It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The close encounter of Robert Llimos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Robert Llimós is a catalan artist from Barcelona (Spain), born in 1943 and who has been working mostly on paintings and sculpture since the mid sixties. While not a world famous artist, his work has been featured in museums, public exhibits and private collections and has been recognized with some prizes.
So, for a painter in this day and age, he was successful enough to make of his art his main occupation and his livelihood.

Everything changed in 2009: Llimós was in Fortaleza, in Brazil, taking a walk when he saw a UFO, shaped like a classic flying saucer hovering in the air, half covered by clouds or fog. He started drawing the ship and taking some notes in his notebook.
After a time he saw lights coming from the ship and directed at him and he thought that he was being “scanned”, it was then that he saw two tall beings looking at him from a rectangular window in the ship.
He identified them as male and female and, based on his paintings, they looked like some sort of “reptilian” with scaly skin. Llimós identified them as male and female. One of the beings was taller than the other and the shorter one wore a tiara in her head; they were dressed in some kind of coat (the male one) and dress (the female). At the beginning he says that he was fearful of being taken but says that somehow they calmed him (he claims he didn’t hear any voices, more like a feeling).

He doesn’t know exactly how much time passed, but his guess is about two or three hours, before the experience ended. He also doesn’t remember being inside the ship or even too close to it, but he thinks that he may have been closer because some of the details about the beings he remembers when painting are too clear, so he assumes he may have seen them up close.
At some point the ship just kind of vanished in the clouds and he became aware of the sounds of the nature around him (birds, wind, etc.) coming back, like if they were muted before.

This would be just another close encounter story except for one detail: the experience had a profound impact on him, from that moment forward Llimós focused his work almost exclusively on depicting the beings and the ship he saw.
Most of his pictures and sculptures from 2009 until now focus on this theme.

This has caused him to be ridiculed and to lose most of his customers. For an artist who had a reputation and customers like banks or private investors and was featured in exhibitions this is certainly strange and doesn’t make much sense, but he insists that he feels like he has a duty, that he was chosen because of his artistic skills: he’s able to represent what he saw so the public is aware that ‘they’ exists and that they are ‘aware’ of us.

He has been featured in some documentaries, interviews and TV shows since then, almost always focusing on his experience and showing him as a freak or a madman, often ridiculing him.

Here’s the artist website, it has an english version and there’s a description of the encounter. You can also see his paintings, drawings and sculptures: www.robertllimos.es...

There are also links to some videos, but they’re in spanish.

From what I’ve seen and read, he’s pretty consistent in his retellings of the story, he has a tendency to ramble on: like defining his work as “space anthropology” or going on about theories about how Churchill knew about UFOs or how the CIA has actively worked to suppress some artistic currents, but the core story remains the same.

It’s possible that his is just some kind of artistic performance, an artist running with a theme, but it’s strange that someone would willingly choose to risk his livelihood or be publicly ridiculed and lose the prestige he had until then; but that wouldn’t be a first for an artist.

As with many other cases, we have only the experiencer version and little or no proof beyond that, so who knows?
edit on 17-12-2018 by Crusher because: Corrected title so it shows properly

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this - from the link need to go to latest work.

This is absolutely fascinating - and all seems quite sincere and legit.
I sympathise with this guy - about 7 years ago I had a life changing experience, not a UFO sighting, but similar, and as a result, for 2 years I read obsessively on arcane subjects, then 4 years using poetry to unlock the mystery I assumed was hidden in my subconcious, and now I have written a novel based on it - all mocked, ridiculed and ignored, and that is even without me telling anyone what inspired it all.

Good luck to this guy - I respect him, and understand fully why he has painted like this.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Crusher
SnF!

Here is some of his work.

Their long necks remind me of several reports
of this type of alien. Including a report from a "CIA interview from a remote viewer." The location was reported
to be from a Mars location.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I find the story fascinating, so I reviewed Robert Limos earlier work looking for anything strange or UFO themed prior to the 2009 encounter. He seemed to have a hang up about bare breasted women with scales (Head of a Girl III, 1993 Barcelona). it makes me wonder about his story. Some of his early sculpture work is pretty bazzar.

Maybe his tale is accurate, maybe its the product of a dream, or influenced by a TV show combined with local mushrooms. Who knows. Perhaps time will tell.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Departure V Sketch, 1974
www.robertllimos.es...

I think he likes the TV show.
The writing is also like the Visitor alphabet.
www.omniglot.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

combined with local mushrooms.

The story and descriptions do sound like an experience one may have under the influence of hallucinogenic substances be them natural or synthesized.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
One thing I have noticed when starting to look beyond the atmosphere, there are other things more important than money.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Dear Crusher
Who knows - Thank You anyway for bringing it up.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Crusher

Cool story!

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Seems kind of incomplete without the aliens telling him he has to inform the world of the dangers of atomic bombs or global warming or whatever. Colorful, though. Not like those drab gray aliens.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
nice to see that someone else is bringing obscure UFO encounters to the spotlight here in ATS

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crusher
... it’s strange that someone would willingly choose to risk his livelihood or be publicly ridiculed and lose the prestige he had until then; but that wouldn’t be a first for an artist.

Or for a best-selling author...

Thanks for the fascinating thread, Crusher.

As other have noted, what's interesting are the sterotypical elements that are NOT included within the experience. As with Strieber, we have no examinable evidence whatsoever, and believability is in the eye of the beholder, yet something about this bizarre - and yes, career-risking - story intrigues nevertheless.

As for the aliens themselves, one could almost call them "glammed-up" Grays! In other words, their shape is typical of the post-Close Encounters/Communion archetype, but with a sense of stylish fashion added.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
at least this ones smiling.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
These visitors he is painting look very friendly. I would love talk to people like that from other places.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post]Fisherr[/post]
Departure V Sketch, 1974
www.robertllimos.es...

www.omniglot.com...

Nice find, but I wonder if that's a type, it's suposed to be the fifht picture of a series started in 2009. So it's strange that the date for the fifht iteration goes back to 1974, also the style doesn't match the rest of the 70s work.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crusher

originally posted by: [post]Fisherr[/post]
Departure V Sketch, 1974
www.robertllimos.es...

www.omniglot.com...

Nice find, but I wonder if that's a type, it's suposed to be the fifht picture of a series started in 2009. So it's strange that the date for the fifht iteration goes back to 1974, also the style doesn't match the rest of the 70s work.

It makes me wonder if he was visited before, and just doesn't remember it.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Its a nice reminder that the positive ET's are around us. Not just the negative ones.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: Nickn3

combined with local mushrooms.

The story and descriptions do sound like an experience one may have under the influence of hallucinogenic substances be them natural or synthesized.

That's baloney, completely. II haven't yet read one book or heard a single story that anyone doing those things told of seeing an alien or aliens. Not even one. But it is a very popular explanation that 'debunkers' (people who have never witnessed anything). like to use.

edit on 27-12-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

top topics

join