It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today in Brussels People Protest Adoption of the UN Migration Pact

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Well, that's a local problem that your government needs to solve

It isn't just a local problem though is it , it's a Europe wide problem thanks to the policies of Merkel and her cronies and the people of Europe are complaining , as usual those complaints of the people are falling on deaf ears but hopefully we'll be free of that soon.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

No, it's a local problem, not all European countries are in the same situation. In fact, each European country has a specific situation, considering all the same is wrong, as there isn't a solution that can be applied to all cases. For example, do you have an idea of how many illegal immigrants (we are not talking about refugees) have entered the UK in the last year?

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: uncommitted

I did read the OP, you sounded very critical that May had signed it - why was that?

Because I'm critical that May has signed it , the UK already takes in refugees and migrants from all over the world we don't need to sign up to a UN agreement that is no doubt more than the sum of its parts.

Legal rights for illegal immigrants is not a sensible move but it is part of a political agenda run by the Elites , it is for their benefit not ours , the people.

So, basically you haven't read it at all have you? A plan that looks at trying to minimise the reasons people feel they need to move from their home country isn't something you like then? There is nothing in the pact that talks about increasing the number of migrants a country is ethically expected to allow, but of course right wing idiots who can't be bothered to actually read it will spout off as usual as though their opinion comes from some level of understanding.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

but of course right wing idiots who can't be bothered to actually read it will spout off as usual as though their opinion comes from some level of understanding.

Makes a change from being called a Leftist I suppose.
edit on 16-12-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Another step into the future of control. There are some asking why more isn't done to counter this and the answer is easily explained - Stick a frog is boiling water and it'll jump right out, but place it in cool/warm water and slowly turn up the heat and the frog will simmer to death.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think I can narrow this down;
Everyone has 'human rights" except the taxpayers who foot the bill.
edit on 16-12-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
So has anyone here actually read the full agreement?

The full PDF of it is available here:
refugeesmigrants.un.org...

About 90% of it is pretty much just the countries signing it are agreeing to collect data on migrations in their countries.

There's really not much in there at all telling countries signing it to do anything else at all....

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

how many illegal immigrants (we are not talking about refugees) have entered the UK in the last year?

How can you get an idea when they are indeed illegal? They don't exactly brag about it

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

For example, do you have an idea of how many illegal immigrants (we are not talking about refugees) have entered the UK in the last year?

impossible to say , not only are they stowing away on lorries to cross the channel but we now have boat people crossing the channel.
Where there's a need organised crime takes the lead.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I think I can narrow this down;
Everyone has 'human rights" except the taxpayers who foot the bill.

Then it's a local problem that the taxpayers should solve with their government. In the same way immigrants shouldn't have less rights than the citizens of the country they chose as their new home, they shouldn't have more rights.

Basic human rights should apply to anyone.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

It doesn't matter, people see the word "immigration" and immediately think of all those bad things some media like to spread, regardless of them being true or not.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

So, it's a huge problem, but nobody has an idea of how many illegal immigrants are in the UK.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The UN Migration Pact was unknown about by me until mention of it was posted here on ATS , I guess it's still unknown to many in my country as so little has been said about it but today people in Brussels have taken to the streets to protest the adoption of the pact

Arbour argued that although the pact is not legally binding, it is still worthwhile. “The pact is a major cooperation project ... a political initiative to align initiatives for the common benefit,” she said.

That quote in your post made me lol!!

Typical of the workings of the EU and how they are trying to pass of the

*Irish backstop* in Brexit .....

"Its not legally binding" ......
at least not yet

"Its worth while".....
For who ?

"Its a major cooperation project" .......
Till we make it permanant

"A political initiative to align initiatives for the common benefit" .......GOT YA

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I don't think most people have an issue with providing whatever real refugees need it's just that someone else makes all these decisions then tells them they have no business saying how many can come and how fast. I put "human rights' in quotations to represent them more as a reference to open-ended expense accounts rather than principles based in ethics.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This UN Migration Pact gives the illusion that the migration accordingly with the law. Yet this Migration Pact is nothing more then more open borders. I wish there were more protests agaisnt it because ordinary and those on the left clearer have no idea how bad the UN pact really is.
edit on 16-12-2018 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Always appeals to the emotions, these Liberal ideals and “United Nations” pacts. Movement of people from one land mass to another, and everything they believe will clash with the locals. But make the locals pay for absolutely everything the other group deserves based off of feelings for all humanity.
I will never understand that part of the left. They fight like hell to get these people somewhere and have them cared for at others expense, but these same people they fight for would rather see them dead. And the people here that fight for their rights (veterans) to do all these things die in the streets.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

This is huge. I am now convinced that we are heading to a healthy revolt and global reset for the greater good of all.

edit on 12 16 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

I did read the OP, you sounded very critical that May had signed it - why was that?

Because I'm critical that May has signed it , the UK already takes in refugees and migrants from all over the world we don't need to sign up to a UN agreement that is no doubt more than the sum of its parts.

Legal rights for illegal immigrants is not a sensible move but it is part of a political agenda run by the Elites , it is for their benefit not ours , the people.

So, basically you haven't read it at all have you? A plan that looks at trying to minimise the reasons people feel they need to move from their home country isn't something you like then? There is nothing in the pact that talks about increasing the number of migrants a country is ethically expected to allow, but of course right wing idiots who can't be bothered to actually read it will spout off as usual as though their opinion comes from some level of understanding.

Minimize the reasons people feel they need to move from their home country how? please post how that will happen with the UN Migration Pact, without tax payer money from 1st world countries going to subsidize 3rd world countries.

Let me guess, the UN will use this to start adding a global tax to fund welfare, i mean social programs for 3rd world countries. That is the quickest way the UN can become our global government.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I don't like this migration mainly because for many it's silent islamization of the western world however I like this UN agenda.
Maybe it will help those legit migrants that politely fill and pay for visa applications only to be refused because of country of origin etc. All while others simply violate the borders and enter and get paid.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

From the UK stance, and nothing against immigrants, that can behave themselves, or wish to integrate into our communities, but this seems like a nonsensical idea.

The UK already has 300,000 homeless persons to address, with there numbers only growing daily, which we are not dealing with in any kind of significant manner.

So the question has to be asked, where are all these poor people who this type of pact is supposed to accommodate going to live should they come to our shores?

edit on 17-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join