It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 100 year march - A philosopher in Poland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Stefan Molyneux travels to Poland to join and record their 100th anniversary of independence. He covers their 20th century history and why they have the political and moral mindset they currently hold. Poland had a rough history over the last century and has left a resilient culture. Some vital subjects are explored germane to today's political climate.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Just wanted to thank you for the thread. At 20 mins now. It's captivating.

We need to shake off the funk. Smile while we grind until we win. Laugh as tears of joy shatter our stone faces.

Keep joy alive. Enjoy the dignity of our struggle. Know that purifying hardships make us noble.

I'm with Poland. Do like the Poles do.

edit on 12 16 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It's funny how people see everything through one dimension. In Poland they are fighting the left because for so many years leftist leaders were horrific to the people. I don't think corruption in government is something that only occurs on the left. Power corrupts. It has nothing to do with political spectrum. Regardless of what type of government you have, power will corrupt and corruption can make people's lives miserable.

In America, my country, people have just as much freedom if not more than Poland. The people in America are free. Especially the people in power. The American people in power are free to pass many laws creating cartels and monopolies because that is what the American people are paying for through the influence of lobbyists. In America all our BIG money free-markets have been shut-down by special interests looking to make a killing by rigging the system.

The video says the people in Poland are very happy. Let's see how happy the people of Poland are with laissez faire capitalism 30 or 50 years from now.

Maybe the people of Poland will figure out a way to prevent their country's elites from rigging the system. Good luck with that! The people in power loath the common man. Power corrupts absolutely. People in power lose all morality when they are drunk with power. This is why the leaders of the communist party failed.

Until this fatal flaw in human nature is elevated to the point of common recognition NOTHING will change. Right wing, left wing, it doesn't matter. Poverty kills whether it is poverty of spirit or poverty of material wealth.

edit on 17-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm going to add i found this very deeply moving and have to agree with his comments about 'having your history stolen, made ashamed of your ancestors'. This really hit home a couple years ago when it was the rage to tear down every statue of Confederate soldiers. Those were my ancestors memories they were tearing down, my ancestors they were trying to shame. I know history well enough to know the sins and mistakes of the past and see them for what they were. To throw out everything good they may have ever done over a continuing social sin is a terrible wrong in itself. It's as if Einstein had committed murder so let's throw out everything he said and wrote.

The idea that any particular group of people are blameless and pure because they were victimized at some point is equally ridiculous and out of proportion to reality. This ranking of peoples in a moral pyramid over a singular interpretation of history is one of those tower of Babel moments of monumental stupidity and arrogance. I can't wait until we outgrow it.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Too bad for Poland that their protectors the UK, is soon going to get out of the EU, leaving them in the # just like it happened in 1939 .... oops !

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   
There are a few countries (not just in Europe) who are trying to maintain their national Identities; nationalism is not all bad unless you are a globalist.. Good for them IMO.

I could be a globalist but show me a government or a religion I would submit to for none can go forth without blame. Some really are better than others though...As far as Religion I ain't got none by name however I can live in a Buddhist country and be very comfortable with their live and let live philosophy and superstitions that they do not force on anyone else.

The Muslim religion/government/control of the people is something I never want to experience again. To many things that are abhorrent to me.. I can speak a just enough Arabic to maybe save my butt if I am ever looking at the business end or muzzle of a weapon.

A Christian country and their moralist thoughts are great until they try the old scare tactic of the fire and brimstone stuff. Otherwise the honesty and caring is something to admire in a basic real Christen belief system.

Good Government is a dream we all want. IMO the best government is small/transparent and does not try to be everything to everyone and certainly does not rob from Peter to give to the freeloader Paul.

edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
100 year march to what ? To "Das uebermensch" ? Hmm, too bad Jozef Mengele isn't here to see the great progress achieved by the descendants of the Nazis in Poland. I am not sure they really reached Das Uebermensch ... but the child torture and eugenics is going according to plan ...

new topics

top topics

join