It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis of Brexit

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
With regard to modern, low energy (good idea in theory) LED lightbulbs;

*Recent data show blue light from digital devices activates retinal in your eye to attack macular photoreceptor cells, accelerating age-related macular degeneration, a leading cause of blindness

*Exposure to blue light also affects your ability to produce enough melatonin to achieve quality sleep, thus increasing your risk of heart disease, stroke, obesity and other health problems

Kasun Rathnayake, a Ph.D. student from the research group, commented:10
"It's toxic. If you shine blue light on retinal, the retinal kills photoreceptor cells as the signaling molecule on the membrane dissolves. Photoreceptor cells do not regenerate in the eye. When they're dead, they're dead for good."
articles.mercola.com...

The human eye requires full spectrum light to maintain long term eye health. LED's use short wave blue spectrum light only. Light bulbs as well as blue screen devices have hidden poor health implications.

One negative health impact is an increased risk of diabetes

Record 169 UK patients a week get diabetes-related amputations
www.theguardian.com...

Good chance all these good ideas in theory being adopted into legally enforced practice would lead to nations of blind amputees.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I think that we have to face a few facts - Brexit has become the most divisive issue in our lifetimes, creating a political stalemate and a Parliamentary logjam of epic proportions. It's killed the political career of one Prime Minster, fatally poisoned another and revealed the Leader of the Opposition to be (as I suspected) an opportunistic idiot.
We need a new vote.
(Waits until the screaming dies down a bit)
There is a reason why I say that. It's been two and a half years - a quarter of a decade - since the vote. Frankly a lot of people have changed their minds on this on both sides. We need to have a vote on the deal that is being offered, although that is conditional on if May and her pack of halfwits release all the details, as well as the legal advice that was given to them.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg
I'm up for it if the vote is purely on the deal or WTO rules. I disagree with a vote which asks leave or remain again, and the deal must be leaving the EU as the majority who could be arsed voted for.
Off-topic, I just noticed you are in London, what you doing in that cesspit? Cardiff is much nicer, friendlier people, less stabby youths etc.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I'm up for it if the vote is purely on the deal or WTO rules. I disagree with a vote which asks leave or remain again, and the deal must be leaving the EU as the majority who could be arsed voted for.
Off-topic, I just noticed you are in London, what you doing in that cesspit? Cardiff is much nicer, friendlier people, less stabby youths etc.

Whatever the referendum is, I just want it to be fairly run and not a load of incoherent fearmongering twaddle, as Cameron kept screaming about. Project Fear, in it's multiple iterations, drove me mad with fury. I wanted facts, not insults. I also wanted the truth from people like Boris Johnson, but fat chance of that as that giant puffball will say anything if it increases his chances of getting into No. 10.
As for why London - money mate. My job keeps me here, along with my parents, who are both now in their eighties and who retired to the coast of Essex. We need to be close to them.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Frankly a lot of people have changed their minds on this on both sides. We need to have a vote on the deal that is being offered, although that is conditional on if May and her pack of halfwits release all the details, as well as the legal advice that was given to them.

So glad you quantified ^^^that^^^ as I have just been listening to yet another

discussion on TV, and it crossed my mind that in all of the discussions I have

seen It is ALWAYS assumed that it is only ever the'leavers' who change their minds

and now wish to remain
It never seems to occur to them that it could be

the other way around.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Truth from BoJo or any politician is a pipe dream lol
Time is running out though, I haven't a clue how this is gonna pan out now, may just see what odds the bookies are giving, might be the best forecast out of all the pundits.

...London, yep, money talks at the end of the day, I couldn't imagine living there though, I'd hate it, I only go to London to protest. May be back there soon depending on what happens with Brexit.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: lacrimoniousfinale

originally posted by: jeep3r
a reply to: DigginFoTroof
At the time of the referendum, nobody seemed to know what a Brexit actually involves.

Correct. So what did people do? They took the simplistic view, and voted to leave:
a) because they don't want Polish people living on their street
b) because it would show the Germans, French and Spanish that we can get along fine without them.

Well, here we are two years down the line, and suddenly immigration is no longer a problem. I haven't heard the word mentioned for the last year and a half. And we continue to buy German cars and French houses, and we all go to Spain on holiday three times a year.

It's all very confusing. I think that the Government has wisely taken the pragmatic view that we are better off having a positive relationship with our near neighbours than we are isolating ourselves completely from them. Not least, of course, when 45 percent of our exports go there, and when whole industries depend on employable European staff to exist.

With double the imports from Europe, so they need UK more.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff
True.
Spain would go bankrupt if UK citizens stopped going there. The Germans will still want to sell us their cars.
All this doom talk is ridiculous in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
For all those who think the UK cannot survive without the EU ......

Laura Ashley typical British store/business which expanded into Europe is

now (just heard on the news) is expanding into China......

So maybe that is where the business and success of the future lies? Maybe

The UK should take a leaf out of the book of a successful business and move

on. No doubt Laura Ashley will be moving some of the EU business too.

