It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSINESS: Wal-Mart can't shake its Little Town Blues, NYC plan foiled

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Shots - FYI - marg is an excellent researcher - and she's got her finger on the pulse of the real world better than most. Not sure if you meant to be disrespectful but it came across that way. ...

in no way did I mean any disrespect towards marge. How did you come up with that conclusion?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I think he just added to Marg's posts...

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Shots - FYI - marg is an excellent researcher - and she's got her finger on the pulse of the real world better than most. Not sure if you meant to be disrespectful but it came across that way. ...

in no way did I mean any disrespect towards marge. How did you come up with that conclusion?

This was the post on which I based my comments on.

Interesting link Bandid, I remember that wal-mart was opening a store in China but I didn't know that they are on joint ventures, to flood American markets.

Beside I was watching today on TV something about US wanting China to loan the money or investors to cover for the privatization of social security? because our government with the deficit can not afford to do it.

We will be own by China.

I though Japan was at one time taking over.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Glad to hear you say it. Whew. [wipes sweat from forehead] I just knew you're a good guy.

I asked cuz you said "Welcome to the real world Marg." It can be a putdown. ...I feel a bit protective of marg cuz I think sometimes she doesn't get the respect she deserves because of her language difficulties.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I understand what shots was talking about he was just using my post to talk about how China can dominate the market with cheap products because the type of labor they used just like Bandid said in another previous post.

Yes, while we in the US have to follow all kind of labor laws third world countries don't have to worry about it.

Thanks Sofi, I love you all, only some of new people are the ones that question my language everybody else knows by now.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I understand what shots was talking about he was just using my post to talk about how China can dominate the market with cheap products because the type of labor they used just like Bandid said in another previous post.

Yes, while we in the US have to follow all kind of labor laws third world countries don't have to worry about it.

Thanks Sofi, I love you all, only some of new people are the ones that question my language everybody else knows by now.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by marg6043]

Ah love in cyber space isn't it grand.

I have no problem at all here when I read your posts. Sure you make some typo's but we all do that.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Wal-mart sells cheap crap. Those of you who like to shop at Wal-mart I urge you to consider the Sam Vimes Theory of Economics:

In his book, "Night Watch," Terry Pratchett presents the "Sam Vimes boots theory." His character Captain Samuel Vimes of the watch observes:

• The rich man can afford to pay $50 for a pair of boots that will last them 10 years.
  • The poor man buys $10 boots that last a season, because he only has $10 to spare.
  • At the end of 10 years, the poor man will have spent twice as much as the rich man on boots, and he will still have wet feet.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
  • At the end of 10 years, the poor man will have spent twice as much as the rich man on boots, and he will still have wet feet.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by HowardRoark]

• Thanks for that, actually my mother always said that to me, if you spend on good stuff it will last you a long time, spend on cheap stuff you may get more but it will last you less.

I took her advised, I wait until I got the money for the good stuff.
    And then I wait when it goes on sale.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join