It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH Cop Tries to Kill Innocent Unconscious Teen Slamming His Face into Curb

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: Edumakated

Generally speaking, staying on the right side of the law and not being a smart ass when arrest/questioned by cops seems to significantly lessen your chance of setting off or dealing with loose cannon police.

Also known as "shut up and do what your told"

uniquely American of you to be so subservient

Generally speaking, that is called having common sense. Someone with a badge, gun, and authority to arrest you is not someone you want to argue with...

Being a minority, I was taught at a young age that you don't argue with cops. It doesn't matter if you are right or wrong. Playing Johnny Cochran on the side of the road is not an argument you are likely to win. If you have a problem, take your ticket, and deal with it in a less volatile environment to argue your case.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

Generally speaking, staying on the right side of the law and not being a smart ass when arrest/questioned by cops seems to significantly lessen your chance of setting off or dealing with loose cannon police.

Also known as "shut up and do what your told"

uniquely American of you to be so subservient

the time to argue your point is in court before a judge. arguing with a police officer is the wrong way to go and only brings trouble for everyone involved.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I could see a teenager being nervous with a possible first encounter with police.

Me, too, because I was one. But nervous first-timers aren't mouthy like that kid nor do they always repeat, "Am I under arrest? Am I under arrest?"

This kid was coached to that, probably from the same website from which the story is linked. It's a dangerous game to play.

That said, the officer was obviously in the wrong, but has been punished and lost his job and freedom (temporarily), and the kid was compensated for the offensive actions of that officer.

This played out exactly as it should have when an officer oversteps the bounds of use of force and conduct. Luckily, the kid survived this idiot.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

This kid was coached to that, probably from the same website from which the story is linked. It's a dangerous game to play.

Or by his cop father . Maybe?

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

the time to argue your point is in court before a judge. arguing with a police officer is the wrong way to go and only brings trouble for everyone involved.

Except the kid wasn't doing anything wrong initially, he stated his window wouldn't roll down all the way and then asked, when being pulled from the vehicle, if he was under arrest. There was nothing illegal or argumentative with that behavior.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If a person is too afraid to interact with a police officer then the person should consider not driving a motor vehicle.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I would wager it was from his old man who was also a police officer. My father's side of the family is all in law enforcement and gave us plenty of advice on what to do and not to do in police encounters.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
If a person is too afraid to interact with a police officer then the person should consider not driving a motor vehicle.

Fear of police is justified. Just look at this video

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Fear of police is justified. Just look at this video

Amazing how out of millions of traffic stops, millions of people are not killed. The idiots and criminals have created this most of this situation.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I would wager it was from his old man who was also a police officer. My father's side of the family is all in law enforcement and gave us plenty of advice on what to do and not to do in police encounters.

My dad was a cop. Told me to just say "Yes, Sir. No, Sir." And then shut the f*ck up in his words. Told me even I am right and think the stop / arrest or whatever is BS, just deal with it AFTERWARDS. Arguing with a cop on the side of the road is an argument you cannot and won't win.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Marginalizing don’t float anymore. The internet is rife with examples of authoritarian scumbags who abuse their power. It’s not an incident, it’s common practice. If there is one reason I wouldn’t want to spend time in the US anymore, it’s due to these sadistic pigs and their bs reasons for pulling someone over. I wouldn’t like to be in any sort of situation with them, a wrong look, a wrong word and they’ll unleash hell on you for being a smartass or questioning their pathetic authority. Even when you’re right you’re wrong to them.

They are the largest legal gang that can get away with all sorts of nasty dehumanizing crap. New colleagues are folded into their “brotherhood” making sure they follow the rules of the veterans, or be serpico’d. The time you can ask a cop the way is long gone, now they ask you where you’re from, where ya going, and don’t dare to show unease, cause they smell discontent and punish you for it. All I hope is that what they wrongfully do to others, will one day happen to their children, tenfold!

edit on 17-12-2018 by 2Faced because: DUH

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

My dad was a cop. Told me to just say "Yes, Sir. No, Sir." And then shut the f*ck up in his words. Told me even I am right and think the stop / arrest or whatever is BS, just deal with it AFTERWARDS. Arguing with a cop on the side of the road is an argument you cannot and won't win.

So you would just let them rip you out of your car and arrest you without ever even saying why and knowing you had done nothing wrong?

Yep sounds like you are trained just how they want us trained . Just shutup and do what I say.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

There are millions of interactions with police. From a purely statistical standpoint, there will be a few cops who cross the line. Last time I checked, cops are human like we all are so I don't get why it is so surprising or shocking that there are rogue cops.

Such an old, tired stupid argument. There are millions of interactions every day and in 99% of those the citizen acts appropriately and professional and non violent too.

So why are the cops always the ones so scared and escalating situations? We see alot more cops killing and beating and being violent to citizens then we see citizens beating and killing cops.

Could it be because they feel threatened now? Everyone is watching them to the point that some fear doing their job properly in case it gets videoed and taken out of context.
There was a civil rights activist that was SOO against police brutality and wanted them to try to not escalate a situation. He thought he had everything figured out (as most civilians do), until he went through their training and realized how quickly he could get killed (simulated knife attack) if he didn't treat everyone with the same level as possible threat.

That being said, this idiot that decided to take his aggression out on this kid deserves far more than what he got.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
64 Seconds from approaching the car to tazzing the kid. If cops operate like this I fear for my Grand Children. The kid didn't appear to be trying to escape justice and was probably afraid with good reason.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 17-12-2018 by ausername because:

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

So you would just let them rip you out of your car and arrest you without ever even saying why and knowing you had done nothing wrong?

Yep sounds like you are trained just how they want us trained . Just shutup and do what I say.

If you get out of the car, and obey what they say, there will be no "ripping out of the car".
I'd cooperate and then, if need be, collect my 6 million.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

What is the percentage of this end result given the millions of stops a day? Yeah, if you are that scare or that much of an argumentative idiot then don't drive.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

If you get out of the car, and obey what they say, there will be no "ripping out of the car".
I'd cooperate and then, if need be, collect my 6 million.

If he asked me to get out of the car I would ask why what did I do.

Just like this kid did. It took the cop all of another 30 seconds to escalate to violence.

When a cop pulls you over for nothing , you ask why you were pulled over . This kid had no idea why he was even pulled over much less asked to get out of the car

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

a reply to: ausername

What is the percentage of this end result given the millions of stops a day? Yeah, if you are that scare or that much of an argumentative idiot then don't drive.

I bet 10 grand there alot more citizens killed by cops then cops killed by citizens. Same old tired BS argument.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It's sad people cannot even be in a traffic stop without being jerks. The same reason the driver is afraid is the same for the officers. You reach down and pick a gun and shot him.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join