remember just last year Guiliani (spelling) and Trump and everyone else was saying how honest and upstanding Cohen was.

I never really liked Cohen and like most Lawyers, was a bit shady, but I feel like he's getting the shaft here. Maybe deservedly so? but they hung him out to dry. Everyone did. I actually feel sorry for him.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Just if it involves him. If it involves Clinton they are an informer.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

If trump was my client I'd tape him too. The man cant tell the truth to save his own life.

Well yeah. It's well known by now that most of Trump's lawyers would meet with him in pairs because Trump is a pathological liar so they needed to back each other up to stop him in his lying tracks. Cohen didn't meet Trump in pairs so he recorded their conversations for preciously the same effect. Problem is, because he and Trump are criminals so those recordings can and will be used against Trump.

edit on 17-12-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Yeah thats why trump suggested cash huh?

Don't you get dizzy spinning like that all day every day?

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The media says mean things about him, all of his criminal activity is justified. Duh.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I don't know, maybe it's a misunderstanding between Aussie and American slang. But to me, referring to someone as a 'rat', strictly refers to someone who, well... ratted (dobbed in) you or someone else out.

Calling someone a 'dog' on the other hand, can have a multiple meanings... like it could just mean their disloyal or a scumbag in general.

But calling someone a rat, definitely directly refers to dobbing someone in.

edit on 17-12-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Michael Cohen is clearly a human being.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Calling someone a 'rat' or saying they 'flipped' on Trump, is actually saying it's someone who decided to tell the truth.
They have seen all the people being charged with lying, so they 'flip to the truth', or maybe that is what is meant.
Calling someone a 'rat', is mobster lingo.

David Pecker, the National Enquirer executive who verified Trump was in the room with himself and Cohen when they worked out the deal with Mcdougal, was soon after said to 'have flipped". I don't see that as flipping, unless you consider he flipped to the side of truth.

Trump is his own worst enemy.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Well yeah. It's well known by now that most of Trump's lawyers would meet with him in pairs because Trump is a pathological liar so they needed to back each other up to stop him in his lying tracks. Cohen didn't meet Trump in pairs so he recorded their conversations for preciously the same effect. Problem is, because he and Trump are criminals so those recordings can and will be used against Trump.

For some reason I have to keep asking this so you can also ignore it. Would you be OK if YOUR lawyer recorded you then leaked that recording to the press without your knowledge?

<< 1    3 >>

join