Time to move on the world is changing ...... move modernise or die.

The world doesnt revolve around the EU ...The EU is not the centre of the universe.

edit on 17-12-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
It is ALWAYS assumed that it is only ever the'leavers' who change their minds

and now wish to remain
It never seems to occur to them that it could be

the other way around.

Oh well if there is another vote tptb will rig it lol..... it will be what they want it to be.
Do you believe that tptb ever rig elections or not?
edit on 17-12-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I wouldnt put it past them!

they do everything else , the only thign they dont do is look after the people that keep them in power !

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I did not vote and neither did many of my friends and family because of lack of trust in the voting system. If there is another vote we will all be voting to leave.
I wonder...... what does the Queen of England want?

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

The UK does very little business with China compared to the EU. Generally, because the quality is #. Can't wait to buy my over-priced Laura Ashley Chinese tat. Sounds like Laura needs to find another market for her garbage.

Only you can find a positive in this story.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
She's the queen of Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Grenada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Solomon Islands, and Tuvalu, as well.
Just saying...

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: Agartha

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Meps only have an advisory role.
If they vote down a comission proposal, the president can then ASK the comission to reconsider.

Your mep is also not allowed to introduce a bill to create or rescind a law.

It's simply a tachnocracy dressed up as a democracy.

MEPs have the power to approve, amend or reject nearly all EU legislation. They hold the European Commission to account and can force it to resign. -- LINK/ Evidence --

If you are cool with that, fine, but you shouldn't lie to people to make it sound democratic, it clearly is not.

I am not lying and you should concentrate on discussing the topic, not ATS members.... you know, go after the ball not the player.

Dishonest again.
www.europarl.europa.eu...

Read your link again. It doesn't say what you seem to think it does.

More information on the ordinary legislative procedure 

Consultation

The European Parliament may approve or reject a legislative proposal, or propose amendments to it. The Council is not legally obliged to take account of Parliament’s opinion but in line with the case-law of the Court of Justice, it must not take a decision without having received it.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
The UK does very little business with China compared to the EU. Generally, because the quality is #. Can't wait to buy my over-priced Laura Ashley Chinese tat. Sounds like Laura needs to find another market for her garbage.
Only you can find a positive in this story.

Having a negative attitude gets no one anywhere. People who achieve

have positive attitudes.

It is good business practice to find new markets before business starts.

falling off. Theres a saying first off the starting blocks has the best chance of

being first past the post.

It could be because of the EU that the UK does little business with China but

China has been experiencing rapid economic growth for years and is
expected to reach another milestone this year. Bloomberg predicts the
country’s economy will exceed that of the Euro Zone before the end of 2018.

As for the quality of goods from China.....ever heard of *quality control* the

buyer controls quality, poor unacceptable quality no sale, I would have thought

that was obvious.....

As for your comment " Can't wait to buy my over-priced Laura Ashley Chinese tat.
Sounds like Laura needs to find another market for her garbage."

I have never bought anything Laura Ashley, However I can appreciate they obviously

have a good market,are innovated, forward thinking and have a good business model.

I'd bet you wouldn't mind being financially a few grand behind them.

Envy is such an ugly trait .........

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

And how does Laura Ashley moving production to China benefit the UK. Seems to me, like most Brexiteers multi-millionaires they are #ing off before the # hits the fan.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

For all those who think the UK cannot survive without the EU ......

Laura Ashley typical British store/business which expanded into Europe is

now (just heard on the news) is expanding into China......

So maybe that is where the business and success of the future lies? Maybe

The UK should take a leaf out of the book of a successful business and move

on. No doubt Laura Ashley will be moving some of the EU business too.

Time to move on the world is changing ...... move modernise or die.

The world doesnt revolve around the EU ...The EU is not the centre of the universe.

You forgot to mention that Laura Ashley is also closing 40 UK stores.

You also forgot to mention that we already trade with China and the rest of the world, possibly on better terms than we will get on our own.

Who benefits? The globalists who want a hard Brexit.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

And how does Laura Ashley moving production to China benefit the UK. Seems to me, like most Brexiteers multi-millionaires they are #ing off before the # hits the fan.

Theres a difference between leaving ..... and expanding a business.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

You forgot to mention that Laura Ashley is also closing 40 UK stores.

No I didn't forget to mention ...... There are a lot of stores closing down

and today it was in the news that restaurants are closing down at a pace

too, due to the internet and the convenience and changing ways people

are shopping. The restaurants are closing due to the trend of pop up street

food.

But of course I am fully aware that every failing business, RTA, storm,

earthquake, any thing and everything that happens now will be blamed on

Brexit ...... regardless.

You also forgot to mention that we already trade with China and the rest of the world, possibly on better terms than we will get on our own.

Who benefits? The globalists who want a hard Brexit.

Again I didnt forget to mention But I dont have a negative attitude. You

mention better terms, chances are they will be better (less people taking

a cut) I'm no globalist but I'd settle for a hard Brexit.

edit on 17-12-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join