It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick but not sick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Ever have an overall feeling of general sickness but no specific symptoms?
Like you just feel like there's something wrong inside your body, somewhere, and have little symptoms here and there but nothing major, no cold or flu... Ugh, I've been feeling like that. I'm pretty sure it must be anxiety or something. Like a lot of people I've taken a few hard hits in the past few years including the loss of my mom and the sudden and tragic loss of my sister. My entire family dynamic has changed - not for the good. Although I do my best to try and move forward and look forward to a good future vs. being angry about the past. I have a decent job but I hate the location of it... I just don't want to play the corporate game any longer. I teach at a gym and I love doing that but it's all getting to be a bit much. I keep telling myself that things have to change but everyday is the same thing over and over... and I'm feeling sickly. I eat a well balanced healthy diet, I exercise every day, plenty of movement... I hardly drink. I do smoke now and then but. I just feel like I'm mentally exhausted. Would love to just throw the tarp over the field and run away... I never feel rested after sleep and wake up a few times a night. I always feel dehydrated despite drinking plenty of water. I've had blood work and everything checks out. I have no real physical ailments... my allergies have been bothering me for weeks, making my gums hurt, etc... I don't know. Also feel like I'm always the "one" that people rely on or lean on... if I have issues or problems I just stick to my A game and don't lean on anyone. Is it in my mind? Probably.
Anyway, just wanted to get it out.
Thanks for reading if you did.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

What are you doing for your clinical mental health, seeing a therapist, psychiatrist or psychologist?

Nothing you list sounds truly physiological if you have had a true blood work up done including testing for STDs and the like.

Have you tried a gym that provides a mind+body centric approach? For example not only strength training but also offers yoga?

In general it sounds like you are dealing with the normal ups and downs of life that everyone goes through . Life and no one in it owes you anything so you need to carve your own path. Sometimes you will lose and sometimes you will win.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Maybe I just need a vacation

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I did read this....just now in my ambulance(co-incidently).

Observationally? Seems just like the seasonal depression many experience, some not even realizing they are.

You got blood work ok....everything else seems a non life threatening-changing situation...and we all have issues of varying degrees.

I WOULD recommend...and PLEASE..if these things bother you or if they get worse....seek medical or socialogical advice, ok?

I have many of the same feelings as you. It's ok to have these, and guess what the end result is in 99% of these "not feeling well...don't know why" issues?

You're normal! If bothered or overwhelmed? There is help out there.

God Bless you and Happy Holidays!

M.S./EMT
Advanced Life Support

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

This may sound weird but after I had my gallbladder removed it helped several "mystery" illnesses for me. I swear I sleep a lot better now too. I had an extreme gallbladder attack after several very stressful family events. I required emergency surgery. This may not be your case, but certainly something to look into. I also had a ton of energy after gallbladder removal, and I'm not alone. It was so bizarre I looked it up after and it appears a lot of people have felt the same thing.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I have just the thing to help you get over this.

*As long as you don't live in California.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl Try taking some B Stress complex vitamins. Maybe some St Johns Wart, its a natural mood enhancer. Personally I smoke Sativa pot, it has very little THC, and is full of cabanoids, which is the medicinal property found in pot. My pain Management Dr. told me I should try it. I did, and what a difference it makes. I have energy, focus, and my mood is generally much better. I know it may not be legal where you live, I am lucky its legal here in California. That is why I suggested B complex, and St Johns Wart. Hope you feel better.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's not in your mind sharpi. You are probably deficient in something, some foods block absorption of minerals and vitamins which can lead to those kind of symptoms. Phytates can do that, many foods have antinutrient characteristics and they seem to push these foods as healthy when they are not. many types of lettuce have two or three opium type chemistries that can cause problems to people who are calm and mellow to begin with. Here is info on one of them. en.wikipedia.org...

Now, a little of this chemistry is good for people but too much is bad. Chicory root in coffee also does a similar thing and can take away your energy. I cannot use cammomile tea, it makes me blah. Same with certain veggies, I am calm by nature, just do not push and make me mad or you will regret it.

Plant defense system chemistry is what many meds are based off of, you need to observe how things make you feel, often the effect takes up to eight hours to kick in, many times an hour or so later they is noticeable.

If the health fad says something is a super food, beware, whoever is structuring this fad has intent to dampen our energy and lower our ability to think correctly. If you cannot think properly, you cannot evaluate your problem easily and you cannot challenge the people running the show.

Is this a conspiracy....Damn right it is, there is no way that all of these foods having doping and calming chemistry are touted as super foods and all chemistry that increases your ability to reason has been called bad for you. Not unless some organization is controling the chatter and parroting. I know, it is necessary to make people somewhat dopey or sex crazed so they do not challenge government, but too much doping confuses our immune system from blocking proper communication between cells.

Drink some good coffee to increase your thinking, The cigarettes will neutralize the caffeine in the coffee turning it into ammonia in the blood which can be converted to uric acid with the aid of a cinnamon roll or cinnamon toast and the coffee makes you pee it out.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I have just the thing to help you get over this.

*As long as you don't live in California.

Resorting to strawman tactics I see.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Thanks...
Maybe I'm just being a big baby lol!
No but for real, it's been a tough year where loss is concerned. Not saying it hasn't been tough for others.
I just need a break, like not a long weekend break but a real break, which I am getting starting Friday so... we'll see how I feel after my staycation. I am sure that I'm also over-trained. I fight every morning, lift in the afternoon and teach boxing at a local place 4x per week on top of my full time job for which I have a pretty good commute.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Maybe this is your wakeup call that you need to re-examine your life, everything.

Sounds like your commute sucks (been there!) sounds like you are exercising way too much, and maybe
you haven't really had the chance to grieve properly.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Yes, a "rest cure" seems to be in order.

The losses you mentioned are perceived by the body as stress. Stress is exhausting.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
All good points - I am over trained but it seems like the only time I feel good mentally is when I'm training in the gym - lifting/running/boxing whatever. And I don't think I let myself grieve properly.. I'm good at "sucking it up"!

Anyway here is something I found out. All of my labs came back and everything looked good - except my potassium is too high. They didn't say how high and I supposed if it was critical I'd be having more symptoms or they'd get me in right away. She just said he wants to recheck it and she'd send my lab request in to the lab. That was it.

new topics

top topics

join