It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The state vs the family

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Thanks for that. Getting some practical advice on this site is like finding a diamond in the dirt. It does happen but takes a lot of digging.

As an update, Both parents have provided further drug tests and it is coming up all clear on the opioid issue. The child has been put into foster care with the parents allowed about 90 minutes access a day. Maybe next week a review of custody will happen.

For now the parents are doing what they can, got the message very clear that the state is in charge.

These parents are in their mid 30/s, have a history of dysfunctional, blended and broken homes. My parents where not perfect either, but I have stood by them and done what I can. The motivation that having a child does bring is extraordinary. Keeping this family together will put them all on a better track. As for if its going to be enough, time will tell.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This is a tough subject to talk about with so much personal information involved.

As for a better line, the courts are involved, will take time and some support may not be a bad thing. I known its tough and took me a couple of week to even have something to say. Since they knew this kid was coming the family has been doing better. It does hurt to see the one motivation for them to fix it up taken away.

On the risk assessment there are some concerns. But this is also reciprocated with the parents participation in the medical community. While doctors to try to do more good than bad, finding one that can actually do it in the more complex cases ain't easy. As a bystander, is has Cathy O Brian all over it. But maybe that is just my perspective.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join