It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis of Brexit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

Brexit is not such a disaster if Britain gets back control of it's own policies . Even Britain's trade policy was given up to Europe , but at this point we're already back into British control of trade policy . That is a step into instability , but better that than giving all those policy decisions to an undemocratically-balanced party in Europe instead . The future put in their terms would have been an insufferable dictatorship as it already had become . Europe with all its bailouts is hardly stable anyway

^^^^Thats^^^^^

Without mentioning the yearly membership of £13 billion nett annually,

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I've said multiple times that current contracts would be honoured. After that though the Clyde is screwed.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I've said multiple times that current contracts would be honoured. After that though the Clyde is screwed.

Yes and you cannot seem to get it through your head that its your opinion that after that Clyde is screwed.

Which is fair enough, its your opinion, have at it.

Its not a fact though.

I hold a different opinion to you, also not a fact, that the shipping industry in Scotland will continue just in a different way and on a different scale.

You just need to chill out with our anti-Scottish rhetoric thats staining all of your posts.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

This is the bit your missing. The corporation of London and its offshore subsidiaries is the biggest tax dodge in the world. The EU wants to look at this cake and the establishment is shaking. Thats why the conservatives have been trying their best to bale. They all have money in off shore bank accounts. Old money.

The conservatives want to remain in!! most of them including T.May want

to remain in the EU.

One of the reasons the leavers are furious is that a *remainer* is leading

*Brexit*
Laughable really.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Brexit is not such a disaster if Britain gets back control of it's own policies . Even Britain's trade policy was given up to Europe , but at this point we're already back into British control of trade policy . That is a step into instability , but better that than giving all those policy decisions to an undemocratically-balanced party in Europe instead . The future put in their terms would have been an insufferable dictatorship as it already had become . Europe with all its bailouts is hardly stable anyway

^^^^Thats^^^^^

Of which we get about £ 10 billion back.

And that excludes the massive economic benefits of being in the Single Market.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

The Clyde will probably tick on making crappy patrol ships for the new Scottish navy lol

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

^^^^Thats^^^^^

Yeah, without the single market, would we have all those super foodbanks still?

And 3bn a year is nothing to be sniffed at, is it? That's a lot of teaching assistants and books, right there.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

You forgot to mention it is spent at their behest. Not how we wish to

spend it! which is virtully OUR money given to them to give back a pittance

to us as some sort of GRAND *benevolent gesture*

edit on 16-12-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

^^^^Thats^^^^^

Yeah, without the single market, would we have all those super foodbanks still?

And 3bn a year is nothing to be sniffed at, is it? That's a lot of teaching assistants and books, right there.

Our ability to have these things is directly affected by the strength of economy. Even the most positive assessments of brexit on economy suggest a significant hit.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I can't help the anti Scottish rhetoric because you are the only ones who wish to remain in the EU.
I will fight you over that every time. Same if we were speaking at the pub.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You forgot to mention it is spent at their behest. Not how we wish to

spend it! which is virtully OUR money given to them to give back a pittance

to us as some sort of GRAND *benevolent gesture*

EU budget & spending is a tiny % of UK government spending.

Amongst other things it provides regional development spending, something that historical UK government's ( both red & blue) have been extremely poor at providing.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I can't help the anti Scottish rhetoric because you are the only ones who wish to remain in the EU.
I will fight you over that every time. Same if we were speaking at the pub.

What about the Irish, London, lets face it....the welsh don't seem to keen on it either. Actually I looked over the numbers add to that.... Manchester 60% remain, Bristol 61% remain, Liverpool, 58% remain....

so you going to fight us all?

Or are you going to accept that actually there were 16 million people who voted to remain and that number seems to be growing with very few actually wanting a no-deal Brexit and they should also be listened to.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I'll fight anyone mate. I'm the Cornish version of your Soloprotocol, it's why I like him.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

How awfully coarse of you . We are not amused

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip
Who is "we" ?
Just you yeh?

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

No it's the Royal We you plebeian

Let's stay on topic

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Contracts will be completed for sure but the Clyde is #ed afterwards lol

Will they though? We don't know the small print. BAE may be compelled to move production elsewhere. Regardless, this is speculative.

I would be very sad to see the populist nationalists persuade the Scots that they should leave the UK. Certainly, if the Scots do leave the UK the shipyards on the Clyde will die, regardless of the odd ferry order the Scottish government contrives to throw their way.
edit on 16/12/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Angela Merkel stands firm as Germany's refugee row intensifies
Dispute could bring down coalition government, while leaders of France and Italy debate EU immigration policy
The standoff in Berlin echoed deepening divisions across Europe over how to handle irregular migration. The issue was also the focus of talks in Paris on Friday, at which the French president, Emmanuel Macron, and Italy’s prime minister, Giuseppe Conte, called for radical, Europe-wide changes to EU refugee policy....
www.theguardian.com...

Thank you for confirming what I posted in my reply to you before: the open door policy only involves Germany as the EU court rejected it for all other countries.

And as your link states, Macron has called for an even tougher protection of Europe's external borders and with France and Italy pushing there will be changes in the future so that the 2015 scenario won't be repeated.

The UK created and proposed the trading policies the EU currently use. The UK has never lost control of any trading policy. But please, enlighten us with one example of those policies the UK has lost control over (just to make it 'easier' for you, I can confirm with evidence that the UK negotiated the creation of regional funds in 1974 , renegotiated the Common fisheries policy in 1983 and lead the way for the CAP reform in 1987... all things Brexiteers complain about now).

And please explain how the EU is a dictatorship, because I can show you in simple terms how the EU works.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Setting vat more specifically, cutting and abolishing vat is no longer allowed by national governments wI think the eu.

It's impossible to make a trade deal for any national government in the eu. There's 2.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

More BS on the whole "They didn't know what they wanted" remark that so many people mostly remainers use to try and make those who voted Leave, look foolish and that our opinions were flawed. I can help you, the leave vote was a vote for freedom, to have our laws made in our country, to have our fishing rights back, be able to trade with the rest of the world, to distance ourselves from a Union that is now moving towards less control for country governments and more for unelected figure heads, a union that is moving closer to a military control by Brussels, a call for a central banking system that is controlled by the EU.

Why people continue to pretend that leavers didn't know what they voted for or wanted is beyond me. We voted to leave because leave is better than having the UK locked in with a union that is becoming ever more federalized where member states do not have control over some of the important things that any country should have.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join