It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis of Brexit

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
Tribute ale is English nice brew bottled or on tap.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Cool i'll see if they have it tonight as we are off out for our office xmas party etc !

but I also need to nip to the post office before it closes !

ahh the joys of xmas !

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: SprocketUK

They do not go before a full parliament for a vote and a debate.

Yes they do. Stop lying.

I woud suggest that you dont know a single thing about how that organisation you profess to love so much works.

Do you even know what a trilogue is?

If you did, you would understand that it is a mechanism to speed up the legislative process to a rubber stamping exercise and that bills passed under this methodology don't get 2nd or 3rd readings and the content of the bills are not publicly available.

But hey, its ok right? Might not be proper democracy but it's good enough for you Scots it seems.

And to think you are always whining over independence from England...Crazy. maybe Westminster should have been more opaque and distant in it's dealings with you then, you'd have loved them more.

Here you go, if you can find a sober adult at this time of night up there, get them to read it to you.

www.euractiv.com...

Again your link doesn't back up your claim.

www.europarl.europa.eu...

If you had read it...

Your link by the way fails to refute anything I wrote. maybe you should have read that page too, before you posted it, like.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

It refutes your claim that there is no vote. Your lies are just getting rather pathetic now.

Sure, argue like a six year old, ignore the context of what I wrote and twist reality to suit your silly lack of understanding.

If it was all rosy there wouldn't be so many things that so many people dislike about the eu.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: SprocketUK

the italians love tennents export and super , and apparently Italy is one of Tennents largest customers!

but as said he said , brew dog or brewery West !

Scotland has nice beer and ales !
hmmmw hat notable lagers does England have that Ive actually drank

well I remember drinking Carling , but its like drinking watered down shandy

Brewdog, ha yes.
I have to admit that I love that stuff.
Especially elvis juice and mister president.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
I did all my Christmas cards yesterday, wrote them at the pub while nursing a pint then posted them in one big envelope to my Mother's house, the whole deal cost over 30 quid!
NEWSFLASH: Brexit will mean the end of Christmas, Santa will die and Rudolf will starve because animal feeds will be too expensive...his red nose will slowly dwindle into a boring brown as he starves to death...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

They do not go before a full parliament for a vote and a debate.

Yes they do. Stop lying.

I woud suggest that you dont know a single thing about how that organisation you profess to love so much works.

Do you even know what a trilogue is?

If you did, you would understand that it is a mechanism to speed up the legislative process to a rubber stamping exercise and that bills passed under this methodology don't get 2nd or 3rd readings and the content of the bills are not publicly available.

But hey, its ok right? Might not be proper democracy but it's good enough for you Scots it seems.

And to think you are always whining over independence from England...Crazy. maybe Westminster should have been more opaque and distant in it's dealings with you then, you'd have loved them more.

Here you go, if you can find a sober adult at this time of night up there, get them to read it to you.

www.euractiv.com...

Again your link doesn't back up your claim.

www.europarl.europa.eu...

If you had read it...

Your link by the way fails to refute anything I wrote. maybe you should have read that page too, before you posted it, like.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

It refutes your claim that there is no vote. Your lies are just getting rather pathetic now.

Sure, argue like a six year old, ignore the context of what I wrote and twist reality to suit your silly lack of understanding.

If it was all rosy there wouldn't be so many things that so many people dislike about the eu.

Arguing like a six year is keep telling the same lies even after your shown to be wrong.

At least your right about Elvis Juice, get your hands on some Fallen Grapevine, similar idea and very very good.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Whats the point trying to be sensible with you if you are just going to try and bs your way out of a corner?

Even the EU ombudsman has criticised trilogues.

Yet you are trying to pretend they are just the same as any other form of legislation.

Its wrong and if you have a brain and a conscience, you should know it is.

I get that you are trying to win an argument with a stranger on the internet, but dammit, just how far down do you have to stoop before things become too undemocratic even for you? Or is there no level to which you will not descend?

Jeez, stick to the point, once again you are trying to denigrate me instead of refuting my claims... what is it they say, slander is the tool of the loser LOL

They do not go before a full parliament for a vote and a debate, they are done in small sessions and in relative secrecy yet make up 70 odd per cent of legislature in the EU.

