It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare ruled unconstitutional. Do I get my penaltys back?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

The ruling was over a lawsuit filed this year by a group of Republican governors and state attorneys general. A group of intervening states led by Democrats promised to appeal the decision, which will most likely not have any immediate effect. But it will almost certainly make its way to the Supreme Court, threatening the survival of the landmark health law and, with it, health coverage for millions of Americans, protections for people with pre-existing conditions and much more. In his ruling, Judge Reed O’Connor of the Federal District Court in Fort Worth said that the individual mandate requiring people to have health insurance “can no longer be sustained as an exercise of Congress’s tax power.” Accordingly, Judge O’Connor, a George W. Bush appointee, said that “the individual mandate is unconstitutional” and the remaining provisions of the Affordable Care Act are invalid.

OK, Healthcare is a mess. Obama screwed it up massively. (and for the few folks it helped, super, I'm glad for you, honestly) It's a hugely complex issue that won't be an easy fix. I can only hope that our elected leaders have been working on something that will fix this, but that remains to be seen.

But, before we work all that out. the penalty associated with the mandate that if you can't afford our insurance, was ruled unconstitutional. My question is, does that mean I get my money back? Can I get the unconstitutionally ordered payment I had to make because I couldn't afford the insurance, back?

For me, it's few grand. So I'd be pretty happy to find out I do. Here's to hoping for some $.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Obama should hand you the check personally and apologize for the massive cluster.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

My prediction.

Medicare for all.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I predict that whatever the Govt comes up with as a replacement will be more expensive than they claim, ineffective, and riddled with corruption and fraud.

So it will be pretty much the same thing with a different name and new ways to rip people off.
edit on 17-12-2018 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Lol, sure you did. It’s a shame you can’t afford health insurance. The again doesn’t McDonald’s off health care? a reply to: network dude

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

That check comes separately from your 'too big to fail' check.

It's in the mail.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Yes, come down to the Treasury (you know which access tunnel to use), I'm running a batch of new Benjis, take what you need.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

No, but you do get to keep the premiums that doubled. The gift that keeps on giving.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Lol, sure you did. It’s a shame you can’t afford health insurance. The again doesn’t McDonald’s off health care? a reply to: network dude

Hard time typing? It's okay, you never make any sense anyways.

So, giving him crap about healthcare? And you? Served for a year during the peaceful era of the 80s, a mighty fine waterboy you were, juicing all us real Soldiers, grab your 214 and suck away at that veteran healthcare, hmmm?

Lol, what a joke.

---

On topic, sorry had to WIPE 😌

Anyways, a lot of folks would be very happy with that. At the time, before we were married, my GF would have to pay that penalty.

Wouldn't that be something?

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy

Look kid, It's cool to think you are some witty guy, but actually, you aren't. You have ZERO clue how my finances and family were affected by the 2008 crash, hell, you were probably crying because mommie didn't buy you the furby you wanted. Here is a news flash for you. Some folks didn't do so well in a recession. Please remember, your inadequate view of the world, is not the way it really works. When you grow up, you will see that.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

The again doesn’t McDonald’s off health care?

Well done.

Very well done.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

He's right, Mickey D's will off your health care, that stuff is garbage.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Turns out they can't offer free lunch AND health care.

I heard it was a conflict of interest.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, come down to the Treasury (you know which access tunnel to use), I'm running a batch of new Benjis, take what you need.

I just need a few fat stacks. Leave them in the usual place, and I'll grab them on my way to the CFR meeting.

eta: Aw hell, I'm joking with AM, I hope I don't get brought up on masonic charges.
edit on 17-12-2018 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It's cool, soon the only thing working at McDonalds will be feces-covered kiosks and all will be well in the world.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Spoiler alert, they'll sell insurance too!

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I just need a few fat stacks. Leave them in the usual place, and I'll grab them on my way to the CFR meeting.

Under the Pike statue? Done.

Oh, by the way, say 'hi' to Georgie S. and Baron von R., tell them 'the FED is ready', repeat, 'the FED is ready'.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Spoiler alert, they'll sell insurance too!

With all the fat bastards in this country hopefully they can supersize the coverage.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Sure can. It will be the BigmacTax.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I had to pay a lot of penalties myself. I was working in a kitchen at the time but was still considered above the poverty line. I even enlisted in Obamacare but couldn't keep up with my payments so I was thrown off and got more penalties. But, you know, healthcare for all right? What a joke.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join