Once again: yes they do. all agreements reached in trilogues still need to by approved by all three institutions, the parliament, commission and council and it's always been this way. I know it's a long read with complex academic words, but try to read it all: -Link I posted before-

You can also request any document used in the trilogues, as decided by the European Court of Law in 2018: -Another link I posted before, please do debate it instead of focusing on talking rubbish about me-

I will now repeat something I have said once before, which has been completely ignored: the EU is not perfect, far from it, and I would like the 4th column of trilogues to also be as transparent as the rest. But it is a democratic institution. And for the UK (well, England) to say it is not, it's really hypocritical seeing as the 2016 referendum was the most undemocratic vote this country has seen.

And seeing as you are avoiding a proper discussion with me, I will copy and paste for the 3rd time a couple of question I have asked you and you have also ignored, which makes me wonder why...LOL:

EU members have to follow the EU tax regime which suggests a 15% rate. The UK chooses to impose a much higher rate of 20%. Has the UK ever asked the EU to lower the Vat rate? I don't think so, as it is higher than proposed. Has the UK ever proposed to stop the EU tax legislation? Do you understand why the EU tax rule was created?

And sorry it takes me so long to reply but I am a nurse who works long hours and overtime so that others can sit at home cashing on benefits I pay with my taxes. I wish I had more time to be idle... oh, and Merry Christmas.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
can I just ask what others think of this int he Post Brexit world

Why would two banks build brand new headquarters in Glasgow , if the economy remaining stable isnt a certainty
Why would banks take the risk of building two brand new HQ's in Glasgow , not London or anywhere else in the UK.

It is often understood that the banks know what the future holds , because they heavily analyse the markets and economy
so do they know something we dont ?

My speculative mind went mental !

Brexit could trigger another independence ref for Scotland , so why then would banks build new HQ's if Scotland is to fail outside of the Union according to nearly every news article and economist they said Scotland wouldnt be able to go it alone , yet here we have two new HQ's getting built right now in the tradeston area across the river from the current financial district of the city centre.

Remember all the threats from banks when Scotland's independence was being discussed before the referendum , all the banks threatened to leave Scotland , many other businesses also.
So why is this any different when there is a very strong chance of another indy ref post brexit

edit on 7-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I'm starting to wonder if this whole thing by Theresa May is a kamikaze attempt to derail brexit and keep us in the EU, I've seen others say this but there was a noise she made on the Andrew Marr show that makes me think this is the case...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
I'd be impressed if she pulled that off, we voted leave.
...checks prices of train tickets to London lol

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

My money's on an extension. Oddly, MPs who have been content for Parliament to be secondary to the EU now seem to want Parliament to be involved in the minutia of it all. That's not a bad thing, just two decades late. Brexit will time out.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I'd be impressed if she pulled that off, we voted leave.
...checks prices of train tickets to London lol

I think I heard on the news Birmingham to London was £300 plus. I think they've priced would be protestors out of travelling to London. Megabus for me...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
I think I heard on the news Birmingham to London was £300 plus. I think they've priced would be protestors out of travelling to London. Megabus for me...

That's the problem with the news. Journalists are thick and will quote anything for a story. Birmingham to London is £20 to £76 at peak times and depending on the train.

www.nationalrail.co.uk...
edit on 7/1/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
I can get a return train to London for under £40 depending on time of travel, dedicated trains though, don't miss your connections or it becomes expensive lol
...they are expensive though without booking in advance, heck I can fly to the US for under £400, it is nuts.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: djz3ro

That's the problem with the news. Journalists are thick and will quote anything for a story. Birmingham to London is £20 to £76 at peak times and depending on the train.

www.nationalrail.co.uk...

I think he was charged that, it was probably taking journalist discount into consideration...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Train price variations are crazy though, I payed £45 for a pre-booked return journey a few weeks ago, if I'd bought the ticket as an open return on any train at the station it would have cost me £130.
Totally crazy when I can fly to Ibiza for £45.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The minister just announced under question that the meaningful vote will take place next week !

